Highpoint's smokeless tobacco reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by HighPoint 420, Dec 31, 2012.

1. #1 HighPoint 420, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    Highpoint's smokeless tobacco reviews

Hey guys and gals. I wanted to start up a thread to review my smokeless tobacco products. PLEASE feel free to suggest something for me to review and when I get a chance, I will pick it up and write up a review on it. Also, I would love to hear your opinions on some of the products!

My current dips I have on hand as of Dec. 31 2012.

[​IMG]

I will start with my favorite right now :

Copenhagen Wintergreen Long Cut
    [​IMG]
    Taste: 8/10
    Cut length : Normal long cut length
    I really enjoy cope wintergreen but lately it has been giving me heart burn. I feel as though it roughens up your lips and gums a bit more than other brands of cope and even skoal. The flavor lasts quite a bit long, I have had lips last easily almost an hour with still a bit of flavor left. Its also in how big of a pinch you grab also. Im not sure that I would recommend a new dipper this brand just due to its nicotine strength and the aggressiveness on the gums and lip areas.

Copenhagen Long Cut
    [​IMG]

Taste : 7/10
    Cut length : A lot shorter than most long cuts. Almost a fine cut if you ask me but just a tad longer.
    Cope LC is a very salty dip and for a long cut, its very short. If you haven't tried cope lc, you will find that if you are use to normal long cuts, its going to be a bit harder to keep packed in your lip until you get use to it. I usually can't keep this dip in as long as I could some other dips just because as I spit, I often loose some dip as I go since its a bit finer. If you like salty dips, I would suggest this a go but not to a new dipper due to its 'shorter' long cut. Im not sure honestly why its cut so short for a LC but I guess thats the way the decided to do it.

Copenhagen Straight Long Cut
    [​IMG]

Taste : 8/10
    Cut length : A typical LC

Unlike Cope LC, instead of a salty dip, this covers the sweeter end of the dip spectrum. I enjoy dipping this on whiskey nights. Its a very solid packer and you can take nice pinches out. I do find that it looses its flavor a bit quicker than most of my other dips but Id have to say its not a dramatic difference. I would suggest this to a new dipper if they were interested in more of a sweeter dip. It has a softer feeling in the gums and lip than the wintergreen in my opinion and its not hard to control.

Skoal Citrus Blend Long Cut

[​IMG]

Taste : 6/10
    Cut length : A typical LC

In my findings, Skoal always seems to be a bit drier of a brand to dip. Still very flavorful and moist once you get it in your mouth, fresh out of the can, it is just less moist that say, Copenhagen. When I open a can of cope, its almost shining with moisture, I haven't found that yet with the Skoal brand. This dip reminds me a lot like a citrus gum, like the zebra gum if anyone remembers that. I find that this dip also gives me some heartburn so if you are prone to heartburn from citrus, Id steer a bit away from this dip. Overall, the flavor lasts quite a bit long and its not a bad dip to start off the day with since its a bit less strong than most of my Cope brands. I would suggest this to a new dipper as it isn't too harsh on the gums and the nicotine wont send you spinning after a small pinch.

General's Wintergreen Portioned Snuff

[​IMG]
    Taste : 6/10
    Cut length : Portioned

This is a great snus. It is not an American made dip, it is a Swedish snus. Snus is supposed to be the 'healthiest' of the smokeless tobacco options. These come in already portioned pouches that some often joke about and call "Barbie Tampons"
    Below is an image to show how they come
    [​IMG]
    I honestly really like General's Snus and would use it a lot more if it wasn't so expensive in my area. To get a can of this runs about $7 (in my area). They are VERY gentle on your gums and you barely even notice any irritation. They don't stain your teeth if you brush daily and the flavor lasts for (up to) hours. Now even though I dip wintergreen flavors 80% of the time, I don't prefer the wintergreen flavor in the Snus. If I am going to use snus, I prefer mint which is odd because I don't dip mint anything. I would say if you could get a hold of some snus in your area, give it a try. I would absolutely recommend a new 'dipper' to general's snus and like I said, if you haven't tried it yet, go out and get yourself a can.

Id like to also add this little note. I had a member ask me a good question and Ill post that and my reply, hopefully it might give some insight on some other blades interested or at least confused on the subject.

Question:

My reply:

More reviews to come. And more reviews on later pages!
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

:wave:

2. Interesting although I dont partake in tobacco I do like reading reviews of different types of products for some reason.

3. Thanks for the interest man, more reviews to come shortly

4. all i see in this thread is mouth cancer

5. Your uneducated that's why my friend.

6. I go through a can of long cut a day. It messes up your gums man. I haute all the flavor shit but citrus and mint

7. i started off with skoal like most people. moved onto to grizzly wintergreen and have been switching off between that and cope straight the last few months. been trying to quit for the past 2 weeks, only had 3 pinches since then.

8. I wish you luck with quitting man. I really don't have much intentions on quitting myself. Even though some nights after I brush my teeth I think "Damn my gums are sore, going to cut back a bit more tomorrow" usually doesn't happen though lol .

9. haha yea, its more of a break than an actual attempt at quitting. soon as i go back to school i plan to start back up.

and btw, forgot to ask in my previous post, but can you review revved up?
    supposedly some guys in the army created it and it is like an energy drink and a pinch in one.

10. I have seen it online. I would like to try it

11. Love these reviews. I have dipped alot, including camel snus, triumph snus, cope wintergreen, skoal peach, grizzly wg, cope straight, skoal mint pouches but have never tried redman or pouch tobacco is it any good? Is it any different than normal.

12. To me, it taste like raisins. Its allot different....

13. i didn't really enjoy redman very much. too much of a mess and up swallowing a shitload of spit which i really do not enjoy. id rather just stick to straight dip rather than chew...:confused_2:

14. Swallowing puts holes in your guts.

15. I never knew what chewing tobacco was until I moved to Texas

16. I will def. try to get a hold of some. I might have to order it online but it sounds really interesting!

Thank you guys a lot for participating in this thread. I was worried I would either have a bunch of negative comments or no comments at all. I am going to do another review before I watch the expendables. Thank you again for your support!

17. yea i've had extreme difficulty trying to get my hands on some. the only way i can get it is to order it to my house...which i might have to do depending on your review:hello:

18. When I lived in NY I would have never thought about dipping. Until I moved to TN, dipping was out of the question. 1 It was a lot cheaper down there to start dipping and 2, it was more socially acceptable. Do you dip or chew now DDoublevision?

19. Nah man... personally I think its kinda gross. I've always wondered do people dip because of the taste? Or because of the 'buzz'?