Join Willie Nelson's New Political Party (TeaPot Party)

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by P8NTBLR, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Crazy: Willie Could Get Two Years In Texas Pot Bust

Toke of the Town - Crazy: Willie Could Get Two Years In Texas Pot Bust

Thanks to our fearless Border Patrol, music legend Willie Nelson, 77, could face up to two years in prison for his marijuana possession arrest, according to a criminal defense attorney in Austin.

The attorney told website TMZ that Willie's arrest for six ounces of weed at a Border Patrol checkpoint could get the singer six months minimum and up to two years in prison.

However, ace L.A. pot attorney Bruce Margolin -- who's also director of the Los Angeles chapter of NORML, the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws -- said that Willie might dodge prison time if he could convince a jury that he just forgot the pot was on the bus.

Margolin believes Nelson should say the pot was California-grown, with California, of course, being the first of 15 states which have legalized the medicinal use of cannabis.

The bust went down at the Sierra Blanca, Texas checkpoint after Nelson's tour bus pulled in Friday morning and a Border Patrol officer smelled marijuana through the vehicle's open door.
    Nelson, one of three people arrested, said the pot belonged to him. He was briefly held on a $2,500 bond before being released.

"It's kind of surprising, but I mean we treat him like anybody else," said Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West. If by "surprising," Sheriff West means "I'm a fucking moron if I didn't already know Willie smokes weed," then yeah, right. "Surprising."

Two days later, in a statement to website CelebStoner.com, Nelson called on the United States to start a new political party based on the legalization of marijuana.

"There's the Tea Party," Nelson wrote in an email. "How about the Teapot Party? Our motto: We lean a little to the left... Tax it, regulate it and legalize it," Nelson wrote.

When Willie speaks, he makes it so. By Sunday afternoon, a Facebook page for the Teapot Party had already been created. The page already had almost 7,000 followers Monday morning.

"Stop the border wars over drugs," Nelson wrote. "Why should the drug lords make all the money? Thousands of lives will be saved."

Stoner comedian Tommy Chong has already endorsed Willie's Teapot Party. "If Willie gets behind something, you know it's going to be big and in your face," Chong told CelebStoner. "Any pot party is a wonderful idea."

2. If you have a facebook account just search: Willie Nelson's Teapot Party.... there are already 10k+ subscribers. Endorsed by Tommy Chong

3. Done deal. If we,the cannnabis users of America will band together as a voting entity,can end the prohibition of marijuana in America.

4. Man they need to free him and worry about important stuff like banning K2, SPICE whatever you call the poison. Rats I deleted FB if I didnt i would be added upon that List

5. It's happening, it just takes time.

Patience is a virtue.

6. Joined.:hello: This is such a good idea. What Willie is going though is ridiculous and should never have happened.

Weed is safer than booze, so its time to regulate it.

7. wow, people from different states are joining the Teapot Party and making their own state branches from the main mother branch "willie nelson's teapot party"

8. "31,767 People Like This" As of this morning. This is getting big. This may very well become a deciding factor in the next election, if the page keeps growing at this rate anyways.

9. Um, guys..... Hate to burst your bubbles because I'm all for legalization too... but single-platform third parties never ever ever ever ever ever make any sort of positive difference (and often reflect negatively upon the platform they espouse). Just sayin, from a political and historical stand point...

Looking back at the "Marijuana party" protest videos, I see why no one took them seriously. If you guys really want to do this, and do it well, spread the fact that the party MUST be represented in a respectable fashion. Get a haircut, take a shower, wear a SUIT, use correct friggin English! The general population does not well accept the demands of a gaggle of radical protesters. Change comes from the inside, so use this as a chance to appear like an insider.

And change the name... The Teapot party, while cleaver, just doesn't sound powerful enough.

10. If the TPP can get big enough they can endorse a candidate of the big two instead of trying to put their own candidate in office.
    And the name is fine,because regardless of how you name it,the media will fill up with pot humor,,,,unless we get big enough. :smoke:

11. 31k ppl is horribly low, compared to how many people would like to see legalization.

in today's world thats like an ant trying to conquer a twinkie by him self, that has a bunch of other mean nasty ants on it. :(

12. The page was just created like 4 days ago...

At the very least this can bring more light to the whole movement.

Hater's gonna hate :rolleyes:

13. #14 dc199, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
    This just makes me think willie is a really good guy. I mean dudes famous and was on his tour bus, im sure someone, if not multiple people offered to take the charges for him, but he took responsibility. What a guy.

Edit- Over 36,000 people in the tea pot party

14. Exactly, people don't realize exactly how many stoners there actually are in the US/Canada, I think those that didnt vote on prop 19, might start voting if we can get enough coverage.. but it's sad that there are some people who want it legalized that wont vote because they're too lazy... :mad:

15. Do you need a facebook page of your own just to be able too sign up for Willie's teapot party? Forgive me for asking, but how do you join?