My First Ever Grow - PC Chamber - Already into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jo3cool, Jun 1, 2009.

1. #1 jo3cool, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
    Here are some pics of my first ever grow. I am using a just under 100 watts CFL. Both plants were started from bag seed. The smaller plant is about 3 weeks old. The larger plant is about 9 weeks old, it spent the first two and a half weeks in a window before I built the grow chamber.

They are at 10 days of flowering on 12/12. The rest of their lives in the chamber have been 24/0. I am not really sure how big the chamber is but I have quickly run into space issues and have had to tie down my plant.I originally intended at trying my hand at LST but I gave up because it seemed to just be growing to slow. Once I switched to 12/12 the older plant really took off and I have begun bending and tying it down to try and keep it from growing into the lights.

[​IMG]

This is after my most recent tie down, it has grown into the lights and burned itself a couple times. The inside of my chamber is lined with a winshield reflector. Two fans, the lower is the intake, upper is exhaust.

[​IMG]

The burned leaf is from growing into the lights just a couple days ago.

[​IMG]

Some beautiful flowering!

[​IMG]

This one is about 3 weeks old.

[​IMG]

Some more nice flowering. I don't know how I got lucky enough to score a female on my first ever seed I planted.

[​IMG]

This pic is my favorite

[​IMG]

What do you think of my first grow?:D

2. day 11 on 12/12
    [​IMG]

3. awesome pictures.

looks like you're using daylight bulbs, you need to switch to softwhite (2700k) for your 12/12 timing.

4. Ya the outer ones are daylight, the middle one is softwhite.

Do you think I need more than one 2700k bulb?

5. #5 noah1115, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
    Yes, you definately need to get more 2700k in there. It should be 2 soft white and one 6500k bulb. Basically opposite of what you've got now.:D

Some would even say they should all be 2700k. But, mixed spectrum seems to make sense to me, I'd stick with the 2:1 ratio you've got going, just with the 2700K being the 2 bulbs.

Good luck with your grow.

6. On day 12 of flowering I have added one more 2700k bulb to the top. I took the extra daylight one and moved it to the side. Do I have adequate lighting for flowering now?

I have only 46 days remaining until I am leaving the country for a couple months, is that enough time to finish flowering and cure my bud?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is one of the lower buds.

[​IMG]

7. some of those leaves are looking pretty yellow, i would try and move the plant further from the light...

i see your situation is a bit tough..you can try to elevate the entire case itself and just leave the plant stationary

just my 2 cents! nice grow bro

8. I let the little one completly dry out once for a few days thats probably why it looks a bit yellow. The larger one is good and green besides where it grew into the light, maybe its just the way the light is hitting the leaves in one of the pics.

9. yeh mate big respect for doing this, your first grow looks great. You are right on the path man, once you harvest you'll be back looking for ways to achieve the bigger and better yields, for now, awesome start.

10. Day 21 of flowering.

Been watering ever other day. I have been giving it a weak mix of some miracle grow bloom booster fertilizer. I rotate it in the chamber 180 every couple days to get as even of light as possible to everywhere. Lastly I have trimmed some leaves off to get more light to some of the buds.

[​IMG]
    Some of these leaves are looking a little dry - I didn't water yet today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D:D:D:D

O ya almost forgot. I threw out the smaller plant just a few days ago because it turned out to be male...

11. Wow, lookin' great for your first grow. I'm just passing day 26 of my grow. 3 weeks and 4-5 days. I'll hope to post some pictures soon, check um out. But your grow is lookin' great man!!:hello:

12. lookin good

13. awesome and nice luck on the female. looks dankkkk. hope my first grow is as good as yours.

14. 11 Weeks old - Day 23 of Flowering:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. damn man that plant seems far along compaired to mine thats been on 12/12 for a month now, deff nice, try and fit a 42 watter or 2 would be best. 2600lumens each

16. I have one of those 42w bulbs but it just puts out way too much heat for my small space to be able to use it...

17. Just realized I never took a pic of the outside of my PC chamber....
    [​IMG]

18. Very inspiring, great job :D

19. Day 28 on 12/12

I'm guessing the yellowing leaves are a result of it feeding off itself...?

Ive been feeding it a mix of its usual nutes along with some Brer Rabbit unsulfered molasses for about three or four waterings. The only thing I've really noticed so far is the buds have more odor than they used to, they smell sort of sweet now.

Anyone have any opinions on how long untill this stuff should be harvested? I need to harvest, dry, and smoke it all up by July 18 because I am leaving the country for a couple months. I'll smoke it all up on the 17th if I have to, I'm just not really sure on a timeline for this thing yet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. i think thats looking pretty darn good there