Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Breaking up buds w/o grinder?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kutchie, May 15, 2010.

1. What's the best way? Recently got a new piece since my old one and grinder was lost. :hello:

2. shot glass + scissors...hack away!

3. If your loading a pipe, the bud does not have to be ground up real fine. Just break the nugs apart with your fingers.

4. If you have the stuff available, do this.

If not, then just break it up by hand. I do this for fun sometimes when I'm bored lol...takes longer, but it's enjoyable :smoking:.

5. I just use my fingers. But I just got a really nice grinder so no more fingers for me!

6. I use my grinder almost every time I smoke, my buddy just breaks his up with his fingers.

Different strokes

7. I usually vape which requires the weed to be ground finer than what you'd need for a pipe. But I've found that I can grind it finer with my fingers than with a grinder. First, break off the amount of weed you want to use. Then rip it apart with your fingers until the pieces are too small to do that anymore. Then put the small pieces in between two fingers and rub your fingers together. The weed should then crumble into really fine pieces. No grinder necessary.

8. Slapchops work well

9. yeah my new piece is much smaller so it has a much smaller bowl, so i want to grind it up good so i can get the most out of it.

10. if its only a small bit for a few day's then fingers are fine, scizors if you're worried about losin that 0.03.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA]YouTube - DJ Steve Porter featuring Vince Offer - "Slap Chop Rap"[/ame]

12. fuckin eh, shot glass and scissors plus like 25 mins and you can pretty much grind a nice bud into powder.

13. Whats a slapchop? I believe they are called cock shots

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfYijyWMAjo]YouTube - Cock Shot[/ame]

To the op. Fingers. I personally like breaking my bud up with my hands.

Unless your vaping or rolling. Then ill use my magic bullet or my coffee grinder

14. I like breaking mine up, cause it gives me time to examine my bud and see how dry it is before my smoke. Plus, i like having tons of tricromes on my fingers :hello:

15. You're probably losing a lot of thc this way, oils on the fingers can absorb resin glands.
    There's nothing wrong with breaking up your weed, just learn how to do it while touching the weed as little as possible. Sometimes with the topshelf medical stuff I get, I only break it up, grinded weed doesn't look as good.

16. I prefer them on my bud to on my fingers, but maybe that's just me...:rolleyes:

17. qft

also sham fucking wow

18. You can use a small shallow dish or even a shotglass and a pair of small scissors(I find that nail/cuticle scissors work very well!) just make sure all tools are Clean. Try to cut it up evenly and avoid touching it with your skin.

19. I just use my sharp scissors.

20. x2

Cut it up into little sections and then they just crumble apart. :)