Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

- OFFICIAL DRIVE HIGH Safety/Fun tips thread -

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by alejoe84, Jan 27, 2012.

1. THREAD INTRODUCTION:

What made my mind about writing this thread is the amount of people around asking if it's safe to drive high, and the other amount of people saying it's a terrible idea. So let's make a few things straight before we jump into the facts. I've been driving for about 10 years now, daily, I've driven cars, SUVs, Mid-size vans, cargo trucks, (manual and automatic transmission) and my personal all life love are cars and driving. Also I've been tokin' for about four years now, and driving high for me is one of the most fun and entertaining things I can do while stoned, and I strongly feel with the experience to talk about this matter, that also made my mind for this thread so read up! There are some things you need to have in mind before taking a ride high as fuck, we'll talk about that in a second.

Before gettin' into specifics there's is something everyone should be aware of if you are going to drive stoned or not, driving always include risks, risks you should always be aware of, but the truth is that good driving needs good common sense, so be smart while you're out there and remember you're not the only driver on the road.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO DRIVE UNDER ANY OTHER DRUG OF CHOICE SUCH AS ALCOHOL, SINTHETICS OR WHATEVER, BE SMART AND SAVE YOUR LIFE INCLUDING OTHERS

- DRIVING REQUIRES FULL ATTENTION STONED OR NOT -​

For the people that says: “Im a better driver while im high” I have just one thing for you, good! Keep it up, confidence is very important, but don't let the confidence blind you and guide you to the rear end of a UPS truck or flashing lights on your mirrors. You're not GOD, I'm personally a better driver while im high, I'll tell you why in a bit.
    With that being said let get down to the good stuff.

DRIVING HIGH INTRODUCTION:

First of all, if you have smoked marihuana at some point in your life, then you have noticed that it won't take your common sense away (you won't try to fly or eat fire).
    Second, I wouldn't recommend a new driver or someone who doesn't feel with enough experience behind the wheel of a car to drive high, wait until you know you can handle a car unconsciously (like talking on a cellphone with no trouble while you drive (not safe but you know what I mean)) so before you try a beautiful golden high cruise be sure you're not going to forget how to shift (manuals) or how to merge safely onto the freeway. In that same way I wouldn't recommend it to a new toker, you also need to feel confident about being high. So for those afraid to drive high, relax if you are comfortable with the feeling of being high, and comfortable driving a car, even with cops around, give it a try, set a small route and drive into heaven, if you can handle a car, and handle yourself high… you can do this.
    Now, there's a difference between driving high and driving while blazin' or smoking. This is important because if you get pulled over your car will smell and you'll have the evidence in your hands, besides it brings more attention. I've done both, but I prefer smoking, then driving, drive to another location to smoke what I have left and keep on with the drive (I don't like my cars smelling) so keep that in mind.

SAFETY TIPS:

Here I list a couple of thing any good driver but most important any good stoner driver should have in mind at every time.

1)\tBreak one rule at a time, if you're driving high, or have weed in the car, wear your seatbelt, make sure your break lights work! You don't want your car to be at any form out of the ordinary (the party is on the inside)

2)\tHave on you as least as possible and have a good place to hide it! (we'll get to that later) If possible only bring joints or blunts, for Christ sake don't bring pipes on the car unless it's a must, a big ass must, using pipes/one hitters can be distracting and a hassle, besides paraphernalia will get you in trouble and confirm you're high if pulled over.

3)\tGeneral safety, Keep your distance from the vehicle in front, check speed limits don't speed, stay 10 mph under if possible (driving too fast or too slow will attract the attention of the cops, eyes on the road, don't make harsh sudden moves if you forgot your exit, adapt to different weather conditions, as a driver you should already know this.

4)\tIf driving while blazin' be careful not to drop the blunt or joint between your legs, you can burn yourself or worst, the car seat.

