Plucking Buds early

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by frozen, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Alright my question is, is it safe to take buds near the bottom of the plant before its 100% mature because I pulled two tiny buds near the bottom of the plant to try my bud out before the final product and I dont want the whole plant to stop flowering just because I pulled some.

2. thats great. No it will only stress the plant if you cut allot off at once.

I took a sample this morning of mine shes fine.

Andrew

3. thanks, are you drying the bud like you would when u harvest or did u just pluck it and smoke

4. i took a clipping of bud of of my plant last night....i put it in the microwave for 5 seconds on easch side untill it was dry

5. that was stupid. Kill the THC before you get to smoke it.

I am letting mine hang in a dark closet for a few days.

i took around a gram bud off.

Andrew

6. I also choped a little sample bud last night. I find its a good way to get all your drying/curing setup going.

7. its actually not that stupid, and works rather well really....no thc gets used up in the process, it just the moisture of the plant that leaves that wet residue.....and it beats waiting for a week for the shit to dry up in your closet.....im not saying that that method isnt the best way to dryy ur buds(thats what im going to do for the bulk of my harvest) but for those of us who need a smoke the microwave is the way to go bro!!!!:rolleyes:!!!!

8. really eh? so you think if you run crazy hot microwave energy through your weed its not going to burn out the THC.

im sorry but thats something i would do when i was 13 years old and feening for a hoot.

9. I just pinched a bit of bud off my plant, but I don't think she's doing too well. She's been flowering for well over... I don't know how long (too long!), but the buds are only slightly getting bigger every day or so. No real good growth. And I think pests are getting in there.

I wouldn't nuke my buds.

Patience is a virtue.

10. exactly. My gram bud that i picked is almost dry from yesterday morning.

Andrew

11. no i dont...because if you put it in for only five seconds at a time on each side untill it dry's it doesnt get hot enough to leak out any thc bro....i would try it before you rank on me like im an idiot....and if you read my post earlier entitelled "fiendege" you would know i wouldnt want to wait the days:rolleyes:

12. yeah pretty bad you cant wait a few days.

13. Just wait a bit, man.

It'd be so much more worth it.

14. !!dude!!
    !!!Feeeeeeiiindeeeeegeee!!!

15. I understand man.

Fight those impulses, though!

16. Do you understand "Microwave" energy? :rolleyes:
    The HOTTEST something can get in a MW (without metal coating) is 212 degrees
    THC vaporizes at a lil' higher temp than that...
    All you lose in the MW is flavor....and ya' lose alot of that ...but the "Kick" is still there ;)

17. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1856626" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DrBudGreengenes</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by AndrewBud [​IMG]
    really eh? so you think if you run crazy hot microwave energy through your weed its not going to burn out the THC.

im sorry but thats something i would do when i was 13 years old and feening for a hoot.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Do you understand "Microwave" energy? :rolleyes:
    The HOTTEST something can get in a MW (without metal coating) is 212 degrees
    THC vaporizes at a lil' higher temp than that...
    All you lose in the MW is flavor....and ya' lose alot of that ...but the "Kick" is still there </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hes right the only thing you lose is the taste, but not the THC. It may reduce the THC's quality but doesn't destroy it.:smoke:

18. if you have enuff bud you dont worry about wasting it...
    i like to nuke a bud twice for 5 seconds and then put it on top of my monitor untill it will burn evenly when rolled..the taste and stone are acceptable...

this is only for emergencies...

19. Like the song goes "Before you Knock-it, Try it first".