Creating a New Auto Flower Cross: Mi5 x Purple Jems

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Prophis, Jun 16, 2010.

1. I have made auto seeds previously, but this is going to be my first cross breed experiment.

Using a Male Mi5 by Short Stuff, and a Very vigorous Female Purple Jem by Mossy/Joint Doctor, the goal is to result in a larger dark Purple Autoflowering with nice thc production & a unique quality Stone.

Mi5 »»» AK47 x Afghanistan x Unknown Ruderalis
    Purple Jems »»» Mazar x Lowryder F7

Reasons for choosing these strains:
    Short Stuff: Mi5 - "Number 5 is very resinous plant, quite tall for an AK 47 plant cross, for 50 to 110 cm tall. This plant has a very purple afghani bred into it so outside will go a lovely rich shade of purple."

Joint Doctor/Mossy: Purple Jems: "..Purple JEMS buds display a broad colour palette, ending with a stunning royal purple. These small plants produce large purple nuggets.."

Out of the 5 purple Jems here growing, one of the Girls is Just as tall as The Mi5's which are all uniform. Not as many branches, but impressive none the less PJ.

She has begun showing hairs mature enough to receive pollen, so today was the day to conduct Science.

Here are a few pictures:
    [​IMG]
    ^Both taking Mi5 pollen

[​IMG]
    There's the Mi5 male (kept in a small grow container to maintain smaller size)

[​IMG]
    And here is the pollen on one of the smaller purple jem sections. She got it pretty good all over.

The male was grown under a simple 90w ufo led & cfl setup in it's own room, while the girls are under 600w HPS with supplemental LEDs.

It's June 15 today, in about 6 weeks from now towards the end of July, we'll have the F1 Generation to start with.

2. looks like she is gonna be pregnant soon.

3. oh yes,
    only a few hours after- her hairs were already taken in

4. sub, hopefully I can catch a grow journal of the seeds you get from this. and so on.

5. any updates? I'm trying to make the same cross as you. I just got the seeds in a few days ago

6. I'm very interested in this also.

7. Very nice work. Not a fan of autos, but a big fan of growers doing breeding projects. I am very interested in how this turns out, and would invite you do a grow journal in the breeding section of your offspring from this cross.

8. hey what do you think yiour strain will yeild outdoors ?:$

9. that male looks cool as hell under that led.

10. #10 Prophis, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
    UPDATE:

It's just about 2 weeks later, and I have some photos to share.
    Everything looks to be coming along as planned, I'll mostly let the pics speak for now..

[​IMG]
    The Mother Purple Jem as she stands at the moment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of the spots with seeds forming

[​IMG]
    Another shot of seed pods

[​IMG]
    Normal hairs close up

[​IMG]
    Top with camera flash on

Thank you for all the comments :wave:
    After this I DO fully plan on also making a grow journal of these seeds I'm creating here. Of course it'll be up here on Grasscity.

I'm not sure if i'll get to test these offspring outdoors this year, possibly not but I would guess they might take a few weeks longer and end up larger. Darker in color maybe even if it's cool enough? Time and Science will tell!

That's all for now with this one..I'll catch you soon:smoke:

11. Thanks for the thread. I'm getting some Mossys Jem x Mossys Mix seeds soon, and you've inspired me to put them in this year alongside some Roadrunner (feminised) for some outdoor, early season, auto flowering, seed breeding madness. Report to follow in due course. :D

12. Glad I helped you get moving with it there!
    That sounds Nice, where do you find Mossy's Mix Seeds and what's he thrown in there do you know? He's grown some Pure purple auto AK's that i want to get my hands on..

I've heard only good things about Dinafem's Road Runner, you should have good luck with that one.

13. Props prophis. + rep.:wave:

~rom~

14. Doin purple jemsx pj. PJ x afghan kush ryder,PJ x white dwarf .aint quite as far along as you but not far behind,had a friend bred autos they where like clones carried the genes great so fuk it I aint buyin em any more unles they're hemp.Do you fertilize ur autos normally cause they dont seem to need as much food to grow well compared to other non autos?

15. lookin good.

got my momma and poppa AKs picked ..

16. OK, I didn't do the breeding, and I'm getting the seeds from allourseeds.org . Their description is;

so I'm guessing (pure speculation) that it's an in-house effort by Mossy along more indica lines than straight MJ. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and what kinda messy seeds I can produce crossing the two strains. :)

17. UPDATE:

Another two weeks go by

...and behold- the marvelous wonders of nature:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Purple Jem is a monster the top is leaning, and she's got that real deep stinky smell, almost like old fruit but in a good way.

The seeds are developing great, some even seem to be dark and popping out already. but still 2 week until the planned harvest. pretty awesome.

She's not super dark at all, but I am defiantly seeing purple/pinkish hues on some of the leaves and a little of the buds.

I'm also very happy with my choice of breeding Mi5 with this PJ. Here is a Pic of my Girl Mi5 right now- see how she is turning out:
    [​IMG]
    BEAUTIFUL Colors. The Mi5 Smells like Apples.

To answer the questions with nutrients, I have experimented and found that Autos do not need much at all- especially if you're starting out with good soil in the first place. All of my plants now get 1-3 diluted feedings through their whole life.

I can't wait to smoke both of these girls, But I am excited to begin MY all mi5 x pj garden with these new seeds in the near future.

18. :) :) :)

19. You have no idea how bad I want some of those seeds! Great job!

20. Thank you very much.
    I actually want to offer some these seeds once I'm on F2 with them. It's all i'm gonna be growing for a little while.