5)\tMarihuana WILL impair your reaction time and reflexes, keep that in mind if you're gonna tailgate someone.

6)\tDriving requires full attention, so just drive! Do not text, do not eat (see fun tips # 3) do not have sex. You can have a perfect conversation with a passenger, sing out loud, but remember who the driver is so FOCUS.

7)\tMake sure you have your documents, license plate, inspection sticker, registration, and insurance, whatever! up to date.

8)\tCheck for stop signs, it's a must and a menace for all stoners cause its really easy to miss one, keep in mind that most intersections if don't have a light, will have a stop sign, so make sure to stop, if not sure stop anyway take a minute (I said a minute, not five minutes!) Also remember it's a stop sign and don't park there forever waiting for it to turn green!

9)\tAlways check for traffic lights, ALWAYS! I can't insist more on this guys… if you are approaching an intersection and you're so high you can't tell if your light is green or just the turn left light is green, slow down, check for other drivers, see if they stop or go through, check for other lights, it's better to slow down or even stop at a green light and just get honked or the finger, than to run the red light and put yourself and other drivers in a very dangerous situation.

10)\tCheck for local police checkpoints (in some countries they are really common like in mine (Colombia)) so try to avoid high-traffic routes that can include them, some places are more likely to have a checkpoint than others, so try to go local or back roads instead of taking a highway that might be monitored.

11)\tFind a place to hide your stash that's accessible and secure! If you're gonna drive while smoking and got pulled over, eat that joint/blunt if you have too, (see fun tip # 5) possession and DUI penalties can be a pain in the ass. If you prefer the smoking then driving method and need to hide a blunt/joint, find a place where only you know you can access it, not a simple storage compartment (my hiding point is the roof, there's a separation between the roof leather and the actual roof metal that can't be seen, you need to pull it down with your hands, I've tricked some police officers with it)

Here's a list of possible hiding spots:

•\tRemovable air/con vents

•\tRemovable seats (SUVs)

•\tInside the leather of the head rests (they can be removed for washing in lots of cars)

•\tCloths, put them in a pair of jeans pocket or hoodie and throw it with a bunch of other clothes in the trunk.

•\tBackpack, suitcase, sealed carton (They cannot be opened without a search warrant, even after arrest)

•\tSport goods (hockey skates, football socks, jerseys (the dirtier the better))

Remember keep everything in one same spot; If you are ever searched you should have only one place to worry about.
    If you guys know more feel free to share them!

AVOID AT ALL MEANS TO STORE WEED IN:

•\tGlove box (The second thing an officer wants to see, after a driver's license, is vehicle registration, which is usually kept in the glove box. The officer's eyes and flashlight will often inspect the glove box as it is opened, and he'll be looking for drugs)

•\tUnder the seats

•\tNever leave roaches in the ashtray

•\tYour pockets, if searched it would be found.

•\tSimple view spots, never be so confident to leave a blunt in the cup holders.

It's also a good idea to have a decoy backpack or case where the cops might be interested in looking if the suspect something, that would keep them busy from looking into the real hiding spots.

IF PULLED OVER:

If you get pulled over relax, acting nervous will suggest them something is wrong, you can't control your reaction sometimes (harder if the surprise you) but keep calm if you don't have anything in sight (that's why I prefer the smoking then driving method) then you should be fine, if you have a good hiding spot they probably will let you go after not finding anything or even not suspecting you're high. This is why it's important to have a good hiding place, not just because they won't find it, but you would be less nervous if you know they place is good, remember acting nervous will make them suspect!

FUN TIPS:

Now that we have cleared all the safety stuff, it's time to make the ride sweeter, If you're gonna be in a hurry I recommend not to smoke before or at any point because it will take the fun away from it. When your sober almost every time it's a time saving drive where you drive above the limit (sometimes) change lanes too often etc. but when you're high… its smooth sailing baby… that's why I say I'm a better driver when high.

