Blinnnggg Blinggginn

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2012.

1. #321 Chrismittty, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
    Bought for 8.00 then Started at 9.99 on the 'bay last Saturday. This Saturday it ended at 89.99 + 5.60 S&H :yay: That's pretty good IMO. That's almost a 1/4 bag for a week of sittin on the 'bay:bongin:

So with a little cash, tad bit of patience, and the ability to recognize what is Real, then "trendy" or that sells well will go a long way.
    The above Sterling bracelet was purchased for $8..

Went to the back flea-market today, was an interesting time...Found like 40$ worth of scrap silver and 14k. Just a hand full of single Silver Earrings and a 14k one.:smoking:

2. Ok heres some of mine and my mums "bling".

First is my chain that was my nans then other chain and bracelet that are mine and my ring.

The other is my mums rings and a charm braclet.

My mum has a couple of other really cool necklace but Ill have to ask her to snap a pic of those.

And Ive been thinking of doing a bit of gold buying and selling for a while before I saw this and this is making me think that its a very good idea lol.

None of the stuff in the pictures will get sold at any point I wouldnt have thought though.

Attached Files:

3. I sold my 14k gold necklace for money to re up

I turned that money into 10x what that was worth

4. Dude your chain is sicck. I love it. I have wanted a gold coin pendant to throw on my 14k chain till I sell it...I have always thought Gold sovereigns looked cool, with St. George and the Dragon Slaying scene and all..I also like the link style..Do you know what Karat?? Also the nugget ring has a warm glow I like.
    I reallly like most of that stuff, especially the 6 sided "octagonal" links on the charm bracelet, that is unique. The markings looks cool too, at least from a far, Mind snapping some pics of them? There might be some info on them! Truly beautiful stuff you moms has, most of those rings have a real nice "antiquey" look about them, and quite a few look like they are a really robust yellow color gold, which I like. I really dig this stuff man, post as much as you can..!!
    Sucks being a dude in this business, I see so much stuff I would deem and "Pretty, Georgous, Beautiful, Classy, but I do not see much nice mens Solid Gold Rugged, Classic, Masculine, looking stuff, but that big link gold chain and Sovereign does look good, just the chain style is unisex enough to look good either way though...

Oh and if you ever need any info I can tell you what I know..and please do post any finds you make or buys you make! I say start now man, 24k gold is right under 1600. I say take advantage and try and scoop some up!

If you have the time to learn, patience to look, you can make some good money, once I step my game up, I hope to become a reasonable sized business..:smoking:I hope!!:p
    Well, shit yeah man, sounds like it is time to UPGRAADDDEEE! :smoking:

What kinda chain was it? Like style wise?

5. #325 Smokey McPott, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks alot man, everyone says that haha.
    I think that the chains and probably most as the rings are all 9k which I think is standard in the UK. And yeah I know that alot of those rings are pretty old, a few of them passed down in the family I think.

But sure man Ill try snap a few pics of that charm bracelet and Ill get some pics of the other necklaces, theres an egyptian head one thats pretty cool, a masonic orb and a tramp necklace. Its like a gold clown necklace but the man said it was a tramp not a clown when my mum got it. It really it quite a mental piece of jewelery. I looked it up online and couldnt find anything at all on it, not even a picture that look similar.

But yeah I know what you mean though, most of its either a plain chain or a ring. And a lot of the rings are mostly gems so they dont suit men as well. Saying that though I did see a very cool ring (or I thought it was lol) on ebay ages ago that I said Id get if I became rich lol. It was similar to the one I linked below for about the same price but it looks like this one has onyx stone on it whereas the other was solid gold and was about 16g apparently lol.

Lion of Judah Ring Full Gold 22 Karat | eBay

But thanks man, I think I may well start looking into where I could buy a bit of gold round here and if I need a hand it sounds like you know your stuff. A guy came to my door the other week asking to buy any gold, £13 a g and he showed a bag with some gold he had apparently bought that day and I thought hmm I could do that and told him to go away haha.

6. That is a nice ring man, and heavy, @ 22k its like an ingot on your finger.

[​IMG]

Thought this was too cool not to share, I am not sure if the base is Real silver or not, looks like it though.. Could be a nickle alloy or something, but it sure is a cool looking pipe...Has a red cabochon, looks like coral or carnelian, both could allude to the middle or far east, but you can kind just tell by looking at it:p

7. #327 Chrismittty, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
    A LIST OF MARKINGS TO AVOID WHEN BUYING JEWELRY! ITS ALLL FAKE IF ITS MARKED LIKE THIS. IT MAY BE NICE AND WORTH PERSONAL PURCHASE, BUT IS NOT WORTH MUCH ON THE RESALE MARKET, IF ANYTHING...

