here's another D.I.Y. carbon filter .

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jiggaboojones, Feb 14, 2010.

1. #1 jiggaboojones, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    ok this filter is very basic and cheap . i have used alot of real simple products n it starts with a 5 gal . bucket n lid. then a 6inch round sheetmetal ducting about 2 ft long. some pantyhose. finally 2 boxes of carbon from walmart.i drilled holes about 1/4 of the sheet metal. put the panty hose leg in leg then put the sheet metal inside the bucket that has been cut to fit then drilled for ventilation also. once in place i put the phose inside the duct.fill with 2 boxes of carbon then place remainig waist of the phose over the opening. finaly attach ducts and a fan and your done.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      312.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      212.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      261.2 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      202.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      458.7 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      300.8 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      309.7 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      277.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      510.4 KB
      Views:
  2. I wounder if this will work good with the DIY stanley blower. Might have to give this a try. thanks for sharing!

3. after putting this to use i would suggjest putting perlite around the bottom of the buckett and put something like ona products also to help . it works but nowhere near filtering more than one plant without help.

4. Where do you buy activated charcoal?

5. super walmart.

6. very good tek thanks a lot.

7. is the carbon filled to half the bucket ? does the bottom end of the pipe have a cover of panties ? is that why only small amount of holes in pipe so most the air flows in from the very end of pipe ? so is this it = the smelly air goes through the bucket lid then through carbon coal then through the holes you drilled in metal pipe but here is what i dont no = does any smelly air go through the bottom of pipe ?becouse the bottom of pipe could be silicone glued air tite to bottom of bucket so smelly air can only go through holes drilled in metal pipe

8. mailto:rmuller@generalcarbon.com This guy specializes in activated charcoal for food products. You can get a 55 lbs bag for $97. Tell him jparis1975@yahoo.com sent ya.