Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I tell if bud is good

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420fun, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys
    So I'm new to smoking, last week I bought some bud from a friend, from research I've done I know it's indica, is there any way to tell the quality.(keep in mind this is the first pot I've smoked so i have nothing to compare to)
    Thanks guys

2. Look for how noticeable the crystal is on the bud, can you clearly see all the white crystals on the nug? That's pretty much what I look for first, then smell is kind of important but its hard to describe smells.

3. If it gets you stoned it's good :D

4. Until you start smoking more it'll be hard to determine if it's good or not. But generally speaking coloration and heavy trichome population on the bud. Smell also places a huge role in determining it's quality. Be it tangerine, grape, skunk, sour, lemon, or whatever it may be. Also, mids and shit will tend to look a bit more scraggly and have less of a vibrant color.

5. The best way to tell is to smoke it...smoke that shit.

6. ask your friend if he knows what strain it is then leafly that shit.

also the more dank it smells the better, and look for the clear crystals on the bud (trichomes). the more of those the better

7. #7 Tree Burner, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    In high school, we would get blowed on shwag so just smoking it isn't really good enough since he has nothing to compare it to.

Can you post pictures? Basically what everyone else said.

8. By the smell.. And when you break it down, if your fingers are sticky and gritty, you got some dank...

If its brown, brick, has no smell or a chemical smell then its probably schwag.

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Look around youtube, google images, random websites, and "420" magazines for some refrences of what good bud looks like, they might even have some atricles or commentaries of some useful subjects. Also smoking some good bud VS bad bud is very noticible, a good high VS a bad high, taste and harshness, stuff like that.

10. a indica makes you lazy, chill on the couch and makes you want to do nothing as vs a sativia makes u wana do stuff

if thats the kind of buzz ur looking for, u should be ok

but weed isnt like a hard drug....it is always good!

11. Get a friend that been smoking for a while and bring him with you and see if it's good bud until you know what your doing that's how I did and I've never gotten ripped off(knocking on wood)

12. Thanks guys this really helped

13. How did u tell it was indica by looking at if

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Look for:
    Crystals or trichomes
    Orange or red hair
    Stickiness
    Dank Smell
    Tasty smoke

Avoid:
    Brown shit
    Dry shit
    Ground up shit
    Weak-smelling shit

15. Density and the amount of THC, really. Brighter green is usually better as well.