Business/Investing Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by fuckthecops, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hey blades! So in order for there to be a business sub forum, we have to show the mods that there is a big enough audience for one.

So this thread is dedicated to everything business/finance related. What stocks/companies do you have you eyes on? Any investing questions? Advice on how to manage your money?

Let's hear it!

2. I can beat the bookies in many ways. Buying and selling is great for a beginner to a self run business. Also I am not sure about america but here in england, we have a website where you can swap things. If you go to a car boot sale and buy things like old stamp books or ornaments for a quid or 2 then put them on that website, you'll be suprised at what people offer you!

3. Yes! We do need a thread on this. I'm starting to get into option trading. Anyone have experience with it?

4. #5 Makizushi, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    invest in LGF, Lionsgate company, that's making the movie The Hunger Games.

their stock is about to jump!

5. subbed,
    But I do have a question as a matter of fact,
    How are some of you so good at saving money?
    I always carry my money on me because I don't trust banks
    which I know is the problem but I'm not going back to banks.

So any tips on how to better save money?

6. Exactly the same, the banks try to charge me and wisely or unwisely I never use the account again and always take the money straight out. I think a cash card is different though because they don't charge you but I still keep cash!

7. My previous experience with a bank was they charged me just for owning a debit card from them, I forgot about the account for awhile because I had no job at the time and about 6 months later they're sending me letters saying that I owe them like $120 :eek:
    Its fucking outrageous.

8. [quote name='"superskunksmoke"']Exactly the same, the banks try to charge me and wisely or unwisely I never use the account again and always take the money straight out. I think a cash card is different though because they don't charge you but I still keep cash![/quote]

Yeah, I'm the same way, but unfortunately the way of the future won't be cash anymore...hell, I was just charged $3 for transferring money from my savings to my checking account too many times within a month, and apparently, that's a regulation the government created

9. [quote name='"Makizushi"']invest in LGF, Lionsgate company, that's making the movie The Hunger Games.

their stock is about to jump![/quote]

What kind of info do you have for this rise

10. [quote name='"LeroyDankins"']subbed,
    But I do have a question as a matter of fact,
    How are some of you so good at saving money?
    I always carry my money on me because I don't trust banks
    which I know is the problem but I'm not going back to banks.

So any tips on how to better save money?[/quote]

Well you have to overcome that fear and gave a saving account with them. It's a safer alternative then just your home. For many reason but i do agree with you I hate banks. But if i keep cash with me i tend to look at my wallet and just spend the money on stupid stuff

11. What kind of stocks do you guys own?

12. Does anybody trade on etrade?

How much is it per transcation?

Let's say I open an account?
    Bought $1000 in stocks?
    And 6 to a year later sell those stocks.

What will the charges be?

13. Lionsgate :D I love their films. It didn't occur to me to look up their stock. As for saving money I have two saving accounts, one hooked up to fund my credit card so I don't have to deal with debit card fees. Then the other account is strictly savings. Regional banks are usually better with not charging those gay fees. You should check out ones near you.

14. Trakeking is what I use. One of the cheapest place to trade stock.

15. [quote name='"Bliss Out"']Trakeking is what I use. One of the cheapest place to trade stock.[/quote]

What are there fees.

16. Its right on their home page. I think 4.95 to trade.

17. 9.99 per trade (to buy AND sell)

so if you buy and then sell a stock, you've spent 20 bucks in fees.

18. Yea Im about to cancel my bank account I keep fucking up. Over draft fees becuase of monthly 13.00 service fee when I didnt have any money so I got charged 35 on both accounts now Im negative like 100 lol fuck wells fargo.

19. [quote name='"Cali Smokes"']Yea Im about to cancel my bank account I keep fucking up. Over draft fees becuase of monthly 13.00 service fee when I didnt have any money so I got charged 35 on both accounts now Im negative like 100 lol fuck wells fargo.[/quote]

Banks find every reason to charge you