Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. I got around the dreaded hair test. I started going bald a few years ago so I shave my head. I had 30 days notice for the test, so I shaved my chest and armpits with a #1 clipper. I'm a casual smoker and take vicodin on the reg. After doing some research, I was stressing the fuck out about the hair test. I went straight edge for a month and figured I would take a chance. At the clinic yesterday the tech told me that they needed at least an inch and a half of hair to sample, so I took a urinalysis instead!!!! It's a celebration Bitches!!!!!!!!!!

2. As far as I know pubic hair is off-limits unless it's court-ordered. I live in Michigan, don't know if different clinics do the test differently. It's a huge relief after a month of anticipation, I was so worried that I kept job searching just in case I failed. Now it's time for a treat...FTW

3. This is definitely not true for all clinics / methods. They do NOT need 1.5" of hair. They only need enough to pull the hair tight and snip as close to the root as possible. .75" or 1.0" would work just as well for ability to go forward with a hair test, which would still reveal more than a urinalysis. You were lucky, for sure. :hello:

They're certainly not going to take your pants off [... without your consent! ;)], but they have been known to ask people to step into a private room and remove it from themselves. At that point, you would whoop out a bag of your spouse's or friend's pubes and insert into the drug tester's bag.

4. #2864 grimcreeper, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    Hey guys, thanks for all the info here. I am probably going to have to take a HFT in a week or two and haven't seen any info on my situation. I am 6ft 260 kinda muscular male with 2 inch regular brown hair. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy smoker, but take 1 to 3 small hits a night of decent quality stuff, about an eighth a month. I have smoked for about a year this way, with about two months off in the middle. I have lost over 50 lbs in the last 6 months by working out and doing an ECY stack twice a day every dAy. I actually do a double dose each time too ( don't warn me about it, I have a high tolerance). I also have been using t gel extra strength about 2 or 3 times a week during this also. I have a decently high metabolism too. I have done the Mac method 8 times already, and also use a highly chlorinated hot tub once or twice a week. I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago. This is for a new job with double the pay. Anyone care to take a stab at my situation? I will say that I have taken urine tests before, and within a week of not smoking I have passed. Any info helps. Thanks.

5. Thanks POOP...I did a lot of research online and found the best info by far on this site. If I ever have to take another hair test I'm going to just stay clean and save myself all the stress.

6. #2866 P00P, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    It appears that I'm full of it.

I got my results --> 0.2 pg
    Threshold cut-off --> 0.1 pg

It appears that the hair analysis company has just changed their threshold cut-off within the past 6 months or so. It used to be 0.2 pg, which means I would have been right at the threshold and who knows whether or not I would have passed.

I only did 2 bleaches and 1 redye, but I am fairly confident that if I had enough time (just one more day?) to do 2 MORE bleaches and 1 MORE redye, I would have been able to pass.

Also, I would have perhaps not used conditioner until the very last step. Even though I used baking soda to open the cuticles back up, the conditioner to make my hair feel better was likely a mistake.

Oh well... better luck next time, I guess. Good thing I simply didn't get the job instead of lose it. That would have been far worse for me, I imagine.

0.1 pg, though?!?! Srsly???

Cocaine, Meth, Opiates, etc. are all tested at 300.0 pg???? That's ridiculous.

Basically, from my experience... anything can be cleansed out of your system if you have a full TWO days to do it. One may work if you are a light user, but two days will do miracles.

7. If you know you're going to face a hair test, shave your head, do some manscaping, get clean and commit to it. It's a lot easier than subjecting yourself to these complex, dubious and painful home remedies. I thought that the tester would be suspicious of my lack of body hair, he didn't ask why I shaved my pits and was happy that he didn't have to do another hair test. Do some research, know what you're up against and talk to people that have been through it. Dreams can come true...

8. Sorry its kinda late replying to this now, but your plan seems pretty good, I would say the bleach/re-dye is whats going to help you the most, along with whatever number of Mac treatments you did earlier, it will very likely drop your levels below cut off given your low usage.. all hair tests are pretty close, some will claim that they have special patents that others dont have which is mostly BS just to convince employers to go for their service over other providers, the only main diff is the cut off levels.. i.e hairconfirm has a cut off level of 500 for coke where psychemedics has a cut off level of 300 resulting in more positive results compared to other labs, thats how they get more positives than others and not anything magical about their tests..

Again I hope its not too late for this but just so you know, it is a good thing to detox your body for a hair test esp if you have more time to detox bc you speed up the expulsion of the drug metabolites from your system meaning less of it will be entering your hair but at the same time, these toxins are entering the part of the hair closest to the scalp which will likely not be included in your hair sample they take(they cut as "close" to the scalp as they can) so technically it wouldnt really matter much unless you have a longer time window to cleanse your hair and body but its not as effective for short notice hair tests... So while that part of the hair closest to the scalp might grow out with some toxins in it you are still cleansing the top part of the hair which is the part they take for testing, and the more treatments you do the cleaner that part gets which is what you want in the end! Let me know how it goes..

I just did my test today, will write an update once my results come in..

9. Congrats!!!! :hello:

10. #2870 cronbud, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss :(

What you read from all these threads is mainly for removing THC and its metabolite from your hair, coke on the other hand is a completely different ball game, its the hardest drug to remove from hair esp if your orig hair color is black/dark brown..... to remove it you need something way stronger than the home remedies you mentioned, they will only help with THC removal and perhaps other light drugs and very little effect on high coke usage....

It sounds like we have similar amounts of coke in our systems, I have black hair, and did close to 10 Mac methods(same home remedies you listed here) and I still tested positive for coke... However, after I purchased HairRazor my levels went down below the cut off levels after repeating the treatments multiple times, I would highly recommend that you drop everything in your list and go straight to (passitkit.com) and read the info on that site to get a better idea of what I mean about coke and how nasty it is to get out of your hair compared to other drugs, and go for a free consultation on that website to find out how many treatments you will need, THEY KNOW THIS STUFF INSIDE OUT, TRUST ME!!!! but from your usage history you need at least 2 bottles of their treatment (~$110 shipped) Their product is 400 times more powerful than baking soda and other remedies.. If you didnt have the coke in your system or did smaller amount of coke I would say go for the home remedies you mentioned but its not worth taking a risk... and with HairRazor you will NOT need anything else applied to your hair, you may need a final bleach and re-dye after you complete the required amount of treatments.. They can overnight the products if you are in a rush for extra 40$ I believe...

Best of luck!!

11. #2871 mike1211, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
    Hello everyone ..

A brief history of why I'm posting here today: I've been unemployed now for 6 months and today landed a dream career job. my heart just about sank out of my body when they told me I would need to take a hair test I've spent the past 6 hours researching how to pass it. my past drug history is this, I smoked 2 hits of Mary Jane in about 2 weeks ago. that is my only cannabis intake in the last 9 months. up until about a month ago I was taking opiods which I have a prescription for so those are not a problem. I have used small amounts of heroin periodically in between opioid prescriptions. the last time being about 3 weeks ago and was about a half of gram. I am now currently taking suboxin which is also prescribed to me. it really sucks that I've made the choices to clean my life up and now that I caught a break and got this great job my past may still come back to haunt me and I may have to pay the price for it. I desperately need this job. I'm working on a very limited budget right now so the overpriced online shampoos are pretty much out of the question for me. does anyone have any suggestions of exactly what I should do? currently I'm considering the G Man method minus the Nexus aloe treatment because you even if I could find it online I can afford 100 dollars. my test is scheduled for next week Tuesday the 23rd. I have relatively very thin hair that is about 1 and a half inches long. any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated !!!!! I'm not so worried about the pot I think the G Man Method will take care of that but I'm very concerned about the heroin. I'd say I used it at least 3 or 4 times in the last 3 months. also does anyone know that since I have prescriptions for opiods to be in me if that'll be different than the heroin? my prescriptions were for oxymorphone oxy codone and dillaudid.
    I have a really messed up back from an accident and that's how I got addicted to the pain killers. Thanks everyone

12. #2872 mike1211, Oct 17, 2012
    I forgot to add that I am also planning on bleaching with 40 volume and re dying at least twice... do I use 40 volume bleach or 40 volume peroxide? Also,i did manage to find out that they send the tests to somewhere in california for whatever that's worth... thanks again

13. does anyone kno if you can use a different type of detergant other than tide? I have some natural stuff we get at Costco i just did that and am now trying the baking soda thing. i have about 14 days til I MUST have my hair test done. and does it get rid of opiates too? i am so worried been freakin for days. :eek: my freedom depends on this. thank you! :wave:

14. oh yes and i have hair that is about half way down my back, never dyed. should i bleach it too? should i cut it? what should i do?? anyone please i need advice badly and quickly. should i also clean out my system too? ive been drinking lots of water, cranberry juice, taking vitamins... and im gonna start working out tomorrow, i stay pretty active anyways, but still am on the heavier side. i weigh about 165 and am 5'5. PLEASE HELP!!

15. #2875 liltkid, Oct 17, 2012
    Hey everyone i have a drug test coming soon and i was wondering how to pass im 5"10 and 195 pounds i used to smoke about half a gram each day for about 9 months vap and bong and i haven't smoke for 2 months the first 10 days i detox and i work out 3 times a week do you think i can pass?
    someone please help me trying to get my dream job :\

16. Any ideas will be helpful..

Hair test is in 4 days.

Previously a heavy, heavy smoker, clean now for approx. 100 days.

A lot of detox (heavy vitamin regiment, bikram yoga, antioxidant pills for 60 days).
    (5'11'', 170, physically fit, med to fast metabolism)

Passed home urine test after 75 days, and yesterday.

Washing everyday with Nexxus aloe rid.

Going to use clear choice shampoo/conditioner day of the test.

Any additions I should make to ensure safety? (vineagar wash, zydot, etc?)

Thanks!

- Fidelitas :wave:

17. I could be wrong but after trading through this entire post I don't think anyone really knowledgeable has been answering posts on these questions for quite awhile.:( sorry if I'm incorrect on that

18. Well my urine was clean in less then 6 days and im am going to test my hair as well but i was wonder do the mac thing works?

19. well I've spent the last 24 hours reading and researching the Internet. and I have to say I've read a lot more people that say it's worked then say it didn't. I don't know why somebody would go through the hassle to write on a forum and make up lies if they didn't actually do it and it worked. so I'm going to have to say based upon your usage yes it can work !! currently my head is on fire lol I'm on my second treatment for the first day and I have very very thin hair so it makes it to my scalp very easy. I wish you the best of luck my man, I'll keep updating on my treatments an How my test turns out.

I'm currently doing a baking soda scrub first then vinegar then the acne treatment.. I've then follow that up with a good treatment of t sal followed by washing it all out with Dawn extra strength dish detergent.
    anyone see a problem with my method? I also plan on bleaching and re dying at least twice in the next few days.

20. btw, I hear ya on the dream job thing same scenario for me right now. it's such a perfect job I'd cry if I don't get it