GC running slow?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by pianowski69, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Has GC been running slow for anyone else?

Or is it just my computer?

2. Gets really slow for me sometimes too...but then again my ISP sucks...

Helps if I clear my cookies...

3. It's not just sometimes for me

It's every time I go on here.

It's been like this for me for the past few days.

4. Working perfectly for me atm...:confused_2:

What browser?

5. Firefox

But I tried it on IE and on google chrome and same thing

But now as I type this the blinking cursor thing that is supposed to be in front of every letter is gone.

I think my computer is fucked up.

6. I find Chrome runs faster for me than Firefox...although I have about 50 extensions installed in Firefox :rolleyes:

Do other websites run slow?

The only things I can think of to help would be....

-Clear your browser history

-Restart your computer

If you are still having problems...

-Download Malwarebytes and run a scan for spyware

-Download something like CCleaner and use it to help clean up your system...

I also see you posted in Silicon Alley...some smart computer people in there...they'll probably be able to get you going fast again...;)

7. Did everything.
    Still nothing.
    This is very frustrating considering this is still a relatively new computer.

I hope someone can help me in Silicone Valley.

Thanks for your help though.

8. Can anyone who is facing slowness issue please send me traceback response via PM. You can get traceback details within using the following steps :

1. Click the Start menu on your Desktop, then click "Run."

2. Type "command" in the box that appears, then click "OK."

3. Type "tracert forum.grasscity.com"

4. When the tracert is completed please right click and choose "Select All"

5. When all is selected please click Enter to copy the output

9. It is probably cloudimages.grasscity.com

For the past week it times out long before it loads the thread status graphics and other things. I'm using Tor and often proxies. It works somewhat better when I tested it directly, but if I use Tor or a proxy it doesn't, and even when I tested with a direct connection there was a large latency with regards to loading certain graphic icons.

10. I've been having some issues similar to you for the past week... Right now its fine, but if I'm on a while, it happens at somepoint.. Really long load times..

but like I said, its workin for me right now

11. Whatever the 'system maintenance' was today that took it down briefly, now it's just worse. Unfortunately GC is getting to be unusable for me. I won't surf here without TOR, and if I have TOR enabled now barely any of the graphics/icons load and the overall load times are just slower and slower.

For the record, I surf lots of places using TOR and have no real problems other than it being just slightly slower than if I do it without. No, I won't provide a traceroute because that's irrelevant as the problem is not network related and would also compromise my security.

It's unfortunate, but then again for other reasons I've been here less and less anyways. I'll check back and see if anything has improved, but I just can't sit here waiting several minutes for a page to load.

12. #12 TECK, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    Can you let us know what the page is trying to load, while waiting for it to open?
    Usually in Chrome you see it in the status bar, something like:
    Waiting for cloudimages.grasscity.com... or
    Waiting for stats.big-boards.com...

I experienced this slowness also, randomly. For a while the pages load instantly then all of the sudden while opening a thread or going to a specific forum/frontpage I get the message listed above. In my case, it waited for stats.big-boards.com to load for over 30 seconds.

Those are external factors, not related to server hardware or software. However, if you experience these issues, please notice what loads slow and let know ReformMaryJaneLaws or SJ or simply post a screenshot in this thread.

Attached Files:

13. It's definitely cloudimages for me. They load eventually if I try without using TOR, but the added latency of using the onion router causes the timeout. It's mostly noticeable in my User CP, but little things like some smileys and the red (not green, oddly) rep bars also time out and do not show.

This is pretty much what I get every time I load my CP. Overall surfing the site is also still far slower than it's ever been. Normally TOR doesn't slow me down much, and it's working fine still for other operations. Makes me scratch my head a little because there's no clear indicator of what's causing the problem.

The Manage Attachments window just now took several tries to get it to even load. Never had that problem before either.

Attached Files: