Help picking a smooth 12-14 daily driver for ~350-500 USD

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by koruptyg, Oct 2, 2013.

1. #1 koruptyg, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    First some pretext.

I have trouble sleeping and I've had it for a lot of years. My favorite way to go to bed (hence size-limit) is to smoke until my whole world is spinning and I'm close to a THC OD. This is what I want to achieve often or every time. To achieve this I need to take BIG hits, to take big hits I need a smooth scientific bong. These are the ones I'm considering and reason to why.

1) Dirty Rico Glass - Mini 8 to 12 Arm Apocoline Tube
    * Only read good things about this and I've seen a lot of people recommend it over the 2xMatrix. Might not be as smooth as the matrix but seems to be more a general bong than just a flower bong.
    2) Mobius 60 mm Stemless Bubbler with Stereo Matrix
    * Seems to have the best diffusion of the ones listed but I've heard that it can be a bit airy (which makes it harder to take huge hits?). This one is a strong candidate as its supposed to be the smoothest here.
    3) SYN Glass - Micro Thunderdome Tube - Rasta
    * I have no info on this one, but it seems to be performing good. Smallest of the pieces.
    X) <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>Sovereignty - 60 mm G-Line to Imperial Perc</a>
    * SOV has been good pretty much all the way through, but I have no clue on how smooth this is. Another problem with SOV is that they rarely are available.

Right now I'm using my Bent Apache as my bed piece, only reason to why I'm getting rid of it is cause I would like a slightly more solid piece as my daily driver. I generally smoke hash and maybe like 10% of the time I got some concentrates. Apixdesign is not a option as I can't buy from him.

Any ideas or opinions are appreciated.

Best regards
    K

2. Sov isn't quite as hard to get as it used to be.  Pillars are still hard to grab on that one online site but I've seen glines in stock.  If you don't care about losing taste and just want the biggest hit you possibly can take while still being smooth, I'd take a look at DG frittered perc.  I'm not a fan of the tube (I had one but sold it) due to not enough taste due to the amount of diffusion.  But that much diffusion does let you take massive rips and not feel it.

3. i haven't had a chance to try the imperial perc but if you are looking into any of those bent neck sov pieces and your goal is to OD on THC personally I wouldn't get one of these pieces. My stem/inv-4 does not milk much before it starts getting into your lungs so unless you are an olympic swimmer I have trouble cashing an entire bowl in one breath. If I had the choice I would go for a stem/8 not to sound like everyone else and their mom but if you have ever hit one you would know why people overpay for them. Pillars are pretty shitty though I hate them, they just look cool

4. If you go for the Mobius id go with the Straight tube 60t over the 60b Bubbler. I have yet to hear anybody preferring it over the t's....aka tubes. 60t......IMO is the best piece he makes.

I cant comment on those other tubes cuz i havent hit em, so i feel like a homer if I jus vote Mobius....

5. that sov looks sick but i dont think i've tried any of those listed. id go sov or mobius

6. I have a DR Apocoline. Quite the interesting tale on this forum, with it. Personally I love it. I have another bubbler, same form factor, slightly smaller... gridded showerhead (Treehouse Glass) I prefer over it. Not for function, mostly because of size. DR has a bit more drag on the initial pull.

Money being no object, at least for the prices of the pieces you listed... wow...

The Sov is sick. Never tried one... only heard good things and I so dig that form factor. I've wanted any of the pieces, with that design. That particular one, is drool worthy. That Toro, is nice... though I'd probably spend my money on something else. Mobius Stereo Matrix? I read great things about them, sometimes... but everyone I know personally that owns one... is not a fan.

I've really wanted a Sov for a while and that sure is a nice one.

7. Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I've read a lot of your posts on the DR BigDaddy, seems you know what you are talking about and you have a nice collection to compare with.

Seems the SOV is getting a lot of interest so I'll try reading up on it to see what people think.

8. #8 Borker, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
    12" medicali slyme mini bong. Has an 8 tree perc, three prong ice catcher.

Pros-
    -ice catcher
    -8tree perc
    -short bong makes it Very easy to clean
    -can be hidden easily
    -green "slyme" accents the room very nicely if you aren't trying to conceal it.
    ->350

I've been using this as my personal and I love it, I know a lot of you probably think medicali is too mainstream but you yourself said you were open to suggestion so please be nice :) lol

9. All suggestions are appreciated brother, in fact, all help is:)

Thank you for taking the time

10. The same (mainstream) could easily be said of Toro and Mobius. Especially Mobius.

That's also part of the problem with pricing. All of those pieces are nice, but even the DR is overpriced, imo. You pay anywhere from $50 - $200 more, for a name (I only paid slightly over $200 for my original DR). At least, that's my experience. I don't know why, personal preference... the Sov, is the one I would spend that kind of money on. Same with Mothership. Hell yes, I'd spend $1000+ for one of their rigs. Some would say I'm crazy, then make a similar statement about the Toro, Mobius...

I've seen a lot of nice Medicali pieces. More than a few I wouldn't mind having. I don't see a lot of people let go of them either, meaning they either like them, or can't get their value back, selling. I tend to believe the former.

11. #11 Rollie Fingers, Oct 3, 2013

How come your friends arent fans of the Stereo Matrix? Jw cuz everybody prefer differnt hits.

And sayin Mobius is mainstream lol? Duno exactly what you mean by that....but theres a reason why thier gettin popular. Their pieces rip and are original, not taking other peoples ideas to make em either. But have you owned one Bigdaddy or jus what your friends said?

