My finished stealth grow dresser/ Grow Journal start. Aurora Indica/ Blue Mystic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Crizl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. #1 Crizl, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    Original Design
    [​IMG]

Finished product
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all i changed up was the exhaust set up
    still need to Y the light hanging in the middle and install the second light source at the far right, also need to find another small fan so i can use that big guy in my room again to cool myself off haha and put my Blue Mystic in there but other than that the box is finished

and now the grow journal for my new set up begins haha

2. #2 Crizl, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    • Hydro or Soil? Fox Farm Soil mixed with peat moss, perlite and a cm of sand on the top layer to prevent Fungus Knats in 8 inch flower pots which so far one is snugly dropped down through a 7 inch in diameter hole in the base to allow more actual grow space for the plant.
    • Type of light? [CFL Grow] (3) 100 (eq)watt, 6500K, 1800 lumen bulbs and one 300 (eq)watt, 2700K, 4200 Lumen bulb. Total Actual Watts so far:149. Total Lumens so far: 9600. now on 24/7 light cycle. Tomorrow 3 more 100 (eq) watt bulbs will be added to the grow box upping the wattage usage to 230 for 2 plants and bringing the lumens to 15000 for 2 plants.
    • "Atmosphere" Conditions? Temps on average are 73 degrees, Humidty is about 43%, 2 fans, one 4 inch and one 10-12 inch fan but it will be switched out for another 4 inch fan. I also have a 6inch inline duct fan pulling hot air from the grow room up into the sealed off top space of the box in which it has no where to go but 3 holes in the back of the box at the same corresponding level, the exhaust fan runs at about 1 sones and with the door shut on the box its hard to notice anything at all, holes that are screened off to keep out pests/ bugs in the base floor of the box which allows cold air from the bottom level of the floor to be pulled through into the space.
    • Watering? (water about 24ML every other day or two)
    • PH Range? (6.7 ish )
    • Nutrients/Supplements? no nutrients yet but i am using a very light dose of SuperThrive in my water
    • Plant(s) info: Shes a Feminized Aurora Indica, 11 days old. Tomorrow my Feminized Blue Mystic will be introduced to the new space, on the right side of the grow box sometime tomorrow.

if you have any other questions be free to ask

3. I like it, i have wanted to do a small stealth grow inside a hollowed out piece of furniture for a long time.

But i am kind of concerned about your overall vertical space. As the plant grows you might want to look into a lower profile fixture for your main bulb.

4. My plants are pure Indicas so their nature is to be short and bushy naturally and the grow space is 25 inches tall and 28 1/2 wide. AND! most importantly but sadly left out when describing everything earlier is that I LST so the plant should be fine in this space.

5. gotcha :bongin: hopefully you will do an update soon, i want to see your progress with this setup

6. oh I will for sure, im excited about these 2 strains

and Hellz yes Audi haha I have one myself:D

7. Right on man, the one in the picture isn't my actual car for obvious reasons but mine is almost exactly the same..... it kicks ass.

One more thing i wanted to mention, scoot that fan into the corner and get the plant centered under that big light! probably won't make a difference though but it would bug the crap out of me personally
    :smoke:

8. no no no my friend
    plan to put my Blue mystic in there today on the right side

so theres 2 lights to the left for the aurora
    and then in the middle there will be 3 lights which will both shine on the left and right sides giving light to both plants then on the far right that big fan will be taken out and a small fan will be put in at about the same place on the right side as the 4 inch fan on the left and a 3rd section of lights will be on the far right which will shine on the blue mystic

9. does anyone have any further suggestions ?
    want the best box i can make so i dont have to make another one for awhile

10. Looks good man, i kind of wish i would've just went with a dresser or piece of furniture instead of a PC case due to the fact that theres more room. But it looks good man :hello:

11. loving how stealth that shit is!:D

12. thanks you guys
    worked hard on it and it seriously is almost perfect
    just have a light glow coming from the bottom of the dresser haha but you can only notice it when the lights in the room are off

other then that you can't notice a thing

13. opps i was going to put a new photo up of my plant because shes growing like crazy

its day 13 and she grew another 1 1/2 taller and wider

I'm only using my soil mix and water with a few drops of super thrive in it
    but one more thing you might not know is that I'm using electrical stimulation to boost my plant growth as well. Had my doubts but the results are promising so far

ill try to get that photo up later today

14. awesome.

excited to follow this grow.

15. #15 Crizl, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
    heres the new photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. lookin good man i'd like to have somethin like that. is it easy to keep temps under control? how much did the setup cost you?

17. Temps used to stay around 75 but now its around 78-82 which still isnt bad
    total cost was just a smig bit over 100$
    but if you dont already have some of the stuff id say still no more then 2

18. Having problems with my grow
    its getting a bit hot now in there lately
    used to be around 74-76 degrees and now im seeing around 82-88
    still not over 90 so not horrible but still not where i want it
    any suggestions would help

ive been hoping to get new photos up soon but havent had the chance in a little

i believe shes about 31 days old now
    and shes 12-13 inches tall and really bushy
    I think it might be about time to flower as im told that this is a very very short breed but I'm not completely sure.
    that and im in the transition of moving
    so i cant flower for another 2 weeks
    but yea if anyones grown this breed before suggestions would be nice
    cause i really dont know what height im looking for in order to know when its near its max in veg.

19. I would love to share some pics with you if you have some as well.. I have 6 girlies, one of which is Nirvanas Aurora Indica which I assume is the same Aurora you have going..

20. hi, and good grow.

can you explain about the electro stimo you got going. I know I read the othr thread, but mainly interested in the voltage its gtting, how far from plant, have you seen any burning, and the amps its givin your lovely plants. 12 in in 30 days is pretty damn good