Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cornering the bowl guide.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pnoygangsta, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Most apprentice tokers might not know about cornering the bowl. I would show pics but I don't have a camera so I'm just gonna try to explain it as best as I can.
    The point is not to torch all the weed at once. It wastes weed and since ash is on the top it becomes harder to hit all that good stuff underneath

Take the pipe/bong, and light the lighter.

Imagine the bowl to be cut up like a pie, in 4 or 5 pieces.
    Look at the bowl and imagine those grid lines

Find the slice that you wanna hit. Light the lighter

Very lightly touch the flame to the slice. Put it close to the edge of the bowl, nowhere near the middle.

Suck lightly, not too hard or the flame will automatically be drawn to the middle of the bowl.

As soon as its lit withdraw the flame, don't keep the flame there. Once that little slice is lit withdraw the lighter.

Take in that hit and breathe in.

Practice makes perfect. This concept may be hard to grasp at first but its common stoner ettiquette so its best to learn it. Hope you enjoyed!:wave:

2. Good job bro rep+

3. lololol

ive made people learn the hard way by spitting up my finger and baptizing a bowl.. no way theyll smoke all that:smoking:

4. My guide:

Dont light the whole bowl with the lighter.
    Repeat.

5. I hate when people torch a whole bowl, especially if they didnt pack it, or if they just threw a few bucks towards it, its just disrespectful.

6. me and and buddies never corner the bowl, we just let that shit cherry

7. Beat me to it.

It's not a complicated process, why have 7 steps?

8. i haven't even heard of that shit before coming here... who cares?

9. Just about every other stoner....

10. For sure, didn't know about it before I came here. Now, if you don't do it in our circle, you'll get kicked

11. To OP I have several questions:
    1) Why did I light the lighter in step one and step 3 as well. Do I have three hands? Two lighters?
    2) What is the correct time to un-light my lighter(s)? Should it remain lit between hits?
    3) I was always told that circles don't have any corners. Why is it called cornering the bowl?

Thanks for all the help, but your guide has just left me more confused thus far.

But seriously cool guide, I just think you have 6 steps too many.

12. Well the guide helped me. I have this little wooden pipe that I tried smoking from once and I think I ended up scorching the bud inside to ash. And now I know to suck lightly and everything. So thanks.

13. Great guide my friend and if you'd like me to send you a few pics to add on just shoot me a pm.

14. Great guide.. I hate people who can't corner

15. I know this guy that ALWAYS torches the ENTIRE god damned bowl when I'm smoking with him. And that's why I never smoke with him anymore.

So for all you new smokers: CORNER THE BOWL.

16. Haha, sorry about that, I just wanted to make it super detailed for new smokers, I didn't even realize I repeated myself.

17. ok i've been smoking for about 6yrs now. Bongs, pipes, bowls, spoons, blunts, spliffs, joints, vaporizers you name it i've prob smoked it. I've smoked with A LOT of different people and this is the first time i hear about this cornering bowl guide. Who cares? Cherry that shit, and pass it :smoking:

18. nice guide, i already understood how to corner but this helped me understand a bit better +rep aswell.

19. Though cornering is not essential, it does save the green and allows a fresher taste of your bud in subsequent hits

Plus if I can't finish the whole bowl in one session, can save up more greens for a later session

20. stupid thread