L4D update!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by wackdeafboy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Valve has just issued a press release saying that a new game mode called "Survival" will be released this Spring along with Dead Air and Death Toll for Versus mode and the SDK.

The SDK is a software allows you to create maps for L4D. Its free!
    BUT.. microsoft, the greedy bastards. Wants to charge the DLC pack.. FUCKIN A!

OT:
    I really want play games on pc but I just can't due to my hands. Computer gaming kills my wrist/hands. That why I stick to the consoles.

2. Haha what the shit.
    I thought the reason they didn't include Dead Air or Death Toll in the Versus mode was because the maps are quite a bit longer and more challenging than the first two.

Especially the sewers level on Death Toll, that shit is going to be fucking impossible with 4 enemy infected.

Oh well, I'm happy, more reason to keep playing this kickass game.

3. Valve is charging money because of the extra man hours it takes to write the code for the 360 version, but that is beside the point, this DLC is going to rock. You forgot they made 2 new infected zombies, or at least that was I heard on valve board. Something like there are 2 new infected you play as in versus, a zombie dog a zombie dog and a screamer, that attracts zombies. Basically they are offshoots of the hunter and boomer that valve left out, because they were to much alike.

For the most part valve has had all of this content for a while, it just never got done by the time the game had to come out. They also just went on a big vacation so that is why there is a delay.

4. What up!

Anyone who is ever down to play L4D or CS add my steam ID I r Willis

5. #6 wackdeafboy, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009

Really, mmm. I gotta go back that site and look into it.

EDIT* those two infected were actually tested during devolpement. They weren't that great so valve removed it. Valve tested a lot of different kind of infected. They say that those 4 is the best so far.

Thats what I thought too! Its going be fucking sick! But please, no more n00bs in the game. Every verus game I played, they SUCK BALLS!
    I'll stick with my team but they rarely play L4D. :(

6. they left hints in the PC version that people found, I think I will post he story behind L4D soon. It's actually quite deep.

7. If anyone wants to play some versus add lukegasm.
    I need some actually skilled players on my team for once lol.

8. Right here! you got 360 right? I got one good player which is my best online buddy. LOL
    Tired of n00bs. They can't play shit for real.

9. Yeah 360.
    As long as the game doesn't lag I'm a very good player,
    especially since I know each of the 10 Versus levels completely.

I like finding all the best spots in the game.
    Such as there is a spot on the first mission of Blood Harvest, across the bridge, and up the cliffs that stretch around to the Survivors spawn, there is one area on the cliffs that as a smoker you can pull a Survivor near the picnic table with the usual Moltov to their death.

10. oh yeah. I don't really like blood harvest because there is no way you can win in that map. Many people keep putting the dumbster in the way so you can't get out. pissin me off. My fav map is death troll.

11. Hm I've never actually had a problem with people blocking me on Blood Harvest, ever.
    Only on the elevator exit at Level 4 of No Mercy (The Hospital)

But there is a way to get past blocked exits (unless they are covering a manhole, then it is literally impossible) all you need is a propane tank or a boomer explosion and the blast should usually push the object out of the way enough to get by.

12. He probably meant no mercy, I only cheat when people cheat with against me first, except I do it better.

13. exactally!

14. When I first found out about the glitch I started doing it a lot thinking it was pretty sweet.
    Then I stopped when I realized it was making the games take a LOT longer and making them a lot more boring.

Now I have a Glitch-Proof-Plan everytime I play as Survivors on Hospital.
    On the floor with the activate-elevator-to-release-horde..
    There is always a helium canister somewhere in one of the rooms.
    I always track it down, take it over near the elevator, jump into the corner area between the table and the wall (Also known as the "Melee Corner") and just beat enemies in the head with it until the elevator comes down.

As soon as we reach the top, if there happens to be an annoying glitched generator blocking our way..
    Just got to throw the canister beside it, shoot it, and presto - smooth sailing.

15. L4D is fucking amazing, mad addictive. kinda hard to play as infected when im blazed though lol

16. see, That one thing I love about valve.

17. Wow people are starting to get a bit too creative with their 'blocking methods' for even me to get past..
    In Sewers, Level 3 of No Mercy tonight..the other team blocked the exit of the warehouse which leads to the sewer..with a forklift jammed into the door..
    There were no explosives around and we couldn't get enough people in beside it to move it.
    My team threw some pipe bombs at it but that was fairly pointless..

Eventually the other team just pushed it out of the way..after like 10 minutes of boredom.

Then we got through the sewer..started going up the ladder and they had pushed the dumpster into the manhole completely so one edge of it was jutting down into the ladder exit.

Couldn't hit it..and couldn't toss explosives up to it..

Don't know why they did that, we were all on red health with no health packs..they had 4 infected up there with a witch..it was probably a bit overkill to block us for that last part..

18. Every section in the game where you have to call in a horde, the best thing to do is just sit in a corner all together and just melee, you will never lose any health. Even on Expert campaigns.

19. It's such a sick game!

You can get the XBOX 360 controller for PC. It just comes with a USB adapter and the software. Hacked drivers are a must though. There is 0 adjustment for dead zones and such plus there is no rumble with the OEM drivers.