2010 Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by StonedImaculate, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Hey everyone and welcome to my second grow. It's been a while, and I haven't had the chance to experience an outdoor grow, as my first one was indoor. I currently have 3 plants that I started indoor about a month ago and moved out about one week ago, but have been hardening them off before that. I started off with 9, but because of limited space I decided only to keep 3. Better safe than sorry.
    My plants are only high grade middies, as I wasn't able to find any dank seeds for a long time, but if I get a hold of one and its feminized, she might join the family as well. When I first planted them they were in a mix I made of fox farms ocean forest, vermiculite, and peat, and a little bit of mushroom compost I think. Then when I transplanted them outside I mixed about a square foot of half of this organic soil coniditioner I found, and the native clayish soil. On the first plant that is bigger than the other two I mixed some slow release 14-14-14 fertilizer I had, the other two I left, and im gonna try to go mostly organic with them, and see which ones end up better.
    Last thing. When I was preparing the area, I sprayed a bunch of deer repellant on and around the plants (yes its food safe) and a some organic insecticide (that is also food safe), and pissed around the bushes a bunch to keep anything away from them =p Also I heard that if you put a ring of tin foil or something (ill have to look it up) at the basin of the plants, it keeps slugs away, so I might try that too.
    Well if you actually took the time to read all that, then heres the pics =p The first pic is when I had all 9 inside about a week ago, and then the other 4 are from today.

Attached Files:

2. Nice, hope all well ends well.

P.s. lookin like their gonna make some buddies + rep

3. My friend just told me he could hook me up with some dank dank seeds. They might even be feminized. He said he'd be willing to give them to me. If I can get 2 really dank femmed seeds, I might tear out the back 2 and replace them. A harsh decission for the plants, but I would rather have 2 really dank ass plants than 2 possible male mids that id only be keeping for the fact that their older.

4. Cool!

that one more than me.

How's the weather?

How old were they when you put them out?

It's really hard not to go check on them I haven't seen them in 4 days. I'm trying to hold out until I have a few more to plant.

5. I think it's better to grow plants outdoor, an ideal place where the plants are far from the pests and humming birds, etc., to avoid it's destruction, specially now that's the summertime is on it's full swing.

6. Oh trust me, these plants are in safe keeping :) To answer your questions I think they were about a month maybe 3 weeks old when I put them out, and during the day its about 70-80 and at night maybe 45 lowest

7. #7 LandoftheFree, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
    Looks good! I don't know if if I would rip out 2 of those though. If your friend is a grower, and not just a smoker, then I may take his word on the feminized seeds, otherwise I'd stick it out with what you've got. You can grow some really nice bud from bag seed. You have to figure if you buy a bag of commercial "mids", that it probably was not grown to the best of the growers ability, he's looking for quantity not quality, now if you take the same seeds and put them in the hands of someone growing 3 instead of 300 then I think they would get better taken care of. There is no doubt thou having good seeds will always be better, you know the growth characteristics and finishing times, but you may be surprised with the bud you get come harvest time. (hopefully no males or hermis!) Good Luck!

8. #8 StonedImaculate, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
    Yeah I know you're right man. I did indoor with some good bagseed last year too, and it turned out really good =p Definately at least kb... or w/e you call your 10 a gram stuff not headies though. but the thing about bagseed is those middie-type plants are designed for outdoors and you get a qp per plant of like dense dank nuggets. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the season brings

9. Yo. Update

Attached Files:

10. Sup, haven't heard from yall in a while. Spose its time for some nice pics :) The first one has shot way up

Attached Files:

11. And im back! ... , As my second comment, are they danky reg weed?

12. yeah it was pretty good as far reggy goes. Smelled pretty nice if I remember, and thanks man!

13. Man...

If you keep up the good work you are going to get some really nice buds. You need to stop thinking so negatively with the whole mids thing. Let me let you in on a little secret, Cannabis is a plant that will produce what you put in. Even if the seeds are from the some shitty weed doesn't mean anything.

With the love and care you put into those things you should be expecting high quality buds that you pay A LOT more than your "midys" costs.

14. Hey thanks man :) I hope what you say is true :) I can also say from first hand experience, anything you grow is gonna be pretty good, just because its fresh. Also you're right, the care you put into also has a lot to do with it. I was wondering, does anything know if purple stems is a nutrient deficiency? I thought it might have been phosphorus but I dont think it is...

15. Although I agree that you shouldn't get all worked up over the "midz" status of your plants, don't kid yourself-- genetics is the number factor determining the outcome of your efforts. Potency and yield, for example, are largely determined by genetic factors. So if your genes are for shit, your grow will probably be for shit: no amount of "nurture" can make up for a deficiency in "nature."

That being said, kind care and close attention can help reinforce whatever natural traits your plants have going, which means the bud you get out of it could be considerably better than the bud it came from if you, for example, harvest at peak ripeness, and dry/cure under ideal conditions.

On the whole, your grow looks good. At two weeks, I wish I was as far out of the gate as you!

16. #19 StonedImaculate, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Thanks man. And dont get me wrong it wasnt like shit weed that id wipe my ass with =p I mean it was some pretty decent smoke, and you never know. Maybe it had great genetics but a shitty a grower, so maybe i really will end up with some good stuff, I guess thats what makes bagseed fun :)
    So yeah I took a few more pics, I dont know, I like taking a lot of pictures, there kind of like little trophies for me :) (also I think you can see better in these pictures than the last ones)
    They are starting to look a little yellow, so I think I might sprinkle a little nitrogen on there next time I water, also there beginning to flower now, so I think I might throw a little of phosphorous on there too (I'll use my fox farms grow big and tiger bloom)

Edit: Im just a little concerned though that nitrogen won't fix the yellowing, because on the first plant I mixed a good bit of granular 17-17-17 in there (of course not an excessive amount but enough to help it along) and the other 2 are organic, except for one dosage of grow big before they went outside... so I dont think this is a case of over/ under fertilizing. I'll have to do a little research, see what kinda of deficiencies I can dig up that would match this

Attached Files:

17. I love seeing plants out in the wild thriving. Nice job!