Grasscity Artshow?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Rees, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Just had an idea after watching a documentary, I know I'm not well known in this area, but why don't we have a grasscity artshow?

Meaning we have a virtual "user submitted artshow"

I can do a few sketches or so, maybe write a poem or story.

Anyone else wanna submit a bit of their time and have a grasscity artshow?

Basically it will just be hosted in a thread (new one once I get all the pieces.) and have each artist, a little bit about them and a bit about their pieces. (unless otherwise wanted.)

Up for it?

Also, if we do, do this one. Maybe have one a month with different artists each month?

2. This idea is pretty awesome we should do it.

3. Definitely, that sounds pretty cool.

4. Alright. theres three for it.

I'm hoping for at least 5 people. Maybe have a few pieces, 2 at least. Unless theirs one huge one.

5. sounds fun, would do something I guess
    as long as its before the start of my next semester in mid jan :)

6. It's official. We are go. Everyone so far, and everyone who posts after this get to it.

We are aiming to post before rustys next semester. So, lets get started :D

Do whatever you want as long as its artsy. just pm the images, get a few of them and the words you got for them. Then I'll make a new post :D

7. I'm down!

8. So. So far here's who we have.

1. Rees.
    2. psychoperson25.
    3. imamonster29.
    4. RustyCakePan.
    5. Tuna42.

Anyone else?

9. This'll be good. I'll make new pieces for the show. What is the exact date they need to be in by?

10. Can we submit photos. Since photography is considered an art

11. I imagined whatever you make is allowed. Like what you do as an artist.

12. It's whatever you want. And because I feel this as an artform.

Modifying any art you see and making it your own originality.

(If there was a tag up, and then you posted a poster or something around it to make it more directed. etc) << Example.

As for a needed date. I would say... January.. 14th, just to make it a solid 2 weeks. So we have about 2-3 weeks to get our pieces together.

13. Im down I already have a few pieces to submit but ill wait until the time comes.

14. I am in, so just pm the op our entry's or what?

15. Yes. Just pm the link/image url. I'll resave them, (never know if they might get lost) and keep the links. Then I'll put together a little format, having your name, and your pieces, then having what you want said about them.

I'll then post the thread in this section. And pm all of you that it has been done. Thne post on here that it is done. :D

16. I'm totally down!
    I have some of my stuff already uploaded to my computer

17. Well I've gained one person's submissions. If you want go ahead and submit to me now. It'd be much appreciated, because I can work on the layout now.

18. Can any one enter? I haven't done anything in years but
    This would be a good reason to start again. Does it
    have to be digital art? I' just draw and paint ....

19. I best finish up the piece I am working on for this then huh?