Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fresh Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cheehwawa, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Is it possible to smoke weed right off the plant without it being of some greater health hazard than dried weed? I heard that it would give you a lung disease like if you were to smoke wet/moldy weed (because its not dried out)

Could I smoke it out of my lightbulb vap without worrying about anything?

2. Let it dry in a dark spot, whats the rush?

3. It is not nearly as potent until it's properly dried and cured. Proper curing also eliminates much of the harsh chlorophyl and other components that make quickly dried weed so harsh.

Don't waste good bud by smoking it without at least a quick water cure and thorough drying.

4. I have no idea how to cure/dry it or anything, my bro's "hippie" friend is giving him about an eigth of fresh buds off his purp plant for his bday and my bro is unfortunatley hellbent on smoking it right when he gets home. Any tips on how I can convince him to wait a while and cure it?

5. tell him he's wasting what would be good bud by doing that

6. Hang the buds or lay them on a screen in a dark place that has a fairly constant temperature and some gentle airflow. You do not want a fan or anything blowing on them.

After a week or so when the stems start to snap when bent stick them in a paper bag for a week or two. Open the bag daily and gently, gently move the buds around. After that stick them in jar. Again, open daily so you get fresh air.

The main danger is mold. If you see any mold throw that bud away immediately and back up a step in the drying process (i.e. from jar to bag or from bag to open drying).

7. Its his bday, buy him an 8th of normal bud and tell him to smoke the fresh stuff when it cures.

8. Undried buds will be less than half as potent as dried buds, as a large portion of the THC has not decarboxylated yet. It's like drinking beer that hasn't finished fermenting, to use an analogy.

9. Bathe in nair

10. But is it unhealthy?

11. I can't imagine it being all that great for your lungs and throat. There are lots of harsh compounds that decompose during curing.

It's a waste of weed, period. It's his bday present though and if he wants to be foolish that's his right.

12. hey dude im in similar situation i am growing it myslef and uhh the crystalls just look so beautiful and i wanna smoke it rite away before it gets time to pick so i know what to expect, heres the thing tho i think i still will smoke a nug but the thing is its not mature yet and the buds are barley forming a "Big Nug" form?? .. i am going to take a branch from the bottom and i guess the true question is CAN I SMOKE FRESH HERB RIGHT FROM PLANT TO BOWL ,,,, AND WILL IT HURT MY PLANT thats the last thing i would ever want to do