It's Time to Bring it Back(GC Artshow 4 Submissions)

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by psychoperson25, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hello again GC we are going to try this one more time. Just read those rules up there.

Here we are again for the GC Art Show Number 4 I figure enough time has passed that we have a new crop of artist's as well as those of you I know well.

Here you can talk about the art show ask me questions whatever you want. Just talk to fellow entrants do what you want just don't spoil the work that is the magic of this show I don't want you to submit things you have already posted on your respected threads.

If you want links to the old art shows because you have no clue what I am referring to allow me.

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/803774-grasscity-artshow-3-a.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/755737-gc-artshow-number-2-a.html

The first one was hosted by someone else if I recall. But who better than your resident psycho to organize another one?

2. I was totally just thinking about this and wondering when the next one was going to be!!
    I have dabbled into some paint along with some pen and ink, so this might be the perfect time to show it off :)

Looking forward to seeing other peoples masterpieces!!

3. Glad you are in Leesh I am excited to see what kind of work you have been doing.

4. Now there is one problem with these art shows not many people even look at them. Any ideas to improve the amount of viewers?

5. I never got involved in the initial contests but it's still a cool idea. People on gc always come up with some really nice work. I'll be keeping an eye on this, for sure.

6. Hello! First timer to the GC Artshow. Not much of an artistic person really. But I like to try:) So I'm considering entering something. But not for sure. I'm do a little bit of drawing...

I was actually just thinking about this though. I was looking at the previous art shows and was expecting to see a lot more entries and at the least, more feedback. But I did greatly enjoy the work I did see.

But I think that we just need to get the word out to as many people as possible. I've been on GC for quite some time, and I've been pretty actively reading the Artist's Corner for a while and never even heard of this. Maybe we as people who are putting work in the art show need to promote our work. Not only on GC, but other places as well? Just a suggestion.

But looking forward to seeing all of the works of art that GC can put together!

7. Honestly?

I was trying a Poetry contest. I ended up just making my own website (a cheepo one at the moment) and got people who'm I know write poetry and such to join. It seems easier that way to just develop that way.

I'm no Painter. But I'm definitely keeping track of this.

8. So how do we submit pieces exactly? I think this is awesome

9. Send them to psychoperson25 in a private message. So if it's an image of some sort it would have to be hosted on a site so that it can be linked to him.
    I'm pretty sure that's how we did it before.

10. Leesh is right that is exactly how you enter. I encourage anyone to enter.

11. pm sent...:smoke:

12. Awesome im gonna get on it :)

13. Bump for people who haven't seen this

14. Would it be cool if this were to be posted in other sections of grasscity? Like...

"Hey come visit the Artists Corner for the GC artshow"

I am unsure

15. I was thinking of maybe posting something like that in the general section like a day before the show.

16. some form of letting people know would be good...im gonna announce it in my thread in nirvana...whats the time and date etc psycho?

17. It says at the start of the first post :p
    March 10th deadline for submissions. I would imagine like previous shows it takes a few days for the grand showing.

18. That's one thing I was thinking. Or someone go to some of the other art posts here, and mention the GC artshow on other people's threads maybe? Just a thought.

19. my bad....*hangs head in shame* :smoke: