Your favorite Ashcatcher?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by redechelon, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Herro GC,

I've been looking at buying my first ashcatcher and I can't find many that are 45degrees. What's YOUR favorite ashcatcher?

Specifically, I'm looking for an 18mm 45degree AC... nothing TOO expensive. I was thinking $100 - $150, give or take.

So far, the MGW Cirq 18mm 45degree seems like my best option... not only is it affordable, but I like the circ and people seem to think its a solid brand.

I like the vertigo and 2011bc AC's, but nothing is 45degrees =/. The SYN's and Toro's that I can find are also all 90degree, but also out of my price range.

Any advice?

2. check out the new SYN ash catchers on kulture's website. Pretty nice stuff.

3. Ooo, those are nice. The ratchet perc's? too bad they're 14mm

4. they have 18mm too. I havent tried to rachet perc yet, but I own a SYN Pill Bottle catcher with the fixed chimney perc and I love it. Really thick glass. Level base so it sits flat and you only need a little water and it bubbles nicely!

5. This is one of my syn setups for flowers. Really nice love it

ForumRunner_20120622_121309.png

ForumRunner_20120622_121600.png

Attached Files:

6. I actually like my 45 sheldon b. Ac with alex k diffy alot in my beaker. I want a 2012bc for my stemlines and a toro circ for my toro

7. #7 redechelon, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
    I dont see them, am I at the right site? kulture va? I only see a HVY 8 arm, Illy, Curse, and TKO now. :(

I would love one of those SYN AC's (nice piece btw)

8. Best 45 degree ACs on water labs right now are MGW cirq perc $120 and SYN ratchet $200, but you could also wait for the Vertigo 10 arm to come back in stock at $180.

Or you could get a custom gridded showerhead AC 45 degree from a custom blower/company like Itza, DWB, GMD, Apix Design, etc. which would give you the best diffusion.

9. Yeah, the MGW is still my top choice over the SYN, just because there's an 18mm... but I really like the custom suggestion. Is it usually pretty affordable, and do you have a favorite out of those you listed? I've seen a couple posts with Apix stuff that looked quality, but know nothing about any of them.

If there's a blower in Minneapolis, that would awesome to order it locally... I'll do some research.

10. i dont believe dan (apixdesign) is doing ash catchers anymore
    i could be wrong though....

one thing to watch out for on AC's is splashback, i had a ZOB 10 arm on my Zob 2ft and it would stack so high that water would get in to the tube from the A/c

annoying as fuck !!

11. #11 redechelon, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    Well I msg'd him a bit ago, so I'll find out :)

You'd prefer a simpler AC?

EDIT: Yeah, you're right football. He said he usually doesn't unless it's for a custom tube you're ordering. Nice quick response from him though, will def consider getting a tube from him in the future.

12. #12 redechelon, Jun 24, 2012
    There's a Boro Farm 18mm 45 AC on Kulture for $160 that looks nice too. I think I'd prefer it over the MGW, mainly because it's shorter and has a dewar female joint. Is the 60$ worth it though vs. the MGW? (If I order off of aqua in 2 weeks, the MGW is basically $100)

13. #13 Filthzilla, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    I just ordered the MGW 14mm 45º for 100$ on ***. I'll have to let you know how it is. Wouldn't the Boro Farm have a little spill over vs. the MGW not having to worry at all?

14. i wouldnt say simpler but just make sure there is enough space between the perc and the joint, for example the BC and toro ashcatchers are pretty long so they prevent splashback

15. #15 redechelon, Jun 24, 2012
    I gotcha. I was thinking shorter would be better just so I don't have a huge AC hanging off of my tube, but I def see your point. (and filths) I hit my friends tube w/ ac last night and he has that problem frequently. (but his ac is super cheap and short)

If nothing pops up within 2 weeks, I'm ordering that MGW or Boro Farms. I'd love a follow up when you get it filth.

EDIT: looked a little closer on Kulture's site and they have a couple worked 45 AC's under the 90 section... pretty dope. Also there's nice US Tubes AC's on bit freak. There's tons of 90 degree Toro's and 2012 BC's, no 45's =[