Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Tolerance or what?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bren610, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Since I have to retype this whole fucking thing again ill keep it short.

Been smoking 3-4 bowls per day for about 6 months.
    Usually get the same brick shit from the same guy.
    Now it takes at least 2 bowls and I'm barely high, and it only lasts a whole whopping half a hour.
    I've changed devices and used a grinder (for the kief).
    I could switch hookups, but my other guy charges $20/gram,
    As opposed to my current $5/gram.

I cant afford to smoke 5 bowls per sitting. Any help out there?

2. T-Break time.

3. Stop smoking for two to three weeks. That should get your tolerance back down:smoke:

4. You need the dank now man. And honestly I'd say I would never buy reg or even low mid because a lot of that shit comes from the cartels and is sprayed with chems.

5. Wow talk about fast responses! Man the LAST thing I want to do is take a long break lol... seems like the way to go though... or spend buttloads on better shit.

6. Realistically, would buying better shit eventually just put me back in the same tolerance boat? Side question- would cutting back on the amount per day help? Thanks!

7. Yes if you bought better stuff and continued to smoke on a regular basis, your tolerance would grow even more.

Cutting back on the amount per day would help, but if you aren't getting high when smoking a bowl or two right now, what's really the difference between cutting back a little (and not getting high) and not smoking at all for a couple of weeks?

8. You make an excellent point, aside from the fact that I just re-upped... hope it stays good lol. Thanks everyone for the no-nonsense responses!

9. Save $5 every week for 3 weeks while taking a smoke break, money you would be spending otherwise, and then spend $5 on week 4 for a gram of dank. You will need one a very small amount to get blasted.

Or spend $20 now for a gram, and with your tolerance, there is no reason it couldn't last you a while. Plus, you will get high. Spend $5/g shit weed and never get high. Or $20/g and smoke less frequently and when you do smoke, you actually get high.

10. If you are like most Americans, you have a faulty endocannabinoid system due to the "average American diet! :eek: Let me explain it to you....

The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is made up of tiny chemical receptors on and between your cells. The ones you are interested in are the CB1 receptors- they get you high (and a 1,000 other "little" things like fight depression and cancer).

In a recent medical study,

“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.”
    Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract

...they explain that you can't make WORKING CB1 receptors without Omega 3. Fewer working receptors means you won't get as high! :(

Easiest way to get Omega 3 into your diet is to start taking fish oil, flax seed oil, or hemp seed oil every day! Walmart usually has fish oil on sale.

It takes about a month to begin to notice the effect, simply because it takes time for all those broken receptors to be replaced with working ones. Fish oil has been shown to lift depression -

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

And it is WAY good for your heart, helps drop your bad cholesterol levels, and there are several more good reasons to take Omega 3 than just getting higher! :smoke: (But I think that's enough. :rolleyes:)

tl;dr- TAKE YOUR OMEGA 3 FOR BETTER HEALTH AND A BETTER HIGH!

Granny :wave:

11. No offends but I could have saved you some time by telling you that I'm a vegan and am exceptionally conscience about what I eat and if I'm getting everything I need, but thank you. It is excellent information for anyone who is human.

12. Good thing for you Granny mentioned 2 alternatives to fish oil that you would still be able to take as a vegan. The point of Granny's post isn't fish oil - it's getting omega 3 into your diet which will help get you higher.

This article also has some good info and alternatives.

13. I'm sorry, what I meant was I do not eat meat or dairy, however for protein and omega 3, I allow myself salmon 3 times per week, as being a vegan is not really a moral choice for me. In other words, I'm already getting it lol.

14. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Then you know that hemp seed is not only a source of Omega 3, but is also excellent nutritionally! And for the less informed-

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD (1) (full - 1992) HEMP SEED: The Most Nutritionally Complete Food Source In The World

Granny[/quote]

You and my wife sound identical lol

15. She must be one smart gal then, you lucky man! lol

16. #17 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
    He worded it weird, but he meant to say he gets enough Omega-3 in his diet.

OP, buy better weed. That is the answer. I wouldn't get high smoking 3-5 bowls of dank let alone 3-5 of dirt weed. Tolerance rises after you start smoking more than once a month.

*edit*
    This is good news, I am glad you're getting some protein in your diet that isn't from legumes. :) Vegetable protein just isn't the same as meat protein, no matter how much you wanna ignore it.

17. I'm telling you right now buying dank by the eighth is the only way to go. I smoke 5 times a day, and had to switch to mids a few months ago. (it was all we had in the area) it was garbage. it took 2-3 bowls to even feel lifted, and even then it was weeak compared to sweet lady dank, and wore off after 30 mins or even less. buy dank, buy in bulk, and try to keep it to 2 sessions a day. it's a daaamn good time

18. [quote name='"pheonix420"']I'm telling you right now buying dank by the eighth is the only way to go. I smoke 5 times a day, and had to switch to mids a few months ago. (it was all we had in the area) it was garbage. it took 2-3 bowls to even feel lifted, and even then it was weeak compared to sweet lady dank, and wore off after 30 mins or even less. buy dank, buy in bulk, and try to keep it to 2 sessions a day. it's a daaamn good time[/quote]

Likes this

19. So much for the nice price, back to $20/dime.