How to change username?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by jerec576, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So when someone made this account, he may not have been thinking perfectly straight and used his default internet username... Which is uhhh .. I kind of dont want this popping up when "[username]" is googled..

So where do I go from here?

2. PM a mod. I'd go for RMJL.

3. This ^:rolleyes:

4. /end thread. ;)

5. Oh can anyone just change there username?

6. I doubt it.
    But the only way to find out is to talk to someone higher up.

7. Pu rehgih enoemos ot klat ot si tuo dnif ot yaw ylno eht tub.

Sirsog and milehighchick did it..

Guess its ony a mod privilege

8. [quote name='"KB Grower"']Pu rehgih enoemos ot klat ot si tuo dnif ot yaw ylno eht tub.

Sirsog and milehighchick did it..

Guess its ony a mod privilege[/quote]

No, I know.non-mod members have been.changed.

9. Actually, if you did a search on "name change" in here you'd find this question has been asked and answered a NUMBER of times already.

10. I picked an appropriate user name that describes me accurately back in '92 on the spur of the moment and have stuck with it for 20 years. Had to add some numbers on the end as modifiers over the years is all. Easy to remember that way.

Just pick a good one and stick with it is the best advice, I guess.

11. Ah Wow.. Its Awesome Post.. I really Like It :) Now I Will Change Mine Username Easily ;) Thanks for sharing it ;)

12. No you won't :p

13. It must be done by admins in vBulletin, but yeah as WildWill mentioned I've seen this thread quite a bit...

But if you do get lucky enough to have it changed I wouldn't make it a habit haha.

14. this is like deleting accounts to me....something that could also be sold for 10 bucks a pop...

gc!...y u no monetize your setup?!

15. I hear ya since, most forums I frequent actually require you to pay them $20 to change their username.

16. i didnt know they did, thats cool you mention it leesh....there you go....and i came in on the conservative side with 10.....:smoke:

17. Buuut those sites also are capable of letting you delete your own account so it's the only thing you can really bother the admins(or who ever) with when it comes to account names. So it's either you pay them to do the work, or you do the work yourself.

18. i see what youre saying and that probably comes down to managerial preferences...if it were me, id sell both account deletion and username changes as a service without allowing users to do it themselves because, at the end of the day, gc is first and foremost a business....

19. Pun not intended? :cool:

20. It's not an option with vB as of now for users to do these things themselves. Sorry. Although the 'pay me' thing is sounding pretty good based on the amount of requests in my inbox's now. ;)

I will change user names as long as it is something similar to what you have or something that everyone already calls you...that way people know who you are.

Account deletions...those can be done upon request as well.

However, these are not top priority things so you will not receive an immediate answer back as of right now.

We are hoping to have a 'ticket' system of sorts in place soon for the account deletion requests (along with activation email requests for new members) because my email and PM boxes are being overloaded and I have moderating things to answer first for members and they are all getting buried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.