12. #12 BigDaddyVapor, Oct 3, 2013

They don't like them, because of the volume/perc combo (too much volume, redundant and kind of pointless lower perc). Most wish they had held onto their single Matrix (two of them were Ions, the other was a 65b), or bought one instead. A buddy, that works at our LHS, has a custom (sand-blasting) Stereo Matrix, that dislikes it, to the point he stopped cleaning it. He paid close to $900 for it and couldn't care less about it.

Since you edited as I was responding...

What was difficult to understand? I made a statement, you actually agreed with it... yet you act butthurt over it. Plus, if you put my comment INTO CONTEXT, its not a slight in the least bit. Or is that too difficult a concept for you to understand? I know.... "u duno", right?

Another guy that wants to start a pissing match over fucking glass.

13. #13 Rollie Fingers, Oct 3, 2013
    Lol you sound like a retard gettin all pissed......all I asked was a question and you call me butthurt?? Yeah it was difficult to understand so I asked please explain your reasoning behind it.....? Is that too hard for you? All you said was some people dont care for it and its mainstream........So explain your reasoning for it.....other than Blah blah dont care for it! Maybe had it been posted from somebody who owned one it would be more understanding n valid. Only pissing match over here is jus you pissin on yourself

So that lower perc is pointless huh? That comment alone tells me all I need to know about your experience w Mobius. Lol and your talkin about Ions.....which already come with a single perc, not 2? And the 65b? Wtf? Try a 60t......... and dont take one guy bein pissed off about buyin an overpriced sandblasted Mobius......whad he pay? An extra 500 for sandblast? :hello: Genius right there

14. #14 Rollie Fingers, Oct 3, 2013
    And OP if you want some real true honest reviews.....check out FuckCombustion or Tokecity. You will get alot more responses w people who actually own them or have owned them.........rather than he said she said

15. LOL!

Deflect, Dismiss, Belittle, Ignore...

Go read your response to me again. Cracks me up up how people project their anger onto others. You would have to be worth it. You took issue with my statements about Mobius, both that people I know personally... don't particularly like the Stereo Matrix. Didn't say anything else about any other piece of theirs. Just that. I then backed it up, with the reasons why... which you asked for, which aren't just their opinions... but echo opinions on this forum here AND fuckcombustion. Plus, my own experience (since they are friends... they do share glass with other friends)... with the Stereo. You didn't wait for that response. You just assumed. The transparency of who/where you're coming from, is blatant to. Spare it.

You asked for the reason... I gave them to you. Go back and read. No. Let me help you out. The volume of the pieces and the relation of how the perc works, with that piece. Most complain that the bottom half of the stereo doesn't do much and mostly, just drives up the cost of the piece and adds a little bit of drag (the stemless is also a culprit here). I happen to agree with that. They also said they preferred their single Matrix pieces, which I also happen to agree with. I told you that. But you were too butthurt, to comprehend it. Yes, I'm aware both the Ion and YES, the 65mm BUBBLER Matrix (its the original full size bubbler) pieces are single percs, vs the stereo (dual). Two doesn't mean better, always.

So this is all, in my experience and those that own one (sorry, I don't personally own a Stereo Matrix... after doing my research, I decided they were a waste of money)

What was that about "retard"?

You also had a problem with me calling them, "mainstream"... but you made my point, about why they're mainstream. They're popular. Mobius is popular for a reason. They make good glass. So does Toro. So does Sov. So does DR. It doesn't stop there.

You read into my response what you wanted to read into it.

BTW, the $900 custom sand-blasted piece my friend owns. I mentioned he works at a LHS, right? He sees a LOT of pre-production pieces. That's what he bought. He had it probably 6 months before you probably ever heard of a Stereo Matrix (I know that's how long he had it, before he ever let me see it, know about it). Its a signed, numbered Stereo Matrix pre-production custom graphics piece. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the guy that did the blasting. He made a big deal of it. This friend... he goes to the same shows, that ALT goes to, talks to, knows, buys from the same people.

Assumptions... all from "Mobius is mainstream" and "people I know that own them, don't really like them".

I'm sure the OP is quite capable of making an informed, or personal opinion on what he wants.

16. Well why not type all this in your original post then right? :confused_2: Instead of when you get all butthurt about it n THEN go into detail. Ignorance or slow?

17. Smoke til you get a thc od lol

18. #18 Rollie Fingers, Oct 3, 2013
    And if your buddy had one of the numbered pre-production types.......he most likely had the gridded divider bypassing the matrix percs. LMFAO prolly why he dont like it......Circle aka Glass blower for Mobius......told everybody to trash them that he sent them too...... and hed send them new ones but places like Aqua lab didnt care n still sold em.....greedy basterds

Again please own one to really make an assumption thier overpriced after your so called research. Guess you missed that big one in all your research about a bad batch going out? :confused_2:

19. StoneGlassWorks waffle perc

it is great for flower and is made with precision and quality glass.  It hits soo smooth and it is right in your price range!

20. Again... please understand that personal experience with more than one, qualifies to give an opinion. I don't need to own one.

Where you get that asinine idea, that someone has to own something to have a qualified opinion, is blatantly obvious (transparent). Like I said. I know where/why/what your attitude/agenda is coming from.

Sorry, no gridded divider on buddy's Stereo and as I stated... NOT THE ONLY Stereo Matrix, I've used. Your feigned expert knowledge of all-things Mobius fails again.

Done with this. Just you trying to start a pissing match, you came with an empty bladder. OP got his answer.