Lets talk strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by farmermark, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ok, this was my first year growing and i have learned alot. I grew from some bag seed this year but next year i want to get 10 fiminized seed of two different strains. I'm looking for something that is fairly easy to grow yet with a high yield and good potency. I'd like it to harvest the crop before the end of October due to deer hunters. I have read some things and like what i heard about Amsterdam Gold. Bubblegum, Big Bud, Blueberry, Durban Poison, Early Pearl, Jack Herrer, White Russian. I am wondering what everyone on here is growing and has had experience with, any tips on the strains i have listed and any others that you may suggest would be deeply appreciated. Also if there is a site where this information is complied good so that i could read more i'd also like to know about it. Thanks

2. First of all, before anything else, why feminised seeds???

Do you actually know about feminised seeds more than what there is being said about them by most seed retailers?

:)

3. No i'll be honest with you, i don't know much about them at all. I've read a little on here and have seen mixed reviews.

The way i figure it though, if i buy 20 seeds, and get say 18 females and maybe 2 hermies then it would be better than buying 20 seeds and getting 10 females and 10 males. Just what i thought.

4. Fems are a scam, personal opion. But thats just me. If you can find the true breeding Durban's I would highly recommend them. Damn near impossible to kill and yields a nice sum of buds. Its a very happy uplifting smoke great for gtting you through the day. Not super potent, but a good strain IMO.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. Im not with fems outdside.I mean I did grow them and it was ok but its alot of stress and fear cause hermies what can bring to hot than to cold weather than cold and rainy days or soil ph or or
    Fems are ok for inside where is much more control than outside, but outside reg seeds rocks.

There is just couple co. in what I trust about fems.

Dutch Passion
    Marshall Seeds
    Female Seeds
    Dinafem Seeds
    &
    Sweet Seeds

all other is pure trash !

6. I think Leapfrog is referring to the fact that feminized seeds will eventually deplete the original seed stock of cannabis throughout the world because they are not natural females (you can't make viable seeds with them). Breeders who make feminized seeds are in only for the profit and don't care about this problem. Buying non femmed seeds is the most natural way and if they have a good environment you get a ratio of 60-80% females which is fine. Mr Nice has good original non femmed seeds. I'm growing femmed seeds this year but didn't know this. Next year I'll use non femmed ones from Mr Nice or another breeder of the sort.

7. Im growing Durban Poison right now and it is a sinch. Pretty much just through the seed in the ground and presto. I got a female as tale as me and shes still growing.

As for the fem seeds it seems like if your gonna breed you dont want them. The other problem is if you over look a plant cuz you think its femal and it turns out hermi then you can end up with a lot of crap seeds in your bud.

8. That's good. I never tried the Durban Poison but I've read many god things about it. Feminized seeds don't make more hemies from what I saw in OldPork's and Dankohzee's work. I hope mine don't this year! The main criticism about feminized seeds is that you can't make viable seeds with them (they're not real females) and that the world cannabis gene pool is deteriorating because of them.

9. Fems are just more sensitive than reg seeds on conditions and stress at all.
    Also, fems are not viable like reg seeds what means restricted plant body structure and yield ofc, ok not so much but its restricted.

Fems comes from stressed "dad" plant.
    It's like like mental sickness, can not be expressed in next filial generation but there is big predispositions for that kind of sickness cause parent genetics.

Cause this I only trust to that co. (above posted) about fem seeds.

10. #10 fawohodie, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
    this year im trying feminised seeds, they dissapointed me & dont think that i'll try them again. so next year only reg seeds will be bought.

As outdoor master said^^^^... they are more sensitive to a lot of factors

11. ok no feminizied, so what strains

12. so nobody else?

13. #14 Burned Haze, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    DNA from what reviews and journals with any of there strains, seem like some major yeilders and sept-early oct flowering finshing. Which can be a major prob with strains that take late oct - to nov. So your looking at a indica or a hybrid, sativa's are alright for warm area, but shit if your in the north. your fucked.

that's why bag-seed is kinda worthless in alot of ways (disease , bugs ) you never know wtf ur going to expect. However you can find some strains in bagseed that are amazing, clone em :)

I have been making personal requirements for next years, Must be early/end Sept flowering for max yield. Must be disease resistant and mold, meaning airy buds/structure. This is list so far of good venders, growers. w/e u want to call em, Fuck FEM'S!

