My First Harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by booberry, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Pictures up this evening, the wife has the camera today with all my pics

It is a harvest of superskunk and one bagseed :smoking:. This is my first time, all the hairs were red and i figured they were done. I have a few questions...

1. What should I do with the trimmings? I kept them all in a bag, should I freeze it till' use? Would a bubble bag be sufficient?

2. I have them sitting on a towel with a fan going over them, is this an ok way to dry these buds? Houston Is really humid always....

3. Some of the buds have a little fertilizer that bounced off the ground during a rain still on the buds and leaves, should I wash the fert off now or later?

Thanks all for the advice and constructive criticisms. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Niccee man, hang to dry in a well ventilated room until dry on the outside on the buds. The put in jars for curing burping once a day.

Edit: The wayyou have them is fine just don't have the fan blowing directly on the buds, make hash or oil out of the trimmings.

3. Laying your buds down on a surface and not hanging them is also going to cause your bud to stick to the surface depending on what it was and destroy alot of those precious trichnomes, and or cause the side of the bud it was laying on to become nice and flat wile it drys, so youll have a nice half flat bud to smoke.

4. Well none of them are flat, but thanks for the advice. I may have lost a few trich's, but it's still ok because the bud is great...... next time i'll hang it out

5. Hey boobery, I know it still maybe to early to tell, but if not how much did you harvest and how big were your plant(s)

6. Hey guys,

I usually let my buds dry on window screens, that way you can enable the bud to dry on all surfaces, just like you would if you were hang drying......just a tip.:)

7. None of them made it over 2 feet tall, and they came from clones so they didnt flower long. My dry weight (what i hope is dry) is 48.8 grams. So just shy of 2 oz's. I have a bud or two that I dont think ill smoke, so im gonna turn them into hash. I put everything in a nearly air tite plastic container last night, and when I opened it up this morning there was a tiny tiny little bit of condensation on the lid. I opened the container up on it's side and have a fan blowing indirectly on it, do you guys think this will be ok to finish it out or should I take the screens of my windows and further dry them? I would take them all out but I hate the thought of repeatedly handling my bud.

8. Excellent tip sir, I might have to take my buds out and continue drying them that way

9. i would do that boo, i have lost over 1 oz to mold by jaring too soon- good advice