like/rep system

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Hashsnob, Jul 17, 2011.

1. basically you like something someone says you +rep them, but now theres likes and +rep.. obviously the 2 should be incorporated into 1 thing, you like it, you rep them. its silly having 2

2. Rep = actually helpful, insightful, ect..

Like = Just goes along with my personal opinion, funny, shit like that.

That's how I use them anyway. And while on the subject of rep, can anybody tell me if the only way to gain neg rep ability now is to be a mod/payed member? Is there no other way to gain the ability now?

3. ^I agree, that's how I use the like/rep system. But I didn't know there was still an ability to -rep, you say that paid members can do it?

4. They are two different things as others have noted above. It's silly to think combining them is a good idea.

5. Mods and VIP members are the only ones with neg rep...paid membership does not automatically give you neg rep capability...

6. I dont think you pay to neg rep have to be selected

EDIT: IF beat me to it

7. Do you think people should worry about rep this year?

8. Why? I wish it would go away but I doubt it will.

9. to much neg rep power with such large rep, i have 99% positive, only 1 neg rep ever, way back, from oldschoolgrower, and because he has so much green box thingys his 1 neg rep almost took me into the negatives and undid like 30 +reps haha..

10. For what reasons.

Also, Do you think You should be a mod?

11. #11 TrueNirvana, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's hilarious. What did you say?

12. haha i dunno i think i was just being a prick that day, bad mood. rippin on someone

13. thanx for the +rep osg:) see how much power he commands with that crazy rep amount? one + rep added an entire green box instantly.. lol

14. You have been healed, my son. *church music and monks chanting in the background*

15. Glory glory!!!! Haleluuuuuujaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

16. #16 Mogwai, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    In my opinion rep and like are strangely similar as things are. It would seem that allowing people to neg would make things more distinct. Currently, the average user can only add to both.. If we could neg, it would obviously be different because you can't take "likes" away from somebody.. So it would in return be a more accurate (albeit not completely) depiction of your standing in the community, which is what it's intended to be, isn't it?

I seriously scratch my head over why GC doesn't let the average member neg. I used to think paid members could do it, so it was just a ploy to get some people to offer up cash to the city for the ability.. But since I was wrong and that's not how it works, I'm even MORE confused =S

edit-
    say, would somebody be willing to check how many rep points they currently have? Let me know and I'll +rep you and you tell me how many points it went up by. I will only do this for the first person who responds. Not trying to "give out" rep, but I do really wanna know my rep power so you'd be doing me a big favor. I don't wanna figure out exactly how it's calculated and crunch numbers

17. people probably abused it, neg repin people for just not agreeing or something dumb

18. OSG neg rep me back when I 1st joined took me forever to get out that hole! It was something dumb too lol

19. He drops devastating rep bombs, I'm pretty sure I deserved mine tho.

20. Bingo. People threw it around way too much. This is a much better system because the only users that can do it, are personally chosen by the admins and have shown they can be trusted with it