Keepin it' Real in the Kitchen.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by justineBTC, Apr 9, 2009.

1. #1 justineBTC, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    Here's a spot to post your favorite recipes... These recipes won't get ya high... They're for ideas on what to whip up once you already are...

I know how much I love to cook when I get supa baked (and how much I love to EEEEAT) so when I go grocery shopping I try to choose stuff that is dank, cheap, and reasonably easy to make. I know it's tempting to get shit that comes in a box or in just-add-water form (ahem* mac and cheese, top ramen...) but I try to shop on the outer edges of the grocery store only 'cause thats where you find the less processed foods. Produce, dairy, meat, fish, etc. I feel a lot better after cutting out any kind of fast food and getting over my mountain-dew addiction.

This is one of my favorite meals to make-- quick, simple, and really impressive so my boyfriend thinks I actually slaved away in the kitchen...

Use it on a date to get Emeril on that ass.

Ingredients:
    --Two fillets of a steak-fish like halibut, ahi tuna, or sole.
    (The best one to use is wild turbot, which they sell at Trader Joe's for like, 6 bucks)
    --Olive Oil
    --Juice of 2 lemons
    --Spoonful of butter (.........yum)
    --1 tomato (diced)
    --Salt, pepper, pinch of flour
    --Instant brown rice (also from Trader Joe's... or any kind of instant rice that goes well
    with fish-- spanish or fried frice. This is the kind that you just add water to and
    microwave.)

Preparation:
    --Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each side of each fillet.
    --Sprinkle some flour on each side of it to lightly coat.
    --Get a skillet hot and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil.

Cooking:
    --Put the fillets into the skillet w/ olive oil and cook for about 3 minutes on each side (5
    or 6 minutes on each if cooking from frozen instead of thawed.)
    --Remove fillets and set on plates.
    --Wipe oil out of skillet and add to that skillet the spoonful of butter, juice of 2
    lemons, and diced tomato.
    --Let the butter get brown and the tomatoes get kinda soft and then pour that mixture
    on top of the fish.
    --Serve with the rice, which I won't give you the recipe for because it's on the bag, dummy.

Cleanup:
    --One pan to clean!! Serve it on fancy paper plates to keep the ladies comin and avoid
    having to do the dishes (buzzzzkill).

2. Nice, simple dish... with a simple cleanup...

I'll lighten the load a little more by telling my fellow Blades that Birdseye makes a nice long-grain rice that you steam right in it's own bag... right in the microwave. Nice and easy!

3. awesome, thanks! there ya go people ^^

4. if you REALLY want to get emeril on that ass, same basic meal structure,
    but sear a cut of dank fish instead.

when done right (a relatively easy thing to do), it's beautiful!

5. With it warming up outside, I'd be grilling that baby.

Nice write-up; I love doing it Emeril-style when baked! :smoking:

6. Post your recipes, blades... I'm effing hungry!!

7. Many of you don't know, I am a pizza connisour (sp?) I make my own dough, and sauce. I have made thousands of homemade pizza's, and I would like to share a crust recipe with you.

Pizza Hut PAN Pizza Crust recipe. Source: pizzamaking.com (I used this as the base dough recipe, and added to it)

4 1/2 C. AP Flour (All Pourpose)
    1 1/3 C. Luke Warm water (Barely above room temp)
    1 package Active Dry Yeast , or 2 tsp (I use RedStar)
    1/4 C. Dry Milk Powder
    1 1/2 Tsp Iodized Salt
    2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil

Mix Water, Yeast, Sugar, and Salt in a glass bowl, using a whisk. Add in 1 1/2 cups of flour, making a thin soupy like mixture. Let sit, uncovered for 5 minutes, until slightly bubbly. Add in the Dry Milk Powder, and oil and mix thoroughly. Add the rest of the flour, and mix with a wooden spoon until a solid ball is formed. Add enough flour to make it un sticky.

Knead with hands until a soft ball is formed. Add another tablespoon or so of oil on top, and coat the ball completely. Cover with a damp towell, and let rise until it has doubled in size.

Coat a 9 inch cake pan with 3 tablespoons oil (I know, it's a lot). Take 1/3 of your dough, and press it into the pan. It should seem very oily. Put your pans in the refridgerator, covered with a wet towell for 1 hour.

Once taken out, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fareignheit (sp?) and let it preheat for at LEAST an hour, so the WHOLE oven is hot, this should give your crust enough time to proof in the pan, and rise again. Press the middle of the dough down after your dough has risen a little bit, around 1.5 times the size. So you have around half an inch around the edge for the crust.

Add your toppings, sauce first, cheese, meats, vegetables, and then a half handful of cheese on TOP of that, to make sure your toppings stay put, and gives the cheese a nice golden brown layer on top.

Bake for around 20 minutes, until it is golden brown around edges, and pepperoni is crisping up.

8. #8 illadelphin, Apr 25, 2009
    i got stoned yesterday and made some potatoes (my favorite food in the entire world)

1. 3 Average Sized Russet Potatoes
    2. Green,Red,Yellow Peppers
    3. White Onion
    Optional: Andouille Sausage or Bratwurst (I used both yesterday)
    Garlic
    Salt
    Coarse Ground Pepper
    Parsley Flakes
    Chilli Pepper
    PREFFERED: Light Virgin Olive Oil, but Canola or other oil works too

-Wash the taters, then slice them thinly (horizontally) like a potato chip.
    -Then cut of the peppers and onions (i quartered the onion, then sliced those 1/4's horizontally to get 'onion strips')

Get a good sized pan (I used a square grille pan, its nice :hello:), dump in the potatoes, peppers and onions. Let them sizzle for about 2-3 minutes. Then add enough oil to cover all the veggies and get a light base on the bottom of the pan. Stir/Rotate every couple minutes. Season with Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Parsley and Chilli Pepper. Stir more. I usually wait for the potatoes to fry and get nice and crispy (lke a potato chip)

I then put them into a casserole dish and topped with Gouda and White Cheddar cheese, let that melt. smoked some bowls and ATE THAT SHIT.

hope you guys like/understand that.

9. UM... illa-- that's effin' amazing. Sounds SO bomb.

10. #10 illadelphin, Apr 25, 2009
    yeah... my stoned ass couldnt handle it. i giggled with glee like a school girl it was so delicious...

:hide:

its really good with sausage and eggs, like a scramble/mix kind of.

i cut up the sausages into little 'bites' and mixed those around.

id assume id do the same with scrambled eggs. hell you could even just break an egg open on top of the veggies while theyre frying, and itll cook. you could pour the scrambled eggs on there too, i wonder how itd turn out?

for now ill just cook them seperate.

11. :smoking:

12. +rep, thank you!

13. #13 justineBTC, Apr 25, 2009
    see, i KNEW you had recipes on here... when i started this thread it was after i searched for evvvvver to find that original thread and had no luck. that was way back when i started putting a name to your posts...

i think the thought process went like this--- "ooh that cute d00d w/ the scruffy beard from dare-to-post can cook too!"

lol... dude, lets turn our trimmin party into a food-fest too. and grill up some bomb ass shit.

14. Lol my beard is far gone. But now I'm goin my hair out. Its gettin pretty long (for me at least).

But yeah I'm down for a trim party cook-a-thon. Oh, I hope you harvest soon, I have a 1/2 O of hash we need to smoke.

15. i wish i was that cute d00d who could join in on the festivities :rolleyes:

:laughing:

16. thats true-- you didnt have a beard when we met either.

1/2 o o' hashhh?! dang-o-rang!! sounds good to me.

and illa: too bad you live so far away!! me n rhythm live like 30 minutes apart.

17. i am green with jealous rage right now :mad:

:laughing:

18. d00d .. sick signature! :cool: