Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seizure from Bong hit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PackItAgain, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Hi I'm new to the forum. I've been smoking for 11 months now. Today I took a second pretty big bong hit. After smoking I don't like to swallow my spit so I got up real fast and spit into the trash. I felt very dizzy when I sat back down. And then I don't remember. I felt like I was in a dream and I felt that I was shaking, but I couldn't stop. My friend then shook me and asked me if I was ok and then I remember sitting up and saying what and I looked down and I was drooling. He said I was shaking and my eyes were above my head. I then got pretty scared and just lay downed until my high went away. Can someone tell me what happened? I'm still a bit freaked out...

2. You took a big rip with a low tolerance,
    What you described is not a seizure, you just got really high
    /thread

3. It is possible you had a mild seizure but whether is was because of the bud or not is debatable. Also you could have blacked out or feinted.

4. lol stick to bowls for now?

5. Sure the bud wasn't laced with nuffin?

6. you took a big hit with a low tolerance and it went straight to the dome lmao ull b fine you now know what it feels like to get really high really fast :hello:

7. Dude, chillax. You just smoked some decent Marijuana that's all.

8. People do not have seizures from smoking pot. It migh have been laced but if not... Your blood sugar more than likely plummetted and caused a seizure. I usually feel light headed after a pretty big hit...carry hard candy, or orange juice with you when you feel light headed or haven't eaten in awhile.

9. just because someone got really high doesnt mean we should jump to the conclusion that its laced.

you got high. really high. simple, no?

10. If your eyes rolled back and you were shaking i would say thats not just being really high. My guess would be that from the bong hit and then quickly standing up might have made the blood rush from your head and you were lacking oxygen. Just a guess though. Low blood sugar can do that too like already said. I had a buddy who had a lot of seizures and he has his first one when smoking weed. Even the paramedics said there was no way the pot caused it.

11. you took a huge hit and didnt have much oxygen and probably like someone said before the blood rush to your head from standing up quickly, it doesnt suprise me your fainted tbh just be more careful next time sit there and breathe a little before u get up and walk around.

12. White out is the term I believe. No serious damage, but be careful.

Anytime you pass out brain cells die.

13. you got high as fuck

14. when i started smoking my body would twitch a lot, mostly in my legs and eye lids, but that stopped happening. marijuana also can cause paranoia, which probably caused you to think that you were having a seizure when you were twitching out. or you coulda been having one, idk im not a doctor, just a patient :smoke:

15. Kinda grabs you by the boo boo, don't it?

16. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_O-EBjVrk"]YouTube - High as Fuck[/ame]

17. all these people on here try to play stuff down. but you had a seizure. you might actually want to go to the doctor and get stuff checked out and tell him what happened. doctor-patient confidentiality.

18. nice sig lcm. you do that?

19. Man this is insane... this EXACT same thing happened to me last night and today. Last night I just thought I was really high because my body was numb and buzzing and it was insane.. but then when it happened today I realized I was actually blacking out or passing out or something because when I woke up there was drool all over my face and a huge drool spot on my bed where I seshing. Very concerning shit. The same thing has been happening a lot recently and i'm sometimes forced to fight it off.

20. The things you tell this person is absolutely bullshit! You can get seizures from smoking the bong. I have been smoking for about ten years. About two years ago, I started to get the seizures. Not all the time, but often after being stressed out or tired. It has nothing to do with standing up to fast, or taking a biiiiig hit! (Cause I often sit, and dont get up before I catch my breath again) It just happens, once in a while.
    The first times it happened I got a little confused, but after theese years I`ve learnt to cope with it. I usually smoke a joint before I try the bong. This often works out fine, and I get away with only a bit tingling.
    It is nothing I can do to make it stop (besides quit smoking maybe). I dont have the answears why this happens, but as I said my conclution is that it happens when I am stressed or exhausted.
    In difference from the first times, I now know when it is coming, and I found the best way to stop it, is to relax the best you can. If I try to move the seizure keeps on going, making the hole body trembling, the eyes go in to the head and so on...
    (You dont necessarily get any higher or stoned by getting theese seizures)
    That is my experience!

I`m still alive tho... so far....

And yeah! Ive been to the doctor, but they didnt find anything... I`m perfectly normal.. sort of.. ;p