Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokebuddy Air Filter (Product)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by barrel roll, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago, I saw an advertisement on High Times for the Smokebuddy.The website claims that this personal air filter turns smoke into smokeless, odorless air. I've used plastic bottles filled with paper towels and drier sheets but they don't work as well as I'd like them to. I want to know if anyone has had any sort of experience with this product and if so to share their thoughts on it. How well does it work? Does it produce any visible smoke?

2. I really don't see what your problem is. I'm not trying to advertise the product or anything if you thought that's why I posted this. I'm encouraging people to share their opinions. I haven't found any information on it other than on the manufacturer's website. I legitimately want to to know if this product works since I don't want to throw down money on something and then find out its a piece of shit.

3. hes just a paranoid stoner, buy that shit and let us know...i doubt any of us have purchased one.

4. Just make a sploof, at the low low cost of 2 dollars. :eek:

5. What is this?

I don't smoke "Tabacco"
    Better question is, what is "Tabacco?"

6. haha XD

But anyways just buy it and let us know, or make a sploof, they work fine for me.

7. Yo, Barrel Dude, I just got back from the THC Expo in LA. While there I got a 4In One(grinder, stash, one hitter, lighter, poker) and a Smoke Buddy. I went to my friends booth( Kaliwoodonline.com ), they were busy with customers so I sat at the back of the booth with my back to them. I toked down 5 one hitters and used the Smoke Buddy. No one knew a thing. I got a new buddy and I recommend you do too. :hello:

8. *Cough cough*

9. due to their low number of posts i believe that "barrel roll" and "cautions" are the same person trying to advertise

PS: I like how the smoke buddy is for tobacco and theres a little rasta stripe in the top left corner

And it says TABACCO not tobacco FAIL

10. what is the coincidence that someone with 2 posts is back up by someone with only one post ????? i smells me and advertiser !!!! :devious::smoking:

11. ^this

12. This will go down in GC history as the smokebuddy conspiracy.

13. Looks like a toy grenade where you can put your weed in.

14. #15 Acid Raindrops, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    It's not even a conspiracy... People do it all the time because they can get away with it. (Proxy sites)
    It's just odd how most of these threads like this, the OP is obviously being extra detailed to get someone interested, then they have another person with 1-10 posts come in to back them up. I highly doubt someone would just HAPPEN across this thread about a product NONE of us reputable users have even heard of, then they just HAPPEN to decide to go through the work of creating an account and even going through the work of verifying their e-mail just to say a couple more good things about this unknown product.

You might think you're intelligent trying to act all defensive in a mature way as if you're just some poor bullyed customer just trying to get a legit review, but I see right through it..

Lets just speak hypothetically and say the product did work (and there is not even any detail on how this product works oh so magically more over something like a carbon sploof) I still don't appreciate phonies. Wow, be a legit company, if this product actually works don't come in here trying to act like you're somebody you're not. Lying to me isn't gonna make me respect this product more and seeing how you have to lie to get sales, it just proves how shit this product must really be.

15. I'm interested in the answers to those questions. The smoke buddy looks perfect for me. I saw a review from mmjbootcamp: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6ooC4Z3Dk]YouTube - Bootcamp-Product Review: Smoke Buddy[/ame]

It looks like it would be useful for me, if someone has used it before I need to know if it fully eliminates all smoke and odors (for tobacco too) and how long it lasts.

16. i actually own(ed) one of these things. i bought it for like 7.50 or some shit from my lhs. i worked really well for about 3 months of daily smoking, and then it got harder to blow my hits into it. like it was clogged. this annoyed me and made me realize that a sploof is cheaper and almost as effective. my friend and i wound up smashing the smoke buddy in my driveway. its thick fabric filters encasing a center of activated carbon. but it got all mucked up and stopped working.

17. Oh wow, $20 is a rip off then. I don't find any sploof to work perfectly after a few sessions so 3 months is good for me but only if I can find it for a better price. I was hoping to use this to smoke at my desk instead of my washroom.

18. Relax friends, no big conspiracy going on here. I thought you all were interested in quality products. Oh well. I'll enjoy mine as I will, bye-bye.

19. #20 EA2kKing83, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    I got the smoke buddy and I use it with my bong all day and it pones smoke, but I am noticing the difficulty of smoke going through the more time passes, as the aggressive gentlemen described. I like it, but I would only pay $6.99+ shipping next time. Like the guy in the video said, "4.75 out of 5", precise. Now, here in Oakland I saw a carbon filter at a headshop that was the size of a milk jug and that thing was like $30 bucks. I will have to check that out, it appears to be a more superior product. All do respect to the makers of smoke buddy, they were the first ones to have a product like this on the market. Hopefully new inovators give us a better product nationwide over the net like the dudes in Oakland that got the right stuff on the shelf.

Unless you make decent coin and can afford to drop $18.99 +shipping on a new smoke buddy, take your money to a place that sells a product with more filter in it, or better yet a spoof with carbon filter and find out whats in the smoke buddy fabric, Then, cut the bottom of a milk jug and stuff it, lastly get an old shirt and slip it over the open end and duct tape that sh$%. I bet thet mf#$ will last over a year. Smoke buddy's gonna die out of business, ahahah! Unless they can too be inovators, for now they are idiots. WHAT?!?

AHAHAHAHA
    still got my smoke buddy, add ice to your bong to get even cleaner exhale, maybe prolong use of smoke buddy.