any WoW players?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ParanoidMartian, Jul 13, 2010.

1. I just started playing this week, wondering if there any WoW fans here on GC:smoke:

2. Me! I'm always playing WoW :D

3. Jeebus heebus dude, Ive played that motherhumping game for 3/4 years straight.
    When there was only the original WoW it was very cool. But now with TBC and WoTLK.. shit sucks. Cataclysm might have a chance but... I dunno.
    Im not sure I will play again tho, cause you can only really enjoy the whole game if u play it hardcore everyday. And I mean.. what will u have accomplished after so many years, pimpin out your pixel puppet?

4. #4 Yourcatdead, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    Been playing for a few years, haven't played in a little while. I play for about 2 months, then quit for about 3. My guild loves when I leave unnoticed for 3 months :D

5. i played for about 2 years. off and on, game is a fucking chore, nuff said, you need to be a hardcore mmo fan (which i am) to enjoy the game to the fullest at end game content.

it was only really "fun" for me exploring the world and leveling up the first 2 times, after that friends started quitting and i grew tired of it quickly, lich king def ruined the series tho, BC was great, vanilla wow was uhh... a fucking master piece. with all the simplifications being made, its being modeled twords lonely house wives and nerds who need their hands held.

6. Let's recap vanilla.

When 60 players were around the server would crash, maintenance could take days, raiding wasn't even fun. Had to get 40 players together which would be a bitch if your guild wasn't on. It was constantly laggy, every boss was glitched, sure the PvP was nice. But if you brought together people for World PvP the server would crash. Queue times to play the game would take days, I didn't like 3 day AVs. I didn't like getting 39 players together to most likely not down anything. You needed a guild for everything, unless it was planned the only world PvP was a 60 ganking your alt.

What was so great about Vanilla?

Nobody can ever give a real reason why WoTLK sucks. WoW isn't suppose to be some grueling game where you need to spend days on end to down a boss, if that's what you want WoW isn't like that. It wasn't like that in BC, can't say WoTLK is easy until you've downed LK 25 H on your first try.

7. BC was very fun. I miss it. WoTLK is just too easy.

8. 80 Human Rogue :p

but seriously, that game's like crack.. I played for at least 5 hours today, and that's a small amount for me.. Me and my boyfriend spend countless days getting high and playing WoW.. it's awesome.

I'm going to hit my bong and log in. I love it :bongin:

9. I played for a year, had a lvl 60 paladin, did a lot of 40 man raids. The game started ruining my real social life, so I sold my account. Then I heard they un-nerfed paladins in the first expansion :mad:

10. Just hit 80 on my lock a few hours ago. :p

11. Hell yeah! Blaze and wow it up!!!
    I got a couple of 80's on Blackrock Horde. If anyones there hit me up my main "Waytoodank"

PEacee

12. I agree with you completely.

None of the guilds downed 25 Man Heroic Lich king until the 5% buff came out, so I think that's plenty of evidence as to how WotLK isn't easy.

Sure everything is purple epic now, but you know who has the real epics (Ilvl 277) so its still obvious who has the good gear. People complained about purples not feeling "epic" so they are bringing that back in Cataclysm, but regardless it still doesn't make it easy.

Hell the server first Yogg+0 for my server wasn't until 3 Months ago :eek:

I'm looking forward to Cataclysm, and hoping it will be even better then WotLK.

13. WoTLK was fun, and it definitely wasn't easy, but I personally feel they reused way too much content, and that they overused vehicles (I like to play MY character.. there's skill to it.).
    I'm looking forward to Cataclysm, and I'm glad there going back and making old world areas interesting again.

14. For sure. Some servers haven't even downed ToGC 25

I agree with the vehicles. PvP is my thing, PvE comes secondly.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Manji @ Daggerspine - Profile
    ^
    my armory obv. Just got a fac change a month ago.

15. fuck work of warcraft, play a real game like battlefield

16. I play both and I guarantee I will own you at BC2, CSS, etc.

17. :D

I'm most proud of those names on WoW.

18. I play, but I'm mostly into it for the trade chat aspect.

19. these threads make me miss WoW so much :(

i started pre bc but didn't hit 60 till after. raided all the way through bt as a boomkin :laughing:

i would totally play again but i don't want to relevel to 80 :rolleyes: