luke wilson 15 arm vs. mobius matrix perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Chumbing, Dec 21, 2011.

1. which one you prefer? luke wilson comes stock with the dewaar joint+. anyone ever hit the both of these? check this vid out

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbTw0R4Nug]Mobius Matrix v. Luke Wilson 15 Arm Bubbler - Battle of the Dewaar - YouTube[/ame]

2. I would shoot for the Mobius. I have a few of their products and it NEVER lets me down. That LW does look slick though... I wonder how that rips.

3. word. im about to place my order for the luke wilson

4. tree percs are pretty obsolete now. there are a lot of other things our there for that many you could get that are more practical and have more percolation, regardless of how "smooth" the LW is....all of this im sure youre aware of but just saying

5. where can you get a mobius anyway?

6. nah but, thanks for the heads up. Its my first piece so we'll see how it turns out

7. enjoy. LW makes great pieces...regardless of the perc youll love it

8. thanks bro, will do.

9. #9 yeahchops, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    i have the mobius reti perc and it is a really really smooth hit. I only imagine that the matrix would be even better. The LW's are cheaper though... on a,l,t anyway
    also the newer versions of the matrix have a much smaller perc than what is in that video, its more functional and more of the perc is used

10. #10 franklyfresh, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 1

11. yeah I also bought the LW cause of that and the mobius is out of stock. I was gonna wait for mobius' SL1 but theres no info on the release date

12. I'm curious about this too.

13. They can be found on A_L_T or possibly your local shop. Check Mobius' website. Mine carries them. I haven't hit a LW arm, but I have the Matrix perc on the Nano. It's bigger than the version they put in the bubblers (especially the new ones, which are even smaller), but I would imagine it hits similarly. It's great.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMIBJ0kHLQ]Mobius Matrix Milkshot - YouTube[/ame]

15. haha the matrix perc is cool but its a joke. look at all those perc slits up and down it and then notice that only the top row percolates....just like open bottomed tree percs, only one level is effective

16. That's what a lot of people think. If they didn't have the lower levels of slits it would be much harder of a drag. Plus the holes all fire when you clear. That's why they are called drag less percs by Mobius. The proof is in the stacks.

Much smoother of a hit than other percs- that's the point of a drag less bong.

If I wanted to rip the hell out of it more rows would fire but that's not how you are supposed to hit a bong of this kind, at least in my opinion. I could make a video of me knocking myself out with a huge hit, and more than the top few rows would fire. It''s all how you hit it. They are very useful.

17. well i know that. im aware that when you snap the bowl all the percs work, but when you are milking a hit and the smoke is only passing through the top row, the majority of your hit has already percolated. the only part of your hit that is really stacking in the bubbles is what has not passed through the perc yet: i.e. the small amount of smoke left between the bowl and the perc

so all that is really effective in percolation is one row of many percs: i.e. a disc perc or showerhead etc. basically all of the lower rows are used to reduce drag

18. I'm saying you can get more rows to fire while you are torching the bowl if you pull harder. I like a smoother, dragless hit, so I don't pull that hard. You're last sentence didn't make much sense. I'm just going to go ahead and make a video to show you...

19. please do...and what i mean is that since those lower rows dont get much action before you snap the bowl, all they are really effective for is reducing drag in the perc...but i understand what youre saying