Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Need Help Choosing Some Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StarCrazy880610, May 24, 2013.

1. Is there anyone on here that is from the Santa Cruz, CA area? I just got my license about a month and a half ago. I started going to this dispensery there but know absolutely nothing about medical marijuana. Can someone help me out with what kind to get for a good mellow full body high. The last few times I have gone the stuff I have gotten is good, but I think there is better. I just don't know what I am talking about lol. I have a bubbler, and smoke a entire bowl by myself in one sitting (I just started smoking a month and half ago). There's gotta be something that I wont need to smoke as much of and can get me the kind of high I desire.

2. #2 DayJaVu, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    If you want a full body high, you will need an indica or indica dominate hybrid, as opposed to a sativa. The strains has some differences, but for the most part it isn't a huge deal. I haven't been to a despensary before, but don't they have someone their to reccomend certain strains?

Just go up to whoever you talk to when choosing bud and tell them exactly what your are looking for, they will most likely reccomend what you need.

3. Yes they do have someone there to tell you all about it. But when you don't know what questions to ask, they cant exactly answer anything can they lol. I have never heard or indica or sativa. Does that make me a bad pot head? I'm new to this... In fact I just retired from the military.

4. [​IMG]

A simple general picture of the differences.. "Cannabis indica has a higher level of CBD compared to THC, while Cannabis sativa has a higher level of THC compared to CBD.[3] Cannabis strains with relatively high CBD:THC ratios are less likely to induce anxiety than vice versa. This may be due to CBD's antagonistic effects at the cannabinoid receptors, compared to THC's partial agonist effect. CBD is also a 5-HT1A receptor agonist, which may also contribute to an anxiolytic effect.[4] This likely means the high concentrations of CBD found in Cannabis indica mitigate the anxiogenic effect of THC significantly.[4] The effects of sativa are well known for its cerebral high, hence used daytime as medical cannabis, while indica is well known for its sedative effects and preferred night time as medical cannabis.[4] The plant Cannabis sativa is known to cause more of a "high" by stimulating hunger and by producing a rather more comedic, or energetic feeling. Conversely, the Cannabis indica plant is known to cause more of a "stoned" or meditative feeling" .. you can continue the reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis