Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking In Apartment?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 8ight, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Figured this thread would be best here... I haven't smoked much at all in the last year, but I'm finally settled in now and found a new contact (hopefully), so I should be back in business soon.

But, my living conditions are different now. I used to share a house which had a pretty secluded yard. I could just step outside and light up no problem--roommates didn't mind/care. However, I'm now in a small apartment "complex." Stepping outside isn't really an option (no yard, and it'd be pretty obvious to everyone living there).

So I heard of the one trick before, to take a paper towel tube and stuff it with fabric softener sheets. Does this work?

Any other ideas for toking in an apartment? I only smoke at night when I get home from work (around 12am). Normally I wouldn't mind just smoking in my car--I used to do this at my old place too. Not to drive around, but just sitting in the car with some tunes and some bud. But again, that place was more secluded. I don't feel comfortable smoking in the parking lot for my apartment.

Would my neighbors catch a whiff if I just smoke by the window? I'm on the top floor and only have one person next to me. But would it carry over and would they smell it? FYI, I just use a bowl--no joints/blunts.

I suppose the best option would probably be to just get a vaporizer, but until overtime at work picks up I don't have extra cash to drop on one of them.

2. I smoke in my room in my apartment all the time, I keep the windows closed. The manager does an inspection every 6 months or so, all I have to do is spray a little Ozium, (great stuff) and theres no problem. Even if someone smelled it, they most likely wouldn't search every apartment for the culprit.

3. You set bet would be a vaporizer. I don't suggest blazing in ur car if you don't have to, it's much more risky and if you get busted they charge you like you were out in public, at least that's how the law is in my state atleast.

Since you only use bowls and don't burn paper then a spoof might actually work for you. (The toilet paper thing with dryer sheets). Instead use a paper towel roll since it's longer and u can stuff more sheets in it. Jus blaze by the window with the spoof faced outside. You can also check into scented candles or some fabreze. Its best to be as shady as possible, there are so many nosey neighbors. Hope this helps mate

4. Yeah man, Vaporizers eliminate 90% of the smell, and the smell it does leave behind smells more like popcorn than chronic! I'd definitely look at investing in a vape. I share a house with 4 other people and I vape in my room practically all day (when no in work anyhow), and non of them have any idea.

5. I smoke next to a double hung window on the downwind side of the building. The kind of window where the bottom sash slides up and the top sash slides down. That way you get cool air coming in the bottom and warm air naturally goes out the top and takes all the smoke with it. You've got to be aware of compass directions and where the wind is coming from for this to work but it sucks all the smoke right out the top of the window.

6. As someone who lives in an apartment myself, I would like to reassure you that unless your place is super dinky with thin walls and a ton of people, then you shouldn't have to worry about blazin'-up.

In fact, I just recently got toked in my apartment (only a few hits) and the likelihood of the smell emanating throughout the complex is VERY SLIM. Now, unless you're smoking nonstop all day, I seriously wouldn't worry about the aroma.

If it really bothers you that much, just take some necessary precautions. First off, keep all your doors and windows shut. Plus, smoking in a closet or or small room away from neighborly walls should work just fine. Finally, there's always incense and dryer sheets.

7. The vents. Watch them. I had a neighbor in my complex call the cops cause she smelled weed -_-.
    The vents are all I can think that could've given it away.

8. and if your apartment is like that, your not the only smoking, i live in the ghetto part of the complex and me and my neighbor just smoke blunts on our stoops.

9. I would just smoke it... Hopefully your neighbor won't come banging on your door like this other thread I saw, he was like receiving threats from the guy but he didn't care. :)

So all and all, just smoke up and if they got a problem with it, offer them some bud.

10. Its all fun and games until the bitch next door calls the cops. Maybe scope out, find out about the ppl directly next door. If anyone has kids expect problems if they smell. They're the ones who start stuff in my experiences.

11. Put a towel under the door of the room you're in and if you're feel extra cautious one under the main door of the apartment. You won't get caught. I do this all the time and I haven't been caught once. I think people think about things way too much. Even if someone called the police to say someone was smoking weed, they aren't exactly going to break every door down to find the culprit are they?

12. Them coming to my door was enough for me to give a word of caution haha.

Honestly I'm kinda jealous, I can't smoke in my own home :/

13. I figured vaping would be best... I'll start saving.

But I think for now, the spoof (knew there was a name for that!) is my best option. I'm not really worried about the smell escaping from my apartment, I just don't really want to potentially stink up the place. I know I could probably cover it up no problem, but I have a really poor sense of smell so I don't like trusting myself to notice whether or not it stinks. Seriously, I really can't tell... I've walked into rooms where people say, "It reeks of weed in here," and I yet don't even notice it.

Thanks for the advice!

14. i live in an apartment and nobody says anything. i use lots of incents and turn the fan on reverse.

15. Me and my girlfriend live in an apartment and smoke pretty regularly.

Frankly, the smell goes away after a couple of hours and I've never heard anything from any of my neighbors. Even if someone does smell something, it would be nearly impossible for them to figure out it was coming from your apartment (unless they can smell it through your front door.)

I think you're good to go even without a sploof.

16. Ozium, sploof, gravity bong, and vaporizers. the 4 best friends of anyone smoking in a small space such as an apartment, or dorm.

17. You shouldn't have anything to worry about, especially if you're smoking around midnight. I haven't had a single tenant complain about me in any apartment I've stayed at.

Plus, I always figured if the cops came knocking, I just wouldn't answer the door. The best place to do it is in the bathroom, especially if you have a vent that is meant to pull the hot water vapor out of the bathroom.

Nobody can be certain what apartment it's coming from.

18. [quote name='"DRO frazier"']You shouldn't have anything to worry about, especially if you're smoking around midnight. I haven't had a single tenant complain about me in any apartment I've stayed at.

Plus, I always figured if the cops came knocking, I just wouldn't answer the door. The best place to do it is in the bathroom, especially if you have a vent that is meant to pull the hot water vapor out of the bathroom.
    Nobody can be certain what apartment it's coming from.[/quote]

^ on smoking in the bathroom, door closed, with the bathroom vent on; I did this and was caught still (mostly because my roomate is an idiot and answered the door and invited the cop inside)

If you're a younger guy or look like a stoner remember you may be the first they suspect. lady next door thinks she owns the whole damn complex and talks about me and my mate as "those" one boys to at least one other tenant. obviously she directed the 5-0 right to our door when she "smelled pot emanating from the walls"

edit: just tryin to save ppl trouble, not trying to shoot down advice.

19. Suprised no one metioned the MFLB. Awesome portable vape

20. ^ I actually started looking up more info on vapes after making this thread. I actually have $200 from some gear I sold which I was planning to put towards something else, but I might change plans. :)