Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who's got the diagrams of MFLB???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dragonriot, Mar 18, 2010.

1. So really... I went out and bought all the parts to build a Magic Flight Launch Box... and everything cost me about $15.00... Not saying the Launch Box isn't a worth while product to buy, just sayin they guy is charging $100 for something that costs $15.00 to produce... That's good Bizniss Sense. I'm gonna end up buying one anyway, just for the lifetime warranty, but since I have all the necessary parts to build one, I figured I might as well... So has anyone taken apart their Launch Box and measured everything just for reproduction value? It would be badass if someone could post blown-up pics of a Launch Box so I can duplicate it... Then again, I could just build the damn thing from scratch, but I am having trouble with getting the screen to properly heat up... the wire heats up at the battery terminal instead of transferring the heat through the wire to the screen. Perhaps I need a better contact at the screen, or more resistance? Possibly more contact at the negative side of the battery, as I haven't stripped the coating off yet.

2. I've been reading that for a while, but thank you for the link... I think I'm getting to the point where I can really start on assembly soon. I'm still working on the wood block, I don't feel using a chunk of 2x4 is really what I want to do with it...

I just posed a question on the reddit thread for the same link you just gave... What if you use solid copper 1/8" wire (grounding wire) and a .006 bronze screen instead of steel core copper coated wire and 304 stainless steel screen... Also, what about using a pure copper screen... is the steel in the screen what causes the resistance to change enough that the screen heats up instead of the wires? In my testing, the positive terminal of the battery gets too hot to touch after about 5 seconds, but the screen isn't really all that hot. (I'm using Bronze) But you also have to take into consideration that the contact with the screen is not very solid yet, and I need to find a way to bond the wires to the screen, as the original uses no solder or welding wire.... the screen is physically bonded to the wires.

3. #4 abnormldood, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    DONT USE COPPER, it's extremely bad for your lungs, which is why it isn't used in smoking devices! Stainless steel and brass are fine so long as you make sure it's of good quality and have removed anything that it may be treated with. My guess is that you are not creating a good path for current or there is a short, which is why it's getting to such a high temp.

4. The Magic Flight Launch Box uses copper wires, just like I am... it's completely safe... the melting point of copper is 1900 degrees... I don't think a AA battery can heat up the wires to that temperature. Below 800 degrees, there's no vaporization of the metal, so I'm not worried about health effects. My question was more about using a bronze (copper 90/zinc 10) screen instead of the stainless steel screen.

I'm not actually getting to a very high temp on the screen, only on the wire at the positive terminal...

Attached Files:

• vape.png
      vape.png
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views: