Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you get in trouble if..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mr.bong, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Is it possible to get in trouble if you ask a "dealer" for weed and they turn out to be a cop, but you never directly asked for "weed" itself?

I mean, I realise that they don't expect you to say "Excuse me sir, may I purchase a gram of your finest Cannabis?" but if you were to ask for weed using a slang term which isn't recognised/they've never heard before will you get in trouble?

I mean something along the lines of a local codename which police are unaware of, something totally random and non-drug related. Say I was to ask if they had any WWII mini submarine replicas(stupid example I know), they'd have no chance of getting me in trouble right? It would never get to the stage where I pull out cash, because they don't actually carry drugs, correct?

Or is it just "you're in a known drug selling area asking for merchandise. You now have no rights, please bend over and proceed to be fucked by the law".

This is just a hypothetical question, I was wondering what your thoughts on it would be as fellow smokers.

2. well if you use something that outlandish i don't think they will say much, but if it was me, i would only pull out cash once I saw the "dealer" smoke whatever they offer selling. if they don't smoke, don't even offer to buy. just my two cents tho

3. eh I'm more talking street dealers, the kind where the transaction only lasts a minute at most, enough for you to check out the stuff, make sure it's enough and give them the cash.

I agree with the no smoking, no buying rule though when it's indoors, but I've only had to do this once as my ex-best friend(Not through a fight or anything, we just kinda drifted apart when he changed schools) and one of my best school mates are both dealers. :)

4. :smoking::smoking:Ok so I'm getting the impression that you're asking these questions because you don't have a connection and your possibly planning on hitting someone up in public. If I'm wrong I apologize but if not I can help. I have done this many time with great success often on the first try, and mind you this is in a city where no one sells weed on the corner and so forth. First thing you what to do is relax if you live in the states you can't get arrested for asking to buy weed off some guy. Next pick a location to stake out some of the ones I've used in the past are the local head shops, and gas station (these work the best) the gettoer the better. Head shops are often iffy because most stoners are already a little paranoid going in and out of these places to begin with I was once successful while on vacation in Florida with this tactic I waited for the guy to exit the store (always a must never ask when they're on their way in) pipe screens in hand and hit him up its all in the way you ask if the guy looks like a hippy type white dude than use slang that this type of guy may use and if it's a thug type gangsta don't be afraid to use some hip-hop lingo you heard on the radio just don't overdo it example “say man can I ask you a question? (Don't seem to timed) “You think I could buy a bowl or two off you?” or “you know where I could get some bud?” just sit in you ride outside the getto gas station and wait for someone to buy blunt wraps, cigs, or beer, that looks like they smoke and ask away don't get discouraged you will defiantly find someone. Finding a dealer that will sell to some stranger that hit him up in front of the gas station is kinda hard. Even though you know that this tatted up sketchy cat with 24'' rims on his 23 year old car sells something. He is less likely to take this risk on someone he doesn't know. rather than focusing on finding a dealer try for someone in your position (the end user) you can usually tell by their reaction to the first thing you ask them, just read their face if they know where or have a sac on em you'll be able to tell. If you feel like they do follow it up with “yea man I can't get a hold of my guy and I'm just tryin to get high.” Followed by an offer after all you got to get them to relate to you I know we have all been there. Follow this up with an offer letting them know you're the one taking the risk “I'll give you 5 bucks for a bowl” or ill trade you a beer for a bowl.” I can't tell you how many times this worked and after you find a guy with weed then you work on getting him to get you a sac or to hook you up with his connect sometimes he is the connect. It's a lot like a sales job don't be a afraid to be pushy if you have established that they smoke. You can offer to give then most of the sack if they can hook you up with one or get you the connect but don't ask for a connect (a dealers number) until they have gotten or are getting you the stuff and boom your off to the races. Just don't act like a pussy or get discouraged if someone you ask looks down there nose at you after all you don't have shit on you I meen if you did you wouldn't be asking right!!!!!!!!!:wave:

5. I've got two dealers at the moment, but no worries :)
    I'm going to be moving overseas in a few months and since there are a thousand things you need to do before being cool with a dealer(making friends etc.) I figure unless I'm able to find a street dealer I'll be totally dry for a long while :(

Thanks for that, I never thought of hanging outside a service station would work but it makes sense.
    I've thought of asking someone who's around a headshop but it's always seemed sketchy to me 'cos it's the first place the cops would expect. By the way, why wouldn't you ask someone going INTO a headshop, what's the difference?

Cheers for the info, the only problem I can see is that I look a bit young to be hanging around a headshop or a petrol station, and most dealers who first do business with me try to rip me off because of this, it doesn't normally make a difference 'cos I can just tell them to piss off but in this situation they'll probably just drive away if they can't rip me.