Hottbody's Summer Outdoor Grow 2007....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Hottbody, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Everyone -

Sorry I have not been around the Grasscity forums in a while.... I feel like I have not been giving back to the group that has helped me so much in first few years I was growing marijuana! Without the folks on this forum board I would still be growing without the info (smarts!) needed to be a successful (& sexy) grow girl.... Last summer I was on this forum lots helping answer questions that new growers had about growing outdoors -- This summer I have been working my cute little ass off out in the woods getting my SUMMER GROW 2007 going.

Most of the reason that I have had to work so much harder this summer is I am going much bigger this summer! (Last summer I put 40 plants into holes in the ground -- this summer I have 78 going into holes in the ground!!) So needless to say I have been busy out in the woods digging 2\'X2\'X2\' holes. I dig the hole and then re-fill the hole with a mixture of 25% the soil I took out of the hole and 75% Land & Sea Compost....
    [​IMG]
    IT IS A BITCH TO HAUL 30 OF THESE 40lbs BAGS INTO THE WOODS BUT MY MJ PLANTS LOVE IT AND THRIVE ON IT SO IT\'S WORTH IT!!! (Plus it\'s great way to help keep me in shape for ski season which is only 157 days away!)
    ===========================================
    Here are a few pictures of the holes I prep for my plants! I grow in 7 different locations with the most holes/plants at any one location is 14 the least is 6 plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=====================================================================
    So this year I started 108 seeds in seed trays on May 1st. (See Photo Below)

[​IMG]

Of my 108 seeds I put in soil --- 85 made their way up out of the dirt and started to grow!! (YES - You did hear me right!! I did not pre-germ my seeds before putting them in soil... I know some of you will flame me for this but this is the way I have always done it and I had a 79% sucess rate this year. Did you do that well??)

So here are photos of my young plants taken on May 21st.... (Only 20 days after they were put in the dirt to germ)

[​IMG]

=========================================
    [​IMG]

So that is it for now..... I am going back out in the woods tomorrow to check on my plants, to finish making holes in the ground and to take some more pictures so you all see how my plants have grown in the last 2 weeks......

KISSES -
    HOTT

2. Welcome \'home\' hotbody! That is going to be some crop this year, lookin forward to the updates!:wave:

3. Definatly lookin good! I cant wait to see the update pictures.

4. DDDAMM son make sure the PoPo dont find out about that shit or ur fucked
    and what r u growing??

5. Hey Smokinhamster -

I don\'t have to worry to much about the PoPo as Maine is very rural and my grow spots are very hard to find!! I know where they are and I still have trouble finding 1 of them! I go to my plants only about 1 time a week once everything is in the ground and growing. I grow in 7 different locations that are not on my land. Here is the break down of what I have growing at each location.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Location #1
    I have 12 plants growing at Location #1.....
    8 from seeds (3 Swiss Miss) (3 Northern Lights X Shiva) (2 Hindu Kush)
    4 Clones (Purple Power X Northern Lights)

Location #2
    I have 14 plants growing a Location #2.....
    12 from seeds (4 Swiss Miss) (4 Early Girl X Big Bud) (4 Hindu Kush)
    2 Clones (Purple Power X Northern Lights)

Location #3
    I have 9 plants growing a Location #3.....
    6 from seeds (2 Swiss Miss) (2 BC Biker Bud) (2 Hindu Kush)
    3 Clones (Purple Power X Northern Lights)

Location #4
    I have 8 plants growing a Location #4.....
    6 from seeds (2 Early Girl X Big Bud) (2 Swiss Miss) (2 Northern Lights X Shiva)
    2 Clones (Purple Power X Northern Lights)

Location #5
    I have 14 plants growing a Location #5.....
    11 from seeds (3 Early Girl X Big Bud) (4 Swiss Miss) (4 Hindu Kush)
    3 Clones (Northern Lights X Shiva)

Location #6
    I have 9 plants growing a Location #.....
    7 from seeds (1 Early Girl X Big Bud) (3 BC Biker Bud) (3 Hindu Kush)
    2 Clones (Northern Lights X Shiva)

Location #7
    I have 12 plants growing a Location #.....
    10 from seeds (2 Early Girl X Big Bud) (4 Swiss Miss) (4 Northern Lights X Shiva)
    2 Clones (Northern Lights X Shiva)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

So there it is..... 78 plants total in the ground (18 Clones & 60 from seeds)

:hello: Let the fun begin.... It is time for some fun at the beach and riding my Mtn Bike now that my planting is all done!

Kisses -
    Hott

6. i\'m interested, how are you going to cope come harvest time? presumably all those different strains are going to mature at different times, or will you crop them all at once?

