Grow BOX

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GanjaGrowa, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ok so i figured out how to upload pictures finally. This is my grow box that i have been building for the last two weeks. its finally done and painted. check out the picture and let me know if you see anything needed or what you think of it. any hints on growing indoors would be much appreciated. ill post some pics of the babies in a little while. pic1.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

2. looks nice. I would use mylar instead of paint. I used to paint my stuff, but mylar reflects like 99% of light. I think white paint 85%. Its not much, but if you can find mylar cheap in the future it is better.

3. sweet thanks for the advice where do you get this myler stuff at?

4. #4 GanjaGrowa, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    here are the my two 2 week olds which are the first two bigger plants and my 4 day olds are the second 2 plants. DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

5. I want to try this, man. How much did the box cost altogether? What kind of box is that, and did it come insulated or did you insulate it, or does it even need insulation? I've never grown before, but I really want to start.

6. yeah man i actually just built it and put the plants into it. it costed no more than $100. i had some stuff laying around and what i didnt i bought at lowes and best buy. as for insulating there is none on mine. the temp inside is about 75, which it says to be between 70-80F. I would say no to the insulation but if your interested i can give you more detailed directions on how to build it. it took about a week and a half to finish.

7. Yeah, man. If it's not too much trouble, more info would be great. I'd love to do something like this. I also need to know about the lights and fan. Like which to buy and all.

8. ok well what i did was went to lowes and picked a larger sheet of wood 4'x6' and about 1/2 to3/4 in thick. you can choose how much you want to spend i choose particle board becuase it was $18 a sheet. they have many different types though. Then i prettty much built a rectangular box... the intention was to make it look like a speaker box which it does somewhat. my dimensions are 35'' tall 16'' wide and 20'' deep. may have to draw them down to understand what im talking about. so u need to cut 2 sheets 20''x35'', 2 sheets 16''x20'' and so on...... once u get the box together leaving the door off for now. buy some kind of caulk and seal the inside cracks. you will also need to buy a back of small hinges to attach the door. At this point you will have a wood box with a door that looks like a large cabnit. the fan u need 1 or 2 i would perfer 2 120mm one on top and back these can be purchased for $10 each at bestbuy.. but worry about building a sturdy cabnit first.

9. nice man, gl to you :D

10. Alright, thanks, I'll try it. Good luck with your grow, too, man.

11. I bought mylar sheets from Edmund Scientific website, but it is all over the internet. Keenzo.com has it. Ive never found it at a store, but if you have a good nursery they might have it.

12. ok thanks man

13. #13 GanjaGrowa, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    Well it has been about three weeks since my last update on my plants there now about 4 and a half weeks old. i am going to start to flower them. i am choosing to do this now because i do not want the plants to grow to tall for my box. i am going to try to get pictures up... my leaves are lighter green then i would like.. does anyone know what this could be from??? Ill have pictures up ASAP... but anyhelp till then would be much appreciated..

14. Here are my 2 plants that i got pictures for let me know what you guys think

Attached Files:

15. Sick grow bro, in such a small space too =] +rep fo shizzle :D

16. Hey Man thanks for the reply.. glad you think im doing good this is my frist grow in this box... im going to start flowerin this week too keep them good height for my box.. got any advise on indoor flowering?

17. Nice plants man how many watts of light you got on dems?

18. Glad you like them.. this is my frist grow in this box ijust built it a few months ago..i have 2 26watt daylights and 2 26 watt soft white CFL's... the temp have been about 74 and humidty like 62%... i give them a good spray in the morning and that seems to do the trick with the humidity level.. im open to about any advice though..

19. what are those adapter that run from the light bulb to the outlet?

20. Yey GanjaGrowa. Need help. How did you add your pics. I want to pst some of my latest pics but cant