New Content shows nothing . . .

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Fizzly, Jul 10, 2013.

1. All morning, when I click "Show New Content," the results show "no new content."

Am I the only one getting this? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. We are investigating this

• Like Like x 2
  3. I just wanted to say I am having a very similar problem.

The only difference is I can see my old content but nothing at all from recent times.

Please keep us updated :)

• Like Like x 1
    Any news yet?

5. Can you please investigate to see if the issue is now resolved. We applied some changes recently

Still says no new content for me

Nothing yet, here's what it says: "Sorry, no new content found."

8. Is it just me and the few posters on this thread who are having this problem? Or are we the only ones who use this function? :confused:

It still doesn't work, and I used it umpteen times every day. And I also did with the old software too, only it was called "Find new posts" or something. WTF? Is this some big gigantic problem that cannot be fixed?

I just tried using "Search" for this function but it doesn't work unless you enter keywords, so you cannot tweak it around to just find new posts.

The "Activity Feed" is annoying to me, it's like trying to hit a moving target. If I see two posts I want to read, by the time I get to the second one it's maybe off the list.

9. Still have no new content as well.

10. #10 Superjoint, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    Working on it, is a nasty bug :mad:

SJ

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh I hear ya on that. I hate to go to click on a link on the activity feed, and then it moves down and you click on the link above it. Grrrrrr :mad:

Ok, thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it had been forgotten about. :(

LOL, yeah I'm not sure who really does use it. :confused:

13. Hmm, mine works now, somewhat, although I'm not quite sure why. :confused:

Here is what my page looks like. If I select "Content I have not read," the search works like it used to; note the threads listed on the right.

If I select any of the other options below "Content I have not read," then it doesn't work. I am not sure what I had it set at before (I think it was "New since my last visit") but I was clicking around out of frustration and it suddenly started working. It doesn't work like it should, but at least I have this now instead of "No new content found." :(

Would someone else check their settings and see if it works for you?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 BadKittySmiles, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    Still no new content for me, but I'm glad you've managed to get something worked out, Fizzly. :)

I tried that too, a few days earlier (and again just now), all the options still give me the "Sorry, no new content found" error. :blink:

It's weird how it was working fine for weeks, then one day, it just up and stopped... it seems the this new forum is providing very unique, different experiences for all the users, that has to be maddening from a tech and troubleshooting standpoint. It seems like member accounts may have been generated or created in slightly different ways over the years, that could explain it, and other member quirks, where some people have had blog and photo album transfer issues, and others haven't.

Anyhoo on topic, I'm thinking if they isolated the day it started happening, Gnik could just talk to the guys over at IPboards, and find out what they changed and 'upgraded' on their end, that broke it.

One other 'weirdness' I've noticed; is the full activity feed page that you can actually click and go to, supposed to move or add new content?

I'm just asking because for me, it's a stationary page, it still shows the same threads repeating a few times, just like the main page's mini activity feed. But even though it doesn't move, or load any new content.... it crashes my browser (and once my whole computer, when I tried opening the page again too soon!) if I linger on the page for too long. :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. .......

16. It's working again as it should, thanks to all! :D