Great Instruments, Great Prices

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tdb63, Feb 18, 2009.

1. #1 tdb63, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    Hey everyone. I thought I would pass along some of the instruments I use for my indoor hydroponic grow. The 3 things I use the most that I got great deals on are my TDS meter, PH meter and a mini microscope. (See Ozone Generator a few posts down)

TDS Meter:

TDS Meter $15.95: http://cgi.ebay.com/HM-Digital-TDS-3-Meter-PPM-Hydroponic-Water-Tester_W0QQitemZ350167486917QQcmdZViewItemQQptZHydroponics_Seed_Starting?hash=item350167486917&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
    Features:
    • Hold function allows you to keep the data on the screen you want to record.
    • Factory calibrated in a 342ppm NaCl solution. Meters can be re-calibrated with a small screwdriver if users wish.
    • Digital Thermometer is built in.
    • Batteries INCLUDED AND INSTALLED.
    • Auto Turn Off Function turns off after 10 minutes of no use.
    • Advanced Microprocessor Technology makes for an amazingly accurate device.
    • Great for professional or personal use.
    Specifications:
    • TDS Range: 0 ~ 9990ppm (mg/L)
    • Temp. Range: 0 - 80 degrees Celsius
    • Resolution: 1 ppm, 1 degree Celsius (also available in 10 ppm)
    • Accuracy: +/- 2%
    • ATC: Built-in sensor for Automatic Temperature Compensation of 1 to 50 degrees Celsius (33 to 122 degrees Farenheit)
    • Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
    • Battery life: over 1,000 hours of continuous use
    • Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.1 x 2.3cm (6.1 x 1.25 x 1 inches)
    • Calibration: Factory calibrated.
    • Weight with case: 76.5g (2.7 oz)
    Package Contents:
    • Brand New MH Digital TDS Meter
    • Carrying Case
    • Product Manual
    • Installed Batteries
    PH Meter:
    Ph meter $24.99: http://cgi.ebay.com/pH-Meter-Digita...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Testing pH level has never been to so easy! You are bidding on a brand new professional-grade pH meter with LCD display. It is design for aquariums, swimming pools, fish hatcheries, laboratories, paper industry, food processing, and etc. With a built-in automatic temperature compensation system (ATC), this pH meter is accurate and very easy to use.
    Features
      • Built-in ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation)
      • Compact, light weight and mobile
      • Super accurate for measuring
        - Aquarium
        - Swimming Pool & Spa
        - Laboratory & Hospital
        - Winery & Nutrient
        - Hydroponics
        - All Water Applications
      • Easy to use
        - Turn on the unit, dip, stir and read - that's it!
      • User's manual included
    Specifications
      • Measuring range: 0.00 to 14.00 pH
      • Accuracy : ±0.1 pH (at 20 C)
      • Calibration: manual, 1 point
      • Environment: RH 95% max; 32- 122F (0- 50 C)
      • Batteries: 3x1.5V alkaline
      • Dimensions: 5.9"x1.2"x0.8" (152mmx30mmx31mm)
    Mini Microscope:
    MiniMicroscope $9.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/60x-100x-Lighted-Mini-Microscope-XUK1-7545_W0QQitemZ110296759930QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11704QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262
    A precision illuminated microscope with adjustable 60x-100x magnification. Can be used with the stand like a large microscope, or without it. Focus can be adjusted by turning the wheel. Countless uses for hobbyists, collectors, electronic engineers , scientists, and students. It is about 6 1/2 inches in height. Includes 2 AA Panasonic batteries.
    This is fantastic for looking at the thrichs. You get a great upclose look. I can see through some of the clear ones!!

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for sharing......I see a lot of newbs on here that want to get the liquid drops ph tester, not realizing that with a little research they can get set up with decent meters inexpensively.

3. actually yes thank you. Ima need a ph meter in the not too distant future, but I'm inherently cheap so this is great!

4. +rep i been in the market for these 3 things and have been holding off cause i couldnt find any good prices, aint nothing better than a fellow GC brohan to come thru and provide links to buy it!, by the way i did purchase all three things because of your post so def + rep for u my friend, thanks for looking out for a brother!

Bp:cool:

5. Thanks for the tip on the mini microscope. Mine uses 3 hearing aid batteries that are more expensive than the scope. I saw some amazing digital scopes at a school conference that are connected to your computer. Amazing pictures in color and about 5x to 1000x resolution. Hundreds of dollars. I'll spend $15.
    Greenfrog

6. #6 tdb63, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Here are some pics from the above mentioned microscope at 80x. Keep in mind that I had a little digital camera I was holding over the top of the microscope after my 4th cup of coffee. However I think you will be amazed at the quality for the price.

Oh, this piece your looking at is from one of my PPP's at 21 days flowering.

Heres the manuf. link..even better pricing and more options.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/miva/merchant.mvc?

Attached Files:

7. If I'm using this TDS meter as shown in this thread, what conversion is it setup for? Is it setup for x500 or x700?

8. Attached Files:

9. Excuse me? What the hell does a TDS meter have to do with smell advice.

Do you think I am a TDS meter expert, NO. I just passed along some good deals Dude. Why dont you ask the manufacturer since I provided all the info. I dont have a clue about x500 or x700 conversion. Did you read something about conversion in the above description?

10. Sorry about that previous reply, someone else was using my computer earlier.

11. thanks for the info man, just bought the SCOPE... 10$ on their site, i dont even think i can be mad if im not satisfied:D....but judging by the looks of your pics, the thing gets the job done just as well as any other 50$ scope thanks alot buddy +rep for you:wave::hello:

12. I have the RadioShack version of a microscope:

[​IMG]

...but your linked one is much cooler! It even has a slide holder! Sweet!

Thanks for this post dude, I might just take advantage of some of this. I need a pH and TDS meter, but was afraid to buy for not knowing what was good.

Solid post man.

13. I just bought and received the same model. It's noisier than I expected. I might place it in my attic rather than in my room currently tubing the o3 downstream of my inline carbon scrubber.

It's a nice addition to my setup. Let's hope it lasts a few years. If it does, I will have gotten my money's worth out of it.

14. have you ever considered using the ozone generator for the water that your plants use, i read it makes a big difference

15. #16 Stoneypoo, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    didnt the mini cool cab come with all 3 of those items?........sry the ozone was in the cab itself you needed it for the smell when your drying right?

16. Thanks for this info. It's exactly what i'm looking for.