Why arent my threads im posting showing up?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Smokentoke420, May 24, 2010.

1. This doesn't make any sense. Is it just me?

2. #2 Agalloch, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    Either you're posting in a forum that requires thread approval, or you're experiencing the notorious thread goblin that eats your post before it can be posted so that all you're left with afterwards is a white screen.

If it's the latter, try shortening the post content for the initial post so that the goblin isn't interested, then edit the thread and paste the contents.

If it's neither of those, then I have no idea. :confused_2:

3. I'm having this problem too. All i get is a long wait for a white screen... Tried posting with almost no content in the first post, and no luck.

Am using latest Chrome on WinXP.

4. Did you guys try the little trick I came up with?

Making your title a "." and then writing out your post and then if and when it does post, go back and click edit and change your title to whatever it was suppose to be in the first place. The times I've had trouble posting threads I have done this and it works. The server may also be timing out or whatever but that usually happens at 1am EST and if that's the case then just wait it out until all the pages start loading normally.

5. general forum. thread aproval? what do you mean?

6. Yeah...PB has to have the threads moderated before they post.

But you are getting, what Agalloch calls the thread gremlin/goblin...whatever it was. I know it's a glitch for sure. If you're getting white paged, then you're getting the glitch. Try Royskopp's trick and see if it works.

SJ is working on the update, upgrade and other stuff to fix these glitches THAT ARE DRIVING SOME OF US NUTS!!!! :p

7. Yup yup.

Definitely try the Royksopp-method. :p

Also don't bother trying to paste anything, because that just irritates the goblin.
    If you have to, just post the title as a period like Royksopp said, and then even put something super short in the body. Like "testing" or "please hold while your thread is being connected" ;)
    If that posts, you can always edit it and then paste/type your original title and body. :smoking:

8. Thanks, this thread was quite helpful.

Happy Tokin

-Stain-