homebox seconds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by godsherb420, Feb 3, 2009.

1. hi everyone. i did a search and didn't really find any good info, so i decided to go ahead and post... i need to save as much money as possible right now and was wondering if the homebox seconds grow tents are okay to use? it says the sides aren't as reflective, but you can always attach mylar to the sides, right?

here's a link: http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=GRHBS03&eq=&Tp=

would i be okay buying this? trying to order with in a few days.

2. Hey dude, this is one I was thinking of getting. I've never seen them this cheap though, pretty cool. What exhaust/intake fan would be good for the XL? I need a little help on that aspect on purchasing but as far as everything else, I'm good to go. Check out my forum below.

3. |B|U|M|P|
    |u|p| y|o|
    |m| | |s|
    |p| | |t|

anyone
    ?​

4. I'm curious - what's the attraction to a grow tent?

Is there not an available closet? I would think one of these sitting in a room would be about as stealthy as just hanging the light in there - so it can't be stealth.

Why would ya want to pay 130.00USD + shipping for just a box?

5. Who said anything about stealth? ;P

I just need something that can be locked up and doesn't require too much work to set up. I can buy a luggage lock for the zipper of the grow tent, and they take less than an hour to set up, so I think it's pretty good logic. :) Would the Home Box Second's inside really effect the plants growth at all? I mean would the non reflection of the light from the sides effect the plant?

6. Nah - not anymore than someone growing in a closet without mylar'd walls. Reflectivity is one of those things we do to try and use up every ounce of light we can.... it's not required for a good grow.

I wouldnt even bother with mylar - just slap up some panda paper in there and be done with it. Mylar is just such a pain in the ass to try and work with.

I hear ya about the setup time - an hour compared to modifying a closet seems like a blessing.... but I guess I still wonder - how many times would ya actually break it down and have to set it back up again? Like wouldnt ya set it up and never break it down? Unless the obvious moving or raid happens....

I started out using a growbox years ago - and after a while I just realized I could see no benefits, overall, to using one. Made me wonder what attracted you to this one....

7. Cool, I think I'm going to order that tonight then.

I am planning on adding in a closet to be like the designated grow space but I want to start seriously growing like immediately, and I can't spend a bunch of time building a closet or grow box. I just need a place to grow right now, and a grow tent seems like the best way because it can be easily locked, set up without using any tools and without taking too much time, and I don't have to plan anything, I can just buy it and set everything up.

Thanks. :)

8. High ya'll. I use a grow tent for flowering just because my DIY skills are awful. The first setup I did myself for a death trap to my plants and not light proof at all. Im sure other people can do a much better job than a grow tent but the day my huge carbon filter almost fell on my plants made me buy a tent. Also light from my vegging area does not enter the tent while my gilrs are sleeping so it is a must for me.

I used to line my tent with mylar but soon got fed up with it!

Take a look at the links under my signature to see my flowering tent. It has fresh air in, exhaust out through a carbon filter, 600w HPS, extra fans and C02 setup! You can do a lot with a tent if you need to.

Good luck

9. that looks like a pretty sweet deal

like you said just throw up some mylar if its that dull/gray

10. I can see plenty of uses for a tent, having a separate space for Veg and Flower that could be sitting in the same closet sounds tight... I would also like to experiment with CO2 one day as well... I however LOVE building stuff but I can understand the appeal...