Chickens 2012 multi strain tobaccoo/ vegtable garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by chicken, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I WILL MAINLY BE GROWIN TOBACCOO, WITH SOME VEGETABLES FOR THE WOMAN,,,,

HERES A LIST OF THE BACCY STRAINS I WILL BE GROWING AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF EACH.

///
    ..LIZARD TAIL '' TURTLE FOOT''> DARK TOBACCOO . HEAVY LEAF WEIGHT. A FIRE CURED BACCY, MED SIZED LEAVES,

..DARK VIRGINIA.> dark burley, flue cure, strong cigg, baccy

..WHITE STOCK BURLEY> good mixing burley

..MONTE CALME> 6 FT. TALL PLANT BURLEY TYPE BACCY, good producer,

ERGO>> mild burley, a decent mix light burley,,,a must have for ciggs.

...TN 90 LK BURLEY> real strong burley, good for mixing, cigg. and pipe uses,a tennessee burley.

...BURSA> mild baccy,, good blending,,oriental baccy,,best blended with burleyand flue cured baccy,a must have,

....YELLOW TWIST BUD> 5' tall plant,mild baccy, niced sized leaves,,good mixing baccy,

...OTTOMAN HY .> 10 ft. tall,, cross between a burley and a oriental, mix with burley,,and another variety for a classic american smoke,,more of a oriental plant,

..14l8 burley high yielder, 8 ft. tall, strong burley,
    ...SILK LEAF> dont know too much about this one, still researching,,,
    ..BIG -GEM> GREW THIS PLANT THIS YEAR A GOOD MILD BURLEY,, CLOSE TOO A ORIENTAL, A LIGHT LEAF,,,
    shariza> A TUKISH BACCY SMALL LEAVES,, I GREW THIS THIS YEAR A GOOD BACCY,

I TILLED IN A TON OF A SAWDUST/CHICKEN-MANURE MIXTURE....AND AM CURRENTLLY WORKING ON GETTING MESH DOWN FOR MY ROWS,

THE POOP>

>[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2012-01-14
    //
    / MY FRIEND WORKING THE TILLER,
    >[​IMG]
    /[​IMG]
    /
    I HAVE 2 AREAS I WILL BE PLANTING IN,, HERES ONE OF THEM.
    >[​IMG]
    >
    THE OTHER ONE.
    >[​IMG]

...IM IN THE PROCESS OF LAYING THE FELT FOR THE ROWS,,,me and my dog getting it done,
    >[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2012-01-15
    //[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2012-01-15

that whole pile of poop is in my garden
    ..[​IMG]

anyone intrested in growing thier own baccy should pay close attention to this grow, i will document it each step..from seed-to plant- to curing it,, kilning it,,processing it, and eventually smoking baccy i have no money invested in,

heres some pics of last years processed baccy,
    >[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2012-01-07
    and some of it curing,

..[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2011-10-15
    //[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2011-10-30
    //[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2011-09-14

soon i'll be starting the seeds,,,, let the grow begin,:hello:

2. i dont smoke baccy or support smoking it but i gotta say i have tons of respect for you and others who grow their own, i have absolutely no gripe that i want to give people that do, because the respect i have for them being willing to grow their own far outweighs my personal opinions on smoking the stuff
    so props and even though i dont smoke i look forward to following this thread man, good luck to ya chicken:)

3. #3 TexRx, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
    What a massive pile of poop that is! I could actually use several hundred pounds of manure!
    I'm an ex-smoker and I think it's cool that you're growing your own!

Enjoy your grow! I'll have a 2012 gardening thread starting in early spring! I'll be growing native wildflowers and flowering trees. I'll be fertilzing my lawn. And other stuff like that!

:)

4. Awesome, man. I'll be watching :cool:

5. nice work chicken,i still got a lil time before i have to till.....lookin good man:smoke:

6. this is dope.

7. bad ass

edit: beautiful dog too!

8. Chicken.

Were did you get your baccy seeds? And what would you say is the average time span from seed to harvest?

I live in NE so I have limited time.

9. i think its tobacco actually.....:D

10. Damn man, its like 28F here right now. I cant even think about outdoor stuff until at least May.

11. i oredered mine off a baccy seed website,,,,and i had a lot of mebers from a website im a memeber of send me a shitload of different varities,

''fair trade tobaccoo .com''

by becoming a member you can get free seeds from that site,,,,if you join,,, on the registration it will ask if you were refferred ;; put my name '' CHICKEN'',,

if youd like some seeds,,send me a p,m,

it takes about 6 months to picking,,,,seed to harvest,,,,id suggest you join that site... and look,,and ask questions there,,,

12. I've never regretted quitting tobacco so hard!

13. same here dude..:wave:

14. [quote name='"chicken"']

i oredered mine off a baccy seed website,,,,and i had a lot of mebers from a website im a memeber of send me a shitload of different varities,

''fair trade tobaccoo .com''

by becoming a member you can get free seeds from that site,,,,if you join,,, on the registration it will ask if you were refferred ;; put my name '' CHICKEN'',,

if youd like some seeds,,send me a p,m,

it takes about 6 months to picking,,,,seed to harvest,,,,id suggest you join that site... and look,,and ask questions there,,,[/quote]

Chicken

Thanks a lot man I will be Deff be intouch.

15. Awesome Chicken!! It's been like spring here all winter, and I'm chompin at the bit to start some outdoor gardening. It's looking good so far. At 1st, I thought I was looking at last year's thread LOL!! I'm gonna be poppin some new potatoes in the dirt in 2 weeks and I'm starting pepper and tomato seeds now.

16. how much space does it take to grow backy? If I were to only plant a few plants (2-3), what would my yeild be?

17. ...you can grow a plant in a 5 gallon bucket,,

as long as you leave about 3 feet circle between the buckets,,,,each plant depending on the strain produces different kinds and sizes of leaves,,,

one plant will produce about 20-40+ leaves,,again depending on the strain<

about 2 leafs will make a pack of smokes...

allthough the best smoke is a combination of 3 different strains,, you need a mild baccy for a filler { big-gem },, and a burley to give it a strong smoke { white stock burley,,tn90,,e.t.c. }

thats why i plant so many strains,, so i can mix many strains to make the perfect smoke,,,

allthough this years grow,, im gonna try to sell a lot of it,,,,last years grow i experimented with selling it, and made about 100 bucks. { allthough i really didnt sell a lot of it }maybe 6 pounds worth,

if you smoke,,, the price of ciggs is so high,,,,why wouldnt you plant and grow your own,,,

I.M.O. MY CIGGS ARE BETTER THAN ANY STORE BOUGHT CIGG,<:hello:

18. well hell yeah, i got tons of buckets. My garden space is very limited, but i have yard that can hold buckets.

I guess its time to start looking for seeds and what not.

I will be following your grow closely as I will not be able to start until late May or June.

19. just drill the drain holes in the bucket,, and line the bottom with '' railroad'' sized rocks for better drainage,,,,,fill with good soil,,and youll have sucess,,,

p.m. me with the type of smoke your looking for,, marlboro red,, camels,, lights,, or whatever,,,

and i'll send you some seeds,,,and save you about 20 bucks in ordering them,

i mean we are friends,, and friends help friends,:p:wave: