Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick help on rolling a j?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ammolite, Jun 11, 2010.

1. I just got into joints, after using a bong for months, and I really want to surprise my spouse with a joint I rolled when he wakes up.

Problem is, I can't get it tight enough. Am I just not using enough weed or am I taking too much time to "tuck" into the first roll?

Help appreciated.

2. before you tuck keep rolling the cyclinder in between your thumb and index finger to get nice tight shape. Not too tight though! once you get a nice shape, maybe a cone once u get more experienced, start by tucking the end and continue licking and tucking as you go down the joint. hope this helps!

3. Thanks for the quick response...I keep losing the tightness during the tuck. Shit.

4. dont be afraid to use some pressure it wont rip!

5. I think that some papers will, for inexperienced people. I've ripped my orange zigzag papers before trying to get it rolled tighter. I figured out pretty quickly how to keep from tearing, though. :)

6. I fail. *sob*.

7. If you keep thinking like that you will fail buddy...

To get the joint tighter, make sure you actually roll the joint instead of folding it at the beginning. If you have fingernails use your thumb nail to tuck the paper. Work the bud back and forward to get a circular shape and keep it tightly between your fingers

8. HeadySpaghetti made a really nice tutorial, check it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tikKjWsZiUg]YouTube - How To Roll A Perfect Joint[/ame]

9. I rolled my first hand rolled joint today, got all happy and rushed to smoke it. Wouldn't light properly and burnt half it in a second. :( I feel for you.

10. what you can do is, especially if your a beginner and want to make a good, functional joint, is to twist the end you are going to light, so that it closes and forms a little wick, and then any excess herb that falls out, you can use a paper and funnel it into the other side of your joint. If its still too loose after that, roll up a cardboard roachie and throw it into the end and push it in there a bit. This will keep you from ingesting fresh and/or burning herb.

11. Or just roll it with a filter/crutch already in it.

12. true, i prefer to do it at the end tho, that way if I dont want it as loose/tight as the roach, I can adjust it. But yes, doing it in the beginning works as well.

13. I never thought of it that way, you just half-way blew my mind.

14. Use the dollar bill method its really easy and makes a nice joint and you its good practice to understand what you have to do

15. Damn he is high as hell in that video but that's a nice tutorial.

16. Even if you end up with a loosely or not so tight joint, you can just tap the joint (the roach will be facing down) steadily on a flat surface (practical anything can be used; table, notebook, book and CD covers etc) till you think its tight enough and then you refill and repeat. You would take another minute or so at most to have an evenly burning tight joint.

17. Or pinch one end while holding it upside down and shake it to let gravity pack all the bud in. Make sure before you do this that you twist the other end so nothing falls out. Then either put in more weed and repeat or rip and/or bite off the leftover joint paper. Never pack weed in though, then it'll be too tight to even hit.

18. Definitely man. Both would do.

19. Just rolled my first hand joint. It worked well. :smoke: