Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[TORONTO] Head Shops?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by myaku, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, first post :)

I'm going to Toronto tomorrow to search for a decent "water pipe" (I can't call them bongs in the shop, right?) Can anyone recommend me their favorite locations? The only store I've been to is the THC (Toronto Hemp Company) and although the shop and staff were siick, their prices weren't particularly impressive; I'm looking for better deals. I've been toking on and off for about 5 years, and I'm still a noob in most respects (I can't roll a joint or a blunt to save my life, and I don't know much about strains or implements).

I'm looking to buy a bong for around $100, a bubbler for around $50, and a pipe for around $40. I'd like to purchase all my items in a single trip, as I'm coming from out of town and parking is expensive. Also, what kind of bongs will give me the best hit? I've been told to avoid chokes and go for glass on glass slider with broad chambers.

So can anyone help me out :D? Much appreciated!

2. Hotbox Cafe in Kensington Market has everything you need.

Tommorow is also the G20 summit, are you trollin'?

3. Nah I'm actually going to protest, then it occured to me that I might as well pick up some swag along the way.

I've had a bunch of people tell me about the hotbox cafe...is it true you can blaze in there? If so, is there anyone who'll sell to me on-site, or point me in the right direction? I don't know any dealers in T.O, and I could seriously use some bud during the G20 protests!

4. sounds sketchy

5. #5 cheesemuffin, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
    Take the subway to Young and Bloor. Toronto hemp company (THC) is there as well as a few other low key head shops.
    A place called Jupiter Grass advertises on the radio i've never been inside but it sounds like a good place to check out.
    Jupiter Cannabis Shop

Take a look at the GEAR bongs. They are great Canadian made pieces
    :)

6. I'm good at NOT getting arrested, hehehe...

Thanks for the tips so far guys! Keep 'em coming! Definitely going down to Yonge and Bloor regardless to check out the progress on that new residential skyscraper(One Bloor, I think); the architecture for that thing is really something else.

7. I bought my bong at THC, I totally agree, way expensive. The Hotbox Cafe was amazing. My sister took me there for my 18th birthday. You can blaze on the outdoor patio aslong as you spend $4.20 on food. They also give you a wicked lighter. Usually some nights they have performers playing some Reggae chills music.

Roach-o-Rama Kensington Market Toronto Ont.

8. Well all i know is up in Mississauga In Square One mall theres a sick one called shefield and sons. Also by eglington and creditview theres a plaza with rosebrough convienence. They sell spoons and bongs to older lookin kids. I remeber i baught mine when i was 13, the day after my friend tried gettin one and the guy kicked him out! he was a year older than me doesnt matter im baked:smoking::smoking:

9. Place sounds great. When bud is legalized here I would love to open something like this.:eek:

10. I know of several, on the danforth by pape and donlands there is one that has some nice prices and the pieces look nice as well, not many name brand items there.

there is also one by coxwell and danforth called happy dayz and it has a large selection of bongs available.

if you walk along younge going down south by wellesly there are 2 more close to THC but THC will rape you on the prices, their hemp seed is $21 and it usually goes for 15-17 retail and $12 wholesale.

if you go by sacred seed there is a glass studio and they do custom bongs and pipes, pipes should be cheap and $40 could get you a nice hand made and local piece.

there is also one by spadina and bloor area its hard to remember exact locations because I walked aimlessly and found them all kinda by mistake lol but the ones close to downtown have higher prices.

11. They charge $50/hour for custom pieces and are owned by the same people as THC.

THC is a compelte rip off, way too expensive.

I prefer The Friendly Stranger, not the best prices, but the employees there are awesome. Always joking around with me, always super nice, because of this Friendly Stranger gets 90% of my business.

Though I'm pretty sure friendly stranger is right in the middle of the shitstorm that happened today. Fucking retards, protesting is cool, breaking random business windows is not. Burning the cop cars, that I understand, all the other random buildings... The fuck guys? THE FUCK!?

12. I knew it was the same people but didn't know the prices, a pipe doesn't take that long but I can see buying it premade much easier.

where is TFS located? it sounds familiar, is it the place where the headshop is downstairs?

13. Jesus Christ, let's hope you're actually protesting for the right reasons, and not further contributing to the embarrassing behaviour potrayed by idiots just wanting to blow shit up..

14. Friendly Stranger forsure :D

15. The Friendly Stranger.

My dad went there when he was a kid too aha.

16. #16 Frax, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    If you're looking to buy a really nice bong, head to Yongesterdam. Just north of Yonge and Dundas, there's the Toronto Hemp Company, and they stock Roor's, phX, illadelph, Hoss, and other high quality pieces. It's 3 floors, one floor is entirely glass pieces, one is clothing. I'm sure you can find something you like.

The Friendly Stranger is also a really cool place, but THC is generally a little better on prices.

17. Happy Dayz is sick. Huge wall, stacked with bongs. All dece priced.

18. flea market on mavis and you can go to streetsville a place called culture rising

19. Happy Dayz is boring as sh*t. It's all soft glass and their display cases are so empty.

You should check out The Dragon at Yonge and Steeles in Toronto. The new owner really turned things around. they have a full selection now.

thedragononline.com

20. Culture Rising is the best store in Mississauga or Streetsville to be more accurate. i love that place! The art there is cool too.