Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

**UPDATED** 21st Birthday in Amsterdam blog Days 1&2 **With Pictures**

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KushAndChips, Mar 6, 2011.

1. #1 KushAndChips, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    DAY 2 UPDATE IS AVAILABLE AT THE TOP OF PAGE 4.

Greetings GC.

You are about to read about a 21st Birthday of a UK Apprentice toker in the weed capital of the world, Amsterdam.

So sit back, make yourself comfy, spark up your smoking method of choice and enjoy.

Day 1, 28th February 2011

With massive excitement I hopped out of bed at 8am, looked at my last 0.5g on my desk and laughed knowing how much weed I was going to be indulging in later. My plan was to pick up my 2 friends who were coming with me, drive to university so that one of them could hand in a piece of coursework which was due.

Once that was all done we headed off to the airport, the drive took about 20 minutes, we parked the car and caught a bus to our terminal.

Once there breakfast was the only thing on my mind, and what better way to start off the trip than with this classic English breakie.

[​IMG]

We then went and boarded the plane, got a nice set of 3 seats and grabbed some sweet/savoury biscuits.

55 minutes later, yes, that's right, 55 minutes later, we were in Amsterdam. The excitement was pretty intense at this point, we just couldn't wait to get to the hostel, pack all our luggage out the way and then get and explore the coffeeshops and smoke some blunts.

We arrived at Schipol airport at around 2pm CEST, (1 hour ahead of UK time), hopped on a train to Amsterdam Central station, which took roughly 17 minutes. When we finally arrived in Central Dam, I gave my friend a ring who is a university student (UK student, but offered a years placement in Amsterdam), he came to meet us and we walked to the hostel.
    It was my 2nd time in Amsterdam so the streets were pretty recognizable, my two friends (two stoner girls) loved their initial impression.

The look on their faces when we walked past people smoking joints in the street and outside shops was brilliant, we finally dumped all our stuff off and headed back out, free, and ready to smoke.

So we headed to a coffee shop called Route 66, it was a really modern looking coffeeshop, playing some great tunes. When we walked in Wiz Khalifa Black and Yellow was on before the whole of Dre's 2001 was played.

I had to then make my decision of the first pick up of my trip, I decided on a nice sativa to enjoy the day with a bit of a lift, after asking the budtenders opinions. I picked up some Orange haze, 2 grams for 20euro, and as promised GC, here are some pictures of Dam dank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The high was really nice, bit of a head buzz, but it was really smooth, just felt uplifted and ready for exploring Amsterdam.

It smoked great, after a couple of J's of this we set off again, this time for a wander and to check out some of the sights. As we walked I was getting waves of my high kicking in, walking down the small streets with the sun glaring through was a great experience, walking past fellow stoners and smokey cafes was pretty surreal and it just brought a huge smile to my face. We headed towards Dam square before deciding it was really time to get some food, after a quick stop for a burger and chips (Or fries if you must, American counterparts) we were ready for the next coffee shop.

This time we were going to head to one of the more tourist focused coffee shops, the Bulldog. We went inside and again I took a look at the weed menu, I asked the budtenders opinions and he recommended some lemon haze (A strain which was on my "Must smoke" list) so I grabbed a gram of that for 13euro.

Dank lemon haze pictures inbound.

[​IMG]

Now, this was seriously some of the nicest bud i've smoked in my short smoking life, it tasted incredible and the high was perfect, a real chilled but energetic high at the same time, I could quite happily sit and relax, but I was cracking jokes and joining in with everyone else at the same time. We sat for a long time in the Bulldog, kept smoking and playing some board games (It was amazing). After about 2 hours of constant smoking we grabbed some snacks from behind the bar, damn they were good nachos. (Cost, 3euro.)

[​IMG]

We were pretty tired from all the travelling but decided that it was better to just carry on and make the most out of every day. The football (soccer) team I support were playing and surprisingly it was being shown in numerous bars, so we headed to one of them to watch the game.

It ended 1-1 with my team scoring late on, in the 86th minute. We kept on drinking and smoking till 11:30pm.

It was officially my birthday at 12:00pm, so we headed to the Red light district for the moment I turned 21. It was the second time i'd been there, and it was a great place to remember turning 21, we took loads of pictures and smoked a jay down by the canal, before deciding we'd hit up Burger King, and head back to the hostel. We planned on having an early start in order to make the most of my birthday.

I rolled my last jay in the hostel and finished off the 7g we bought that day.

[​IMG]

Day 2 will be coming up shortly, but i'm way too high to carry this on right now! Enjoy GC. :smoke::smoke:

2. Finally an update!

Awesome looking buds!
    Glad that you're having a great time!

REMEMBER G13!!!

3. This should be a cool thread. Have fun bro!

Also, that breakfast looks so damn tasty! Except for that charred circular thing...WTF is that??

4. Quoted for truth :hello:

Envious, I am, OP.

Have fun tomorrow

5. Thats really sick man have an awesome trip. Im 19 and hopefully for one of my upcoming birthdays I can have a trip like that.

6. try Ak-47. Its a great sativa.

7. Hey...keep up the story, I'm really enjoying your narrative. I was there in May and stayed across from Central Station at the Hotel Amrath. What a strange old Gothic place that is. It was an awesome hotel with free booze in the mini-bar, free internet and comfy beds. I love Amsterdam:hello:

8. Got some of this as top shelf.

1 gram blew my mind.
    Like literally.

9. What is that black stuff in your breakfast? Looks like someone burned a potato slice.

10. Haha its black pudding man :smoke::smoke:

11. blood.

12. Yup, Black pudding.

"a kind of black sausage made from minced pork fat, pig's blood"

Usually a staple of an English breakfast, thought few people I know like it.

13. Awesome. I love reading this, and it is inspiring me to take a trip to the weed capitol soon!

14. Also, is it easier to add my 2nd day blog to this thread? Or create a new thread?

15. Add it to this thread.

Just make a new post.
    I'll even delete this post so you get top post on page 2. :)

16. #17 architoker, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    well im gonna mess up that top of page 2 post with i thought (think) black pudding is quite delicious. :D

lookin forward to that next update, man. post up some info on your favorite coffeeshops! makes me really want to go back....

17. Most people don't like black pudding? Than why is it a main staple in English breakfast?lol

18. Haha it's a staple in the regard that it's always on there, if you order an "English breakfast" it's always included. However it's usually still on the plate when everything else is gone.

19. Was it left on your plate? & It must taste like shit than.:D