Organic Soil Mixture?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FunkyTrainRider, Jan 17, 2008.

1. I'm about to begin an personal indoor CFL grow. I have everything setup to begin, although the only area of knowledge I lack is a good soil mix. I want to do everything organic, including ferts. I'm curious to know what the best combination of soil materials are to use if I go shopping at a Home Depot? For example: What basic soil? Cow manure/Bat guano? Worm castings? Perlite? etc... I plan on using 3 gallon buckets to grow in. Any advice would be awesome!

2. I use the red bag at home depot of pro-mix and just cut it with coarse perlite(never use the shit from the store unless they carry coarse), earthworm castings, and powdered lime. I use the following ratios:
    6 parts pro-mix
    3 parts perlite
    2 parts EWC
    1 tbsp of lime

I usually mix up my whole batch to this ratio and then when I have innoculated with a tea and turned it a couple times I usually add a 2 to 3 inch layer of perlite over the mix and then turn it all in until it is easily distributed and I may add more if the mix doesn't look or feel right to me so it is somewhat done by eye until I feel it is good. But use that basic mix and any line of good organic nutes and you should be good to go. Don't forget to aerate your mixes before watering, cause a properly brewed trea does wonders for plants and soil biology. Hope that helps. :) Peace and Pot!!!!

3. Here is a list of what I use to build my soil and the nutrients I use to make Organic tea. But this recipe is formulated for a large grow so you can reduce all ingredients by half for a smaller batch or just store the rest for later.

SOIL: 2 bags Organic compost
    1 bag peat moss
    1/2 bag perlite
    1/2 bag vermiculite
    1 bag pumice dust
    6 cups bat guano
    6 cups worm castings
    4 cups bone meal
    2 cups lime

NUTRIENTS: Fish emulsion 5-1-1
    Bat guano 0-5-0
    Maxi-crop liquified seaweed
    Molasses
    Epsom salt

4. How do you mix those Nutes together to add to the soil?

5. The Nutrents are added together with water and brewed to make Organic Tea. Here is the recipe :

5 gallons purified water
    1/2 cup Fish emulsion
    1 cup Bat guano
    1 cup liquid seaweed
    6 table spoons Molasses

Mix all of these ingredients together and aerate with a fish pump and air-stone allow to brew for 24 hours at least, 48- 72 hours for a stronger tea. Shake well before feeding.

This tea can be used for any period of plant growth. However do overfeed, when using a Nutrient rich soil, water with plain water for the first 3-4 weeks before using this tea. But if you have a weak soil low in nutrition then this tea is great for every feeding, for best results flush with plain water every 4 weeks.

6. Alright man awesome! Thank you

7. Nice post just what i was looking for. How did everything turn out last time?