General Gold Plate Marks
    \tGold plate is a very thin plating (covering) of gold (about 1/1000 - 1/1,000,000 of an inch). Heavy gold electroplate might be 2 or 3/1000s of an inch thick. \t
    \t \t
    14KHGE \t14 karat heavy gold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of 14K gold
    18KGE \t18 karat gold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of 18K gold
    18KHGE \t18 karat heavy gold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of 18K gold
    24KGB or 24K GB \telectroplate \tplated with a thin layer of 24K gold
    Clad in gold \tcovered in gold \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Electroplate \telectroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Electroplated \telectroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Electroplating \telectroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    EP \telectro plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    GE \tgold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    GEP \tgold electro plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Gold Clad or Clad in Gold \tgold electro plate \tplated with a thin layer of 18-24K gold
    Gold Layered \tgold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Gold Plated \tgold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    GOLD PLTED \tgold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Gold Tone \tgold color applied \tcovered in gold color, not gold plating
    GP \tgold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    HE \theavy electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    HGE \theavy gold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    KARATCLAD \tkarat clad in heavy gold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    KGP \tkarat gold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    KHGE \tkarat heavy gold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    KTP \tkarat plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Layered \tlayers of gold applied \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Overlay \tgold overlay \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    Plated \tplated \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    TB \ttechnibond \ta layer of gold covering, bonded to the base metal
    Technibond \ttechnibond \ta layer of gold covering, bonded to the base metal
    Vermeil \tgold plate over sterling \tgold plate over sterling silver
    WGP \twhite gold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    YGP \tyellow gold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    \t \t
    electroplaqué d'or \tgold electroplate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K
    plaqué \tgold plate \tplated with a thin layer of gold, usually 18K

8. #328 Chrismittty, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    I very rarely want any of this too keep...But this little thing is cool as shit. Check out the sword Stick pin!!! I want it so bad. I hope I win the auction...May or may not be gold...Based on a tad of research, it is likely it is...or gold fill at the very least...
    Sword Pin and Monogram pin:
    [​IMG]
    Handle, with seed pearls.
    [​IMG]
    The scabbard: Also tiny seed pearls..
    [​IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOOO 6000 posts!!!!!!!!! wwwwwwooooooooooooo! :yay:

9. Won that sword pin for 14.50! :yay: I hope it is gold.....But either way I am happy it is cool as shit!!

10. that things sick, id keep that for sure.

11. Oh, I am going to.:cool:
    Its small, only about 4.5'' long but its a ballin ass stick pin...late 1800's for sure...

12. I'm not that into jewelry but I would like to own a nice watch one day..

13. What kind? Any ideas? Gold? Silver, Base metal?
    I have a watch obsession. excuse me *Vintage and Antique watch obsession.

14. We'll there is a rose gold Michael Kors watch I'm a fan of but I really don't like brand name stuff and I really don't give a shit about Michael Kors and I find most of his collections to be dull. So I'd like a watch like his that isn't his lol. I will post a pic when I'mI'm on comp.

15. Solid gold? Or Gold Tone/ Plated? I am vaguely familiar with MK, but haven't owned or bought any to sell...Its nice sure, but I like "artisan" work, and small scale companies vs the huge ones...They seem to have more character..The big companies try and appeal to everyone, all in one watch...Not my thing....Now I have an excuse to post a few Vintage ladies watches, lol:hello:

An Anne Klein Solid .925 Sterling Silver Swiss watch, Rope style band-A TAD GENERIC
    [​IMG]

Here's an antique 1920-1950 range Native American Turquoise watch tips on an ole mechanical Timex.. Sterling Silver and Turquoise TIPS
    [​IMG]

This one is a somewhat "Rare" Swiss Dulux and is solid 800 silver.
    [​IMG]

May not be your cup of tea, but this is the kinda stuff I grab up when I can (ladies or not) because they were good buys on the silver end of things!

16. I like the last one best. Here is the MK peice. Idk I liked it better when I saw it on someone lol [​IMG]

17. Didn't win this yet or anything, but I think it is pretty cool, Cool enough to share! :yay:
    [​IMG]
    check out the clasp style, it is supposed to have a SCREW, it's just simple and beautiful, something you don't see every day! I also believe it to be Sterling or maybe Coin (900/1000 silver).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks Tribal almost. Pierced, and etched, it looks hand made....Prettty Sick for a Chick :p

18. New find, on the Esoteric side of life...: Shriner Sterling Silver Bolo Tie:
    Turquoise, MOP, Black Onyx, Coral, and unsigned Sterling Silver.. The coolest part, it is NATIVE AMERICAN HANDCRAFTED!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got it for a decent price IMO, These things have a multidimensional market too...Obviously Freemasons, Shriners, then Native American jewelry collectors, then Freemasonic jewelry collectors, it goes on and on....

Figured I would share :bongin:

19. Another likely Native American Piece, but this time in 14k. Has some inlay, Native American style, probably Navajo or Zuni but is not signed so I can not be for sure. Going to have to repair this one, as part of the inlay has popped out, and been lost. This is one I am looking forward to working on.

[​IMG]