Trich question - type of high

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dizzim, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Hello,
    A friends plants have been flowering for 8 weeks - soil, cfl (250actual watts), bagseed(appears to be Sativa dominant).

The trichs are 50%clear and 50%cloudy - the high from a sample was excellent. He really wants to keep the clearheaded Sativa high but wants to maximize yield.

Would it be best to wait until all the trichs are cloudy...maybe a couple ambers? Or should he harvest now? Yield isnt as important as the high, but if waiting for the rest of the trichs to go cloudy wont change the high noticably, he doesnt mind waiting to improve yield.

What do you think??

Dizz

2. I say wait.......should improve both.........

3. waiting for most cloudy will give the highest thc % and still a clearheaded high. Waiting until 10% are amber will increase yield and wont affect the high that much, if at all

4. well honestly if you like the high then cut and hang her man she wont get that much bigger from now. when you leave the trichomes clear and cloudy it give you more of a head high and when they get amber it gives you more of a body high.i hope that help you .

5. Nice pic, Busted

6. You can also harvest in phases. Pick some early and keep watching the rest.

7. I'd go with what Wang said, if he doesn't mind. Personally though, I would wait.
    (BTW, good to see some old faces still hanging around here)

And very nice pics there Busted!

8. Thanks for the responses everyone - anyone have a guess on how long it will take till he sees the first amber one??