1)\tSet a route, if smoking before then drive, smoke… get high, then drive to another location to smoke more (10 minute away drive or whatever) smoke more (inside or outside the car your choice) then drive to (insert favorite food place here) get settled and drive home (or where ever the hell you want) chill. Simple.

2)\tTunes, get yourself some music before the ride, it's frustrating to go through every station trying to find something you like and it distracts you, burn a cd, get a tape, make a playlist on you iPod, USB, smartphone… Music is a MUST.

3)\tIf you get food, get someone to help you as well, if not it's better to save it for when you arrive to your destination, you can keep it with you (food smell will vanish weed smell) or put it in the trunk, that smell can be hell if you're waiting to eat it (trust me).

4)\tKeep a perfume in your car, never know when it's gonna be needed.

5)\tGet yourself a drink, have your favorite beverage with you, it kills the cotton mouth and if you need to swallow your joint/blunt it will help like an angel.

6)\tGet rid of annoying distractions (safe too) like cellphones or bitchy girlfriends, enjoy your ride!.

Guys that's all I can think of right now, if you want to add or share something else please do!
    Also be careful always and drive safe! :smoke:

2. I just stay with rule number one, because it covers ALL YOUR RULES.

ONLY BREAK ONE LAW AT A TIME.

3. Absolutely amazing really well written!

4. Wow dude. I didn't read all of it yet, just skimmed cause I'm on the app right now. Looks really good though, props.

5. Perfect!
    You sound like someone who has learned their lesson the hard way.. have you?

6. No! never had any trouble thank god, I just think if people where more careful most of them wouldn't have any problems!

7. May be true, the other rules are things to remember then...

8. #8 DemonicGman, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
    Only rule I remember is this one: don't drop the bowl.

As long as nobody in the car appears high and the officers do not have probably cause, then they cannot search the car. But if they ask you to get out of the car, then you must first make sure that by doing so you're not consenting to a search of the car or yourself. However I believe they can search you no matter what if they ask you to get out of the car and you do.

BUT ALWAYS>>>ASK why they pulled you over, why they want you to get out of the car etc. Always, always ask them why they are doing what they are doing. That way they have to give you a reason, if they don't, or give you a bullshit one (trust me you'll know), then tell them they have no right to do what they are doing.

9. swallow your joint/ blunt?? sick! toss that maw sucka

10. If they are close they will see you throw it! and you'll get in more trouble, most people in that situation will eat it!

11. Op earned a sticky? Yes. :cool: :smoking:

12. just arrived from cruisin' sweeeet ride and high as fuck

13. But they can fing a way to do it anyway... just be prepared for search, tehy will find any excuse.

14. haha yeaah

15. I had to drive home right after the first time i truly got high. Obviously still blasted into the stratosphere walking around like an alien with a hot air balloon for a head on a foreign planet. I watched my machine walk itself to the car like a robot. But despite this shift in perception i drove home perfectly normal even though the cars going by were alien space ships and everything was moving at five frames per second. Slow motion wasnt a bad thing when driving. Made it easier to react.

16. This is a really good thread. Obviously the safest thing to do is to not drive stoned but this covers pretty much every problem you might find. One thing that should be emphasized is to not store roaches in the ashtray, this is the second place that cops will look when they search your car.

17. Thats right, I usually get rid off all roaches driving or at home.

18. Enjoy your funeral.

19. You should give tips on how to drive better

Cause over 75 % of drivers dont even think when they get it in a car...

If people actually woke the fuck up and understood they are driving a 4000 pound missile... Pull over if u need to make a call... stay back 4-8 seconds from the car infront of u. Walk around your car before you get in... Expect a deer to come running onto the road... expect that a driver will run a redlight... Become a safer driver

20. You're right, but I didnt want to give a driving 101 class, im assuming that everyone already should already know this and im just focusing on driving high, thats why I dont recommend driving high to new drivers.

expect someone will run a red light, that is a good one.