CO2 has totaly turned my plants around

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sabre61fan, Aug 21, 2006.

1. :smoking: I made 2 Co2 bottles out of coke bottles, sugar water, and yeast. After two days I have already seen a big change in my girls. They are looking greener and the buds are Finlay getting bigger on my tallest plant. The two smaller plants buds are getting much denser. I can't believe how much it has helped.

The thread that I read said 1 bottle would be all I need for my grow space but I put to in there anyways. Should I leave both of them in there or should I take one out in a week when I have to refill them? Can having to much Co2 be bad?

2. no too much co2 isnt bad 2 bottles definitely wont be too much...

3. Sounds interesting, I might look into doing that with my current plants.

4. Co2 is isnt bad huh wrong thing to say im a fill a whole 2 Liter no 2 and change them every week

5. i dont understand what u said but it kinda seemed like a smart remark the way i read it... and 2 bottles wont produce nearly enough co2 to hurt anything... now the co2 release systems with canisters can be too much and dangerous probably because they can lower oxygen a lot in a small space

6. i may be wrong but you can "feed" them by giving them co2 with no light ventalation for 2 days and then give them lots of ventalation right after. just something i heart before.

7. i heard you only want your co2 working at night because the leaves dont breath it in when the lights are on? or its the other way around i forget :smoking:

8. so how do you make it? you say with sugar water and yeast?

9. how to: details

10. 1) Poke a really small hole (the smaller the better) into the bottle cap

2) Pour in a couple cups of water, enough to put like 3 to 4 inches of water on the bottom of the 2 litre bottle.

3) Pour a cup of sugar into said water

4) Mix a tablespoon of yeast into a small amount of hot water until all the yeast is thouroughly blended.

5) Pour said yeast into said sugar water the screw on cap and place the bottle near the plants our behind a fan that is blowing on the plants.

6) Bubbles will be your best sign it's working, either that or put your finger over the hole in the cap for a few seconds then release it and you should hear "pssshhh".

Hope this works for ya'll

11. fuckin sweet, guna do it tomorro

12. co2 during light period - it does nothing if used during dark periods ;)
    Turn ur fans off while using co2 so u don't blow it all away.
    (or if it's constant release like the yeast method, use a fan timer to turn them on / off every 15 mins or so.
    Don't forget co2 is heavier than air, so position ur bottles high up in ur cab if possible - let it rain down onto the plants.

13. another good way of giving your plants co2, would be sparkling water in a spray gun, spray ya plants a little each day, that'd do similar effects.

14. Yes alot of people feel the plant can grow to its fullest potential without some sort of outside air coming in or suplimentary Co2. There is a HUGE! and i mean HUGE difference in the health of the plant and its growth rate when fresh Co2 is introduced into the grow area.

2 bottles cannot harm anything, my first grow i had a large garbage bin doing it, and thats was a 10'x15' room.

this go around i totaly redid the room and now have my air intake running 1/2 hour on and 1/2 hour off, and since the co2 is all natural from outside air i dont have to worry about turning on / off my exhaust supply air.

15. what about if I filled a whole 5 gallon container with this C02 you speak of and cut a whole on top of the bucket to attach my ducting then hooked the ducting to my pasive intake fan would that work and how many times would I have to add more C02

16. This is the mix that I used. I got it from infiniteawesome, he posted it on another thread.

I just make the following mix and put as many bottles in my chamber as I can, works pretty well, the plants can survive high temps and you can actually smell the difference in the air when you open the chamber because the amount of co2 is pretty high:

Materials:

1 2 liter soda bottle with cap
    1 1/4 tsp measuring spoon
    1 Pyrex liquid measuring cup
    1 Dry measuring cup (1 cup size)
    1 Funnel
    Hot Tap Water
    Yeast
    Sugar

Procedure:

-Take off the cap of the 2 liter soda bottle and poke the smallest hole you can in the cap.

-Clean/sterilize the bottle with hot tap water and rinse out until clean on the inside. Do the same for the cap

-Fill Pyrex cup with 1 liquid cup of extremely hot tap water

-Measure out one dry cup of sugar and pour into pyrex cup

-Stir thoroughly until sugar is dissolved in water

-Pour mixture through funnel into 2 liter bottle

-Repeat mixture once more and pour into 2 liter bottle

-Measure out 1/4 tsp. of yeast and pour into 2 liter bottle

-Quickly cover bottle with cap

-Shake vigorously

-Remove cap and pour a small amount of sugar onto surface of mixture.

-Screw cap back onto bottle

That's it. Just put it behind your ventilation fan that is pointing toward your plants and let the co2 enriched mixture go. It should last 4-7 days I believe.

This works kind of like o2 for humans, the more the better. So if you can fit more into your space, then go for it, but after a certain point it will become pointless to put more in.

Remember to refrigerate your yeast after opening it as it dies readily at room temperature if it doesn't have something to feed on.

If all goes well the plants will survive temps as high as 98 to 120 I've heard and it's much better for the plants to be at those temps when the air is co2 enriched anyways. Though I wouldn't try to exceed 100 as I'm pretty sure you can heat stress the plants still even with co2 enriched air.

This is simply a good way at getting around those scary high temperatures during the summer without having to invest in an expensive cooling system which is basically how I'm using it, but y'know increased plant vigor is always a plus.

17. My only question is that it says use a really small hole and I want to know what is a small hole? My hole is about an 1/8". Is that small or does it need to be smaller?

18. I haven't done this so I could be wrong but, I think that is too large of a hole. CO2 is a gas so it can obviously come out of any sized hole with ease. The smaller the hole the longer it should last (I believe).

19. Is it safe to tape over the hole at night??? :confused:

20. i don't know but I can't see putting tape over the hole making it last all that much longer. Plus its really easy to make and refill.

What do you think is the right size hole