Barneys Farm Seeds
    Confirmed Sept) Barneys Farm LSD , Night Shade , Amnesia Lemon, Red Dragon, 8 Ball Kush, Violator Kush, Blue Cheese
    Code:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-regular-seeds/cat_25.html

DNA
    Code:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/dna-genetics-seeds-regular/cat_35.html
    Sept:
    L A Confidential,Chocolope

Kiwi Seeds
    ( ALL SEPT end flowers confirmed) Daddy's Girl , Kiwiskunk ,Milky Way,Mako Haze

Code:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/kiwi-seeds-regular/cat_55.html
    TH:( Heavy Duty Fruity, Mendocino Madness , Burmese Kush, The Hog ( all Sept!)
    Code:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/th-seeds-regular/cat_4.html]TH SEEDS REGULAR
    SOMA SEEDS
    ( Confirmed SEPT flowering)
    13 Haze x Somativa, G13 Haze x White Willow, White Willow, G13 Haze White Light, EEDS G13 Haze x NYC Diesel

Nirvana Seeds
    Code:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/nirvana-seeds-regular/cat_19.html
    Confirmed Sept Seeds:
    Snow White,Venus Flytrap,Kaya Gold,Super Skunk (Aug!),Aurora IndicaPure Power Plant (PPP), Master Kush, Short Rider , white widow, wonder woman, Northern Light

FLYING DUTCHMEN

Code:
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/flying-dutchmen-seeds-regular/cat_47.html
    Confirmed Sept Seeds:
    Dutchmen Haleys Comet,Early Durban

-BH

14. Unless you're growing for sale of currently popular name brands in metro markets to get top dollar your best bet by far is using seeds that have been bred in your particular environment. Serious outdoor growers reserve males and females far from the main crop of females for their own seed production. Those seeds have traits developed from the local soil, nutrient additions and weather conditions they're grown to maturity in, a tough combination to beat, especially for organic growers.

Finding those growers with seed strains locally developed over the years can be difficult as they're usually older with well-developed and justified paranoia. Younger, new growers are seldom taken into the fold due to their well-known propensity of bragging to friends about their accomplishments and dropping a dime at the first instance of LE harassment. Next year consider producing your own seeds. You won't have to worry about which strain(s) to grow and you'll be totally independent, a very pleasant circumstance.

15. #16 Leapfrog, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    From THIS place and no other.

Read their history, then you will know why.

Keep in mind that history was written in a publicly presentable way.

:)

16. Depending on what climate you grow in, the early girl/pearl strains are good for cooler/short growing seasons. Also resistant to mold which is good when the weather cools and gets damp for a few days.

17. Remember, NONE company do not have full list of TOP genetics.
    Don't purchase seeds just cause company name, company name means marketing and usually maded on just couple strains OR one genetics line.

I can agree with Mr.Nice seeds but not all of them ... not because different quality of strains - but u have own criteria about strains what you need.

Mr Nice seeds
    Black Widow / 60 eu / 18 seeds
    Critical Mass / 60 eu / 18 seeds
    Medicine Man / 75 eu / 18 seeds

Marshall
    Seeds
    BlueChem / 36 eu / 12 seeds
    Kushees / 36 eu / 12 seeds

TH Seeds
    SAGE / 70 eu / 10 seeds
    SAGE n Sour

No Mercy supply
    Double Fun / 32 eu / 10 seeds
    Santa Maria / 70 eu / 10 seeds
    Lucky Queen / 32 eu / 10 seeds

Srious Seeds
    Chronic / 70 eu / 10 seeds

Spice of Life Seeds / if you can find them, but even F2 will be ok
    Sweet Tooth #3
    Ultimate Indica
    OG Kush x Blue Satelite 2.2

Soma Seeds
    Sogouda
    Buddah Sister / 80 eu / 10 seeds

White Widow web Seeds
    Lemon Skunk / 55 eu / 12 seeds
    White Widow 2004 / 61 eu / 12 seeds

Sagarmatha Seeds
    Slyder / 50 eu / 10 seeds
    Yumbolt / 58 eu / 10 seeds

there is couple more of couple more co. what I will recommend to you but this is more than enough and much much more for happy outside grow

18. wow, why the knock on fems? I have never had any problems, no less yield or anything. Not sure why you people are having those troubles. I do however order regular seeds from time to time just to have them just in case everything in the world goes to shit i can still have good genetics to grow, gotta keep the ganja going.

19. Oh and strains, I go with something either full or mostly indica, they have shorter flowering periods. You can't always go by what the reviews say on web sites, unless they show an outdoor harvest time, some strains will have a longer flowering time outdoors.