Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Misdemeanor marijuana and paraphernalia possession

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hugh_Jazz, Nov 4, 2008.

1. I didn't really know where the best place to stick this thread was so I chose here since I'm new to the site.

I was charged with misdemeanor marijuana and paraphernalia possession today. I live in middle Tennessee. I'm 19. This is my first offense I'm a little over whelmed by the severity of it all.

My court date will be in Dec. Here are my questions.

Will this show up on my record and be found by future employers? If so, how much will it effect my ability to get a job and for how long does it stay on my record?

Is there a chance of getting off with just a warning? It was less than a gram of marijuana.

Anyone with some experience in this situation, your answers will be greatly appreciated.

I can't believe how much trouble you can get in for just a little bud. Its ridiculous.

2. yes it will be on your record if convicted. when you fill out a job app you will have to say misdemeanor and state what its for. but if you pass the company drug test they shouldnt really have a problem because it is a non violent "crime" and does not involve theft or anything. because of the small amount and assuming you have a clean record you may just get a fine. i would call a local lawyer for the best advice. they always know these things.

this might help you a little more http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4565

good luck! :bongin:

3. Hey. I got arrested on those charges in December, and got convicted in April. I live right out side Indianapolis, IN and in the county I was in, they come down on you pretty hard for that. I got 1 year probation, 15 hours community service and a 8 hour drug class. Try to get a good lawyer. I paid $750 for mine, but he cut me a deal since he's my dads best friend. As long as I get all my dues paid by April and I don't go to jail, my charges will be dropped for good. Talk to your lawyer about that.

As for jobs, yeah employers will see that. I had trouble getting a good job. I work in a factory and a machine operator and make kick ass money ,and I deliver pizzas part time. It wont be impossible to find a good job, you just have to look.

4. Yeah, I didn't even have an eighth. And since I was in a hotel room with a guy twice my age, I almost got hit with protitution charges.

5. Wow thats really harsh even then. I have already planned to speak with a lawyer. This is so crazy! I can't believe there's not a million more serious things to prosecute people for than marijuana.

6. Sometimes they just need to make that quota. lol, you just happened to be the easiest target.. I would have eaten that shit if the police showed up but thankfully i've gone medical since then. :)

7. there is.. thats why its so fucked up that while all we wanna do is relax and have a good time, crack heads roam the streets unscathed robbing people and make the world a worse place

8. It all depends on the judge dude, so theres no telling, but you're most likely going to get probation, fines, community service, suspended license all that jazz = slap on the wrist

and its really not all that serious bro you'll be alright.

9. when I got arrested I went through a diversion pprogram and had to go to classes and community service and pay a fine but they took it off my record

10. I used to live in Wilson county and was arrested for misdemeanor possession and paraphernalia a year or two ago and just recently got off probation. It was also my first offense and I had under a gram of weed as well.

I pleaded guilty to the charges in court on the condition that my record would be expunged after a year of probation (get a lawyer if you can).

Yes, employers and anyone who runs a background check on you can find out for the rest of your life assuming it stays on your record. If you have any questions let me know, I've had experience with middle TN law enforcement.. heh.

11. op how did this end? 

12. hasnt been on since 2008. he got 4 life sentences rip :/