7. damn girl.

that is legit, that is either a lot of income or a lot of bowls :hello:

props

8. Hey Wade -

Yes I am a bit worried about that.... Last season at harvest time I spent 11 days at 8 or 9 hours a day bringing in the harvest. Including cut, trim, dry, cure and all the other stuff that goes with it.... I really hope that because of the strains I am growing that harvest time is spread out over a bit longer period of time this year. If not I am \"Up Pot Creek without enough trim scissors\" or enough days to do the job! I have a few friends that will help out in exchange for some bud but that is never a sure thing until they really show up and start to help. We will cross that creek when we get to it.... In the mean time I just hope we don\'t get an early frost or snow this fall because if we do I won\'t have any buds to worry about at harvest time! :(

Kisses -
    Hott

9. Hey Everyone -

Here are some photos of how my summer grow is going!! It has been very dry here in Maine with little or no rain in the last few weeks! (Last summer we had 11 inches of rain in the first 3 weeks of June -- This year we have had less than 1 inch of rain in the first 3 weeks of June!) Needless to say the ground is very dry and I have been hauling water to my plants several days a week.... I hope we get some rain soon so I can cut back on visits to my grow sights! Here are some photos I took today of a few of my plants. (June 25, 2007)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only 105 more days until it is harvest time!! :smoke: (I can\'t wait!!)

Kisses -
    HOTT

10. That shit grew that fast? thats crazy

11. dude holy shit, you got so many plants i envy you
    that is amazing im listening to this all the way
    you are definetly well prepared, i assume this isnt ur first grow haha , how long have u been growing for?

12. like dude said they grew that big that fast, what from 1 inch to 3 feet in 20 days???

13. damn ur bout to get a ton of marry jane off all thoes plants.. keep up tha g0od work!!!!

14. yeah, I\'m curious, how the hell did they get so big so fast?! lol

15. Haha I have a question as well. It looks like some semi wooded area in those pics, how do you keep all the wildlife away? Plants look fantastic BTW.

16. Hey Guys -

You are a bit mixed up on your dates..... If you read my post above you will see that I put seeds in soil on May 1st. The photos of the 2\" & 3\" plants were taked on May 21st (Three weeks after the seeds went in soil....) The next set of photos (bigger plants) in the above post were taken on June 25th -- That is 35 days which is 5 weeks not 3 weeks that the plants grew from 3 inches tall to the size they are now. And the plants are not 3 feet tall yet... (I hope they will be by early next week!) They are in the range of 22 to 28 inches which is shy of 3 feet by between 8 and 14 inches! (12 inches = 1 foot -- for those of you who use the metric system!)

So if you read thru the post and look at the pictures and do some math you will see that I planted seeds 55 days ago and now have plants that are about 2 feet tall. Does not everyone else get this type of growth outdoors with lots of sun, right amount of water and food and care for the plants???

Kisses -
    HOTT

PS - And guys stop calling me \"DUDE\" -- I am a girl and proud of it!

17. Hey OPT!KAL -

I have only had problems with slugs & snails in the past years and this year because it is so dry there are not many of these around. I live in an area where there is lots of green stuff growing. (Ferns, raspberry & blackberry bushes, all sorts green hardwood trees like (maple, birch, oak, beach, & apple) and tons of other green plants/bushes/trees/flowers that I don\'t even know what they are called!

If you live and grow in a dry place where most of the wild plant life turn brown & dries out -- deer and other grazing animals will go after your green lush pot plants -- but if there is lots of green stuff around they are not going to come looking for your pot plants! (as a matter of fact animals like deer will steer clear of plants they do not know!) They will only eat things that they are familar with..... So unless there is lots of pot growing in your area they have never tasted it before and will eat something that they know instead of a plant they have never tasted!

I did have some trouble with either skunks or racoons. They were digging up my plants and I could not figure out why..... Then it came to me..... The LAND & SEA COMPOST that I use has lobster, clam & mussel shells ground up in it and they were digging after what smells like rotting fish. A few of my plants were dug up and they died. A few where dug up and I was able to replant them and they made it.... Now that that soil has been out there a while the smell must have mellowed out because I have not had any problems in about 10 days.

Kisses -
    Hott

18. wow great job. so many plots to work with. lots of work ahead of you but enjoy the end result. ill be checkin in OFTEN:)

19. damn hott, your plants are off to a good start. They\'re gonna be huge by the time flowering starts. Your going to have some nice Maine christmas trees there, huge colas! I\'m sticking around for this one.

20. Im definately pulling up a